A Generous Aged Gesture [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: A Generous Aged Gesture

ebnash
05-08-2018, 02:32 AM
Nathan and I were talking on PM and he asked if I was interested in sampling some Tambolaka. Of course, the first thing that came to mind was , WTF is Tambolaka? I did a quick Google on it and was immediately intrigued so I responded, yes please! Obviously, we know how things work around here so I was not surprised when there were some extra baggies in there.

What did surprise me, were the dates on these baggies. OneStrangeOne is a very generous brother and decided to share some of his well aged stock for me to sample. I'm humbled and excited to smoke these all and it won't be very long before I do. His words about the Tambolaka, "It's primordial". How can you not get jacked up about trying that stuff.

Thanks Nathan, your the man.

Tambolaka - 2010
GL Pease Samarra - 2000!
McCleland Holiday Spirit - 2012
H&H Marble Cake - 2012

Navistar
05-08-2018, 02:41 AM
Hell of a group here. Friends for life

UBC03
05-08-2018, 06:44 AM
Great job Nathan

sent from Bob's.. smoking customs til he gets home and presses charges..

Hickorynut
05-08-2018, 09:34 AM
Let me know when you are ready to try the Tambolaka.....I have not yet, waiting for a clear head and idle time! Nice job Vlad! OneStrangeOne

ebnash
05-08-2018, 11:00 AM
Let me know when you are ready to try the Tambolaka.....I have not yet, waiting for a clear head and idle time! Nice job Vlad! OneStrangeOne

That would be tonight. Gonna try to get home early and get a bike ride in and gonna settle in on the deck and fire this up. Wife has late meetings with Japan, so it will be just Sherman and I this evening. I've read some pretty intense reviews about this tobacco regarding strength and "never again." Somehow, I'm pretty immune to N strength as I only notice it if I'm drinking bourbon with a high strength cigar, so most likely the booze. Never felt the N with pipe tobacco, including Royal Yacht. Should be interesting...

Hickorynut
05-08-2018, 11:19 AM
Unfortunately, I have Fire Dept meetings and training tonight......but I'll be looking for that review :)That would be tonight. Gonna try to get home early and get a bike ride in and gonna settle in on the deck and fire this up. Wife has late meetings with Japan, so it will be just Sherman and I this evening. I've read some pretty intense reviews about this tobacco regarding strength and "never again." Somehow, I'm pretty immune to N strength as I only notice it if I'm drinking bourbon with a high strength cigar, so most likely the booze. Never felt the N with pipe tobacco, including Royal Yacht. Should be interesting...

Sent from the Stoopid Factory HR Dept....

Piper
05-09-2018, 12:59 PM
Passing wisdom (and aged tobacco) on from one generation to another. Love it!

ebnash
05-09-2018, 02:09 PM
I can’t wait for the day someone in my local circle brags about Nicotine tolerance. I’ll be like, “Hey, I found this awesome new blend called Tambolaka you should try. It’s so smooth, but you really need to puff hard and retrohale to pull all the flavors out.”

Piper
05-09-2018, 02:16 PM
I canít wait for the day someone in my local circle brags about Nicotine tolerance. Iíll be like, ďHey, I found this awesome new blend called Tambolaka you should try. Itís so smooth, but you really need to puff hard and retrohale to pull all the flavors out.Ē

Hahaha. You are wicked!:wink2:

huffer33
05-10-2018, 10:28 PM
Great sampler there Nathan!