Xikar 11mm. Punch [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: Xikar 11mm. Punch

mpomario
02-01-2017, 11:35 PM
I got the black one from Cbid for $22 and it works great. It creates a much larger hole than either of my other punches and is very sharp. The twist retractible feature works very smoothly and pops the tobacco out. It is pretty heavy. I don't think I'll keep it on my keychain but just keep it in my accessory box. I'll let the cheap key ring one get knocked around on my key chain.
I used it on a Punch EMS Rothschild and it was the perfect size hole. I imagine it would work well on my boxed pressed sticks.

ADRUNKK
02-02-2017, 12:26 AM
Congrats. I'm not a big fan of punches but they do come in very handy when smoking larger ring gauge smokes. I will use a punch on a plus 60 ring gauge.

Rondo
02-02-2017, 01:30 PM
My X9mm is my go to lately and it gets thru TSA without an explanation.

Ranger0282
02-02-2017, 03:52 PM
I prefer a punch over a cut any day! The only punch I have is a 7mm that is on the bottom of my torch lighter. Our B&M doesn't sell them but somewhere around here there has got to be someone selling them and if I can find one I can pay cash for, I am going to grab me a good one.

gunnersguru
02-03-2017, 11:35 AM
my favorite punch is an 11mm NUB , 50rg up gets it .

HailTheBrownLeaf
02-03-2017, 01:54 PM
I have a Xikar 11mm cigar punch in silver. While I have only used it once so far, I really enjoyed using it. I love the heft of the thing and how well it is made.

I also have an Adorini 8mm cigar punch although I rarely smoke anything under a 50 RG nowadays.

mpomario
02-03-2017, 05:12 PM
I didn't want to pay 35 bucks for a punch and I wanted a large one, bigger that the cheap little one on my key chain. $22 bucks? Sure why not. I really like it's heft. I registered it on the Zikar website for the lifetime warranty. I am not sure if there is a case for it but they send a case for your lighter or cutter if you register it.

HailTheBrownLeaf
02-03-2017, 07:14 PM
I didn't want to pay 35 bucks for a punch and I wanted a large one, bigger that the cheap little one on my key chain. $22 bucks? Sure why not. I really like it's heft. I registered it on the Zikar website for the lifetime warranty. I am not sure if there is a case for it but they send a case for your lighter or cutter if you register it.

Nope they don't send free leather sheaths for registering punches.

AFAIK, they don't even make sheaths for punches. Why would they need to?? :)

SoCal Gunner
02-04-2017, 09:43 PM
I prefer a punch over a cut any day! The only punch I have is a 7mm that is on the bottom of my torch lighter. Our B&M doesn't sell them but somewhere around here there has got to be someone selling them and if I can find one I can pay cash for, I am going to grab me a good one.
I'm too lazy to look it up now, but I posted about making a punch out of .308 shell sharpened with your case trimmer. Give it a try or next time I'm in the garage and find a nickel 308 case I'll make you one.

Ranger0282
02-04-2017, 10:04 PM
I remember that post and pulled out a .308 of my own. I assume the tobacco and leaf buildup would just get pushed to the back of the shell casing until it filled up.

mpomario
02-05-2017, 11:54 AM
One thing I noticed is that it is notched so that you can adjust the depth at which it punches.

SoCal Gunner
02-05-2017, 12:36 PM
I remember that post and pulled out a .308 of my own. I assume the tobacco and leaf buildup would just get pushed to the back of the shell casing until it filled up.
Well, if it wasn't obvious, pop the primer out and leave it empty. Then IF it were to build up you can push it out.

Ranger0282
02-05-2017, 01:01 PM
Well DUH!! If there was a little yellow round guy in the corner here slapping his forehead with his hand instead of just the smiley face ones and the winky ones..I'd post it. Got it now.......................... Boy, do I feel like an idiot.......again:)

mpomario
02-05-2017, 04:51 PM
I didn't have much luck trying to make one.

UBC03
02-05-2017, 05:04 PM
Well DUH!! If there was a little yellow round guy in the corner here slapping his forehead with his hand instead of just the smiley face ones and the winky ones..I'd post it. Got it now.......................... Boy, do I feel like an idiot.......again:)
OR just toss it and sharpen another.

stanfiem
07-18-2017, 01:52 AM
I have a xikar lighter with a 7mm punch. It works great. I love punch and the only time i dont use one is when it is a torpedo.