Why was my thread "removed"? [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: Why was my thread "removed"?

adriette
07-15-2017, 11:24 PM
I don't remember "removing" the thread titled "Fantasy Football" today. But when I went to my computer screen (I am typing this from my phone presently), it said the thread was removed, yet all posts remain on the computer and the phone. I don't think I breached compliance rules. How or why did this happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JtAv8tor
07-15-2017, 11:35 PM
I don't remember "removing" the thread titled "Fantasy Football" today. But when I went to my computer screen (I am typing this from my phone presently), it said the thread was removed, yet all posts remain on the computer and the phone. I don't think I breached compliance rules. How or why did this happen?

Might have just been moved from one section to another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

UBC03
07-15-2017, 11:47 PM
It was moved to the sports section

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

JtAv8tor
07-15-2017, 11:50 PM
Man I am psychic !!

Okay psychotic is more like it but hey gotta start some where...

adriette
07-15-2017, 11:54 PM
Thanks, but who moved it? Did I somehow?

Alrightdriver
07-15-2017, 11:56 PM
Thanks, but who moved it? Did I somehow?

I'm sure it was a mod. Probably dino since he was the one weep replied.

Sent from my LGL82VL using Tapatalk

UBC03
07-15-2017, 11:58 PM
curmudgeonista (another mod here) moved it to the correct section. No biggie

Alrightdriver
07-16-2017, 12:01 AM
curmudgeonista (another mod here) moved it to the correct section. No biggie

And to think i was going to suggest he send you a feet pic as a sort of thank you.. Lmao

UBC03
07-16-2017, 12:08 AM
And to think i was going to suggest he send you a feet pic as a sort of thank you.. Lmao

We need a middle finger next to the like button.[emoji6]

adriette
07-16-2017, 12:18 AM
Ok, makes sense. But I thought I was being charged for first degree murder or something for talking about football. This is the USA lol

JtAv8tor
07-16-2017, 12:18 AM
Shhhh they will hear you....

adriette
07-16-2017, 12:32 AM
Thanks for your help guys. I'm still trying to learn the system. Much appreciated...

curmudgeonista
07-16-2017, 12:34 AM
@curmudgeonista (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/member.php?u=17948) (another mod here) moved it to the correct section. No biggie

That is correct. I posted a note in the thread saying it had been moved to "Sports" and I left a temporary re-direct in General Cigar Discussion.

@adriette (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/member.php?u=51857) - The redirect says "Moved", not "Removed".

JtAv8tor
07-16-2017, 12:36 AM
It's a cover up I tell you! Jack knows where the aliens are!

adriette
07-16-2017, 08:39 AM
Understood.

Cigary
07-16-2017, 02:04 PM
Too many times threads are started in the General Discussion and that's not what it's for. We have actual Forum Areas to which new threads should be started...for instance if somebody wants to talk about Spirits or Alcohol then that should be put into the that Forum Area...not General Discussion. The idea is to put threads/posts in an area that is common to that subject otherwise when doing a search for such an item it will actually show up in the area it's supposed to be in. In a library they use the decimal system so that people can do a search for the exact area they are looking for otherwise why have a system at all and we just pile books on top of each other and spend the week looking for one book ?

Please find the Forum that corresponds to the subject matter you want to post a thread in....that's how things stay organized. I know that when a thread is first started it comes up as a NEW ITEM and is easy to see and read but as time goes by that thread will stay in the wrong category and when somebody wants to do a search by category they won't get to see it.

General Discussion is for those things that are not common to the rest of the Forums....again...take 10 seconds out of your life and look up the CORRECT forum to post in otherwise I'm going to come to your house and put your toilet paper in the basement under that old carpet you said you were going to use a year ago ....that should give you some incentive to help us Mods put info in the right place....esp. when you are needing that toilet paper immediately and can't find it.

LeatherNeck
07-16-2017, 07:06 PM
It's a cover up I tell you! Jack knows where the aliens are!

He also knows where Iraq's WMD's are...but he ain't sayin'.:grin2: