: Orlando - Corona Cigar Co.

floydpink
07-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Corona Cigar Company
7792 W. Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819
1-888-70-CIGAR

www.coronacigar.com

Largest cigar store in the world, or at least that's what they claim. Huge selection of cigars and accessories. Cigar bar serving wine and beer with great selection of domestic and imported beers and vintage ports. Limited menu for food. Lively crowd most nights, especially weekends.

Tuxguy
07-27-2007, 01:40 AM
My favorite:tu
Like a kid in a candy store

Aunt Bea
07-27-2007, 07:51 AM
yeah very sweet place all brother could find the wild to mild in there they also have a al calpones vault in there with some very rare stuff

DennisP
07-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Was there last Saturday for the Oliva event, first time at the Orlando one.

There is also one in Heathrow/Lake Mary that is great. Little smaller, but I couldn't really tell, must be back room space.

gefell
07-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Very nice place, I really hate goin there cause I wanna buy so much !

rfenst
07-30-2007, 04:58 PM
I would be happy to meet botl to herf at either location, although I prefer Heathrow...

God
08-06-2007, 10:53 PM
A must stop every time I'm in Orlando... What a wonderful place... why can't they have these on every street corner of every city?

floydpink
08-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Just found out the newest location is due to open in downtown Orlando and will be 5000 square feet with a full bar.

snkbyt
08-14-2007, 10:59 AM
been there................nice place

DETROITPHA357
08-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Corona Cigar Company
7792 W. Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819
1-888-70-CIGAR

www.coronacigar.com

Largest cigar store in the world, or at least that's what they claim. Huge selection of cigars and accessories. Cigar bar serving wine and beer with great selection of domestic and imported beers and vintage ports. Limited menu for food. Lively crowd most nights, especially weekends.

Myself my father and snkbyt (alex) (looking for floydpink) will be there tomorrow around 10-11am for breakfast and this cuban sandwich he keeps telling me about (it better be good) if any1wants to join let us to know ta look out for you or just show up.:chk I need to get somemore smokes my father done smoked all of his I gave him (15) and he's now smoking mine:mad: hope there prices are ok. C U there tomorrow Alex.

snkbyt
08-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Myself my father and snkbyt (alex) (looking for floydpink) will be there tomorrow around 10-11am for breakfast and this cuban sandwich he keeps telling me about (it better be good) if any1wants to join let us to know ta look out for you or just show up.:chk I need to get somemore smokes my father done smoked all of his I gave him (15) and he's now smoking mine:mad: hope there prices are ok. C U there tomorrow Alex.

tomorrow it is........:ss

DETROITPHA357
08-16-2007, 01:27 PM
tomorrow it is........:ss

Hey check your pm,

snkbyt
08-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Hey check your pm,

been there did that

DETROITPHA357
08-16-2007, 01:31 PM
been there did that

Let me know if u can do that and when and ill do the other thing.

floydpink
08-16-2007, 02:58 PM

In the morning?

Best I could do is swing by on my lunch break around 12 noon.

DETROITPHA357
08-16-2007, 03:08 PM
In the morning?

Best I could do is swing by on my lunch break around 12 noon.
we will be there.:tu

floydpink
08-16-2007, 04:10 PM
so will I then.

DETROITPHA357
08-16-2007, 04:22 PM
so will I then.

:tu

DETROITPHA357
08-17-2007, 03:07 AM
If any1knows how are the prices at this place.

floydpink
08-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Ok prices, HUGE selection.

I am on my way there on my lunch and will be there around noon.

I think you have my cel number and if you want, give me a ring before 11:30 and I will give you a choice of some of my smokes that you definitely won't find at Corona, just not sure what you like and if you'll definitely be there when I am.

floydpink
08-17-2007, 02:59 PM
it was great to meet Snkbyt, DETROIT357, and a new gorilla Cousteu (sp?) as well as Booker's dad.

Great bunch of guys, my first face to face CS meeting and not the last.

We exchanged some cigars, and stories and I left with some of Alex's famous BBQ sauce.

Deuce Da Masta
08-17-2007, 03:39 PM
I'll definately be hitting this place up over labor day week. Going to be on a cruise from 9-3 through 9-7 but probably hit it on the evening of 9-7 or early afternoon of 9-8.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

floydpink
08-17-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm interested, let me know when you will be there.

BTW, I am wondering how the Cuban samwiches are that those guys had as I have never eaten there.

snkbyt
08-17-2007, 03:55 PM

BTW, I am wondering how the Cuban samwiches are that those guys had as I have never eaten there.

they don't suck

Deuce Da Masta
08-17-2007, 05:23 PM

Tentatively Friday, Sept. 7th about 2-3 'ish.

rfenst
08-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Wish I had read this yeaterday, because I had nothing important to do all day today...

DETROITPHA357
08-17-2007, 10:02 PM
it was great to meet Snkbyt, DETROIT357, and a new gorilla Cousteu (sp?) as well as Booker's dad.

Great bunch of guys, my first face to face CS meeting and not the last.

We exchanged some cigars, and stories and I left with some of Alex's famous BBQ sauce.Nice meeting ya

Wish I had read this yeaterday, because I had nothing important to do all day today...
maybe next time.

Troop_lee
08-18-2007, 07:35 PM
A couple of friends from work and I went to the Heathrow location yesterday, we cut out of the office at 3:30 and went to have a smoke before heading home. It was great!! I will definitely be heading back there.

Deuce Da Masta
08-18-2007, 10:42 PM
So which is better/bigger the Heathrow or Orlando shop?

floydpink
08-19-2007, 09:45 AM
The Orlando location is the headquarters and the biggest for now, until the new location opens with a full liquor bar.

I'd love to get some of the Fla crew to meet up for a herf there. The area around it is also the best place to go out to eat and Amura next door has the best sushi I have ever tried. As an added bonus, the girls working at Corona are very friendly as well as nice tyo look at. Right, Detroit and Snake???

Rhody738
08-21-2007, 12:12 AM
Great place overall! I had meet up with that Troop guy in the Heathrow location, but the staff in Orlando was wonderful in helping you out!

Just ask them what they had to smoke to work there! :pu

Bob
09-08-2007, 09:35 PM
I might swing in there sometime if I can get those free airline tickets from my son...WE will have to take a little daytrip there sometime.

CIGARTOYZ
09-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Picked up a couple of corona golds today, a little pricy but i havent tried them yet hopefully they are good. I will keep everyone posted

floydpink
09-09-2007, 12:37 PM
I smoked one of them a couple days ago and wasn't overly impressed. For the money, they're are better for me.

PJT35
09-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Corona Cigar Company
7792 W. Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819
1-888-70-CIGAR

www.coronacigar.com

Love this place! Can't wait until I am cigar hunting there in December!:ss

SmokeyJoe
09-16-2007, 02:54 PM
One of my favorite cigar stores... a MUST visit anytime I am in Orlando. Love this place! :ss

BarneyBandMan
09-16-2007, 10:45 PM
Lost my cigar cherry there---Cohiba Robusto still respects me...every time

snkbyt
09-16-2007, 11:33 PM
Love this place! Can't wait until I am cigar hunting there in December!:ss
make sure to post when you'll be in the area if you'd like to herf w/some FL Gators....I mean Gorillas

Horselington
09-17-2007, 12:38 AM
Defintely would like to Herf there soon. This upcoming Saturday is the 601 event...gotta love 601s. Plus they just got in the Avo 787 which is frickin phenominal!

E

floydpink
09-20-2007, 04:12 PM
I will be at the 601 event briefly, anyone else?

Horselington
09-21-2007, 01:35 AM
I will be at the 601 event briefly, anyone else?

I'll be there from about 3 or so, maybe a little before, onwards

E

Papichulo
10-08-2007, 12:15 PM
The Orlando location is the headquarters and the biggest for now, until the new location opens with a full liquor bar.

I'd love to get some of the Fla crew to meet up for a herf there. The area around it is also the best place to go out to eat and Amura next door has the best sushi I have ever tried. As an added bonus, the girls working at Corona are very friendly as well as nice tyo look at. Right, Detroit and Snake??? That is how you do it. I go to the hostess at Amura, order, tip and let the girl know I am out in front of Corona and ask if she/they could deliver while I smoke and watch all the exotic sports car and women drive/walk by. Now that is a perfect day. :tu

Horselington
10-18-2007, 01:26 AM
Pepin Garcia this weekend! Woohoo!

E

DennisP
10-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Pepin Garcia this weekend! Woohoo!

E
I'm going to tomorrow's event I think. If anyone else is planning, hit me up with a PM.

floydpink
10-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Just left Corona from my lunch break at 1pm in Orlando and bumped into Pepin and his crew coming in to set up for the 2 pm event. Wish I coulda stayed longer.

The Korean
11-12-2007, 11:58 PM
I am going to be in Orlando next week, I have already told the wife, I am making a trip to this place. I can't wait. The wife and kids are excited about Disney and I am excited about this, gotta love it.

snkbyt
12-19-2007, 06:33 AM
meet & greet w/Scottie (volfan) today or tomorrow after work, those that I have cell phones for, I call as soon as I find out when he is able to make it and if for some reason it falls through, I'll see the lot of ya on Saturday the 22nd for the holiday herf

yourchoice
01-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Paging the Central Florida Crew!!!

My family and I are headed to Disney for a week arriving Sunday the 20th. I've (somehow) convinced my wife that I'm leaving the park early that day to watch the late game. After PMing floydpink and getting more info, I decided Corona will be my spot to watch! :tu

I plan on getting there around 6-6:30. I just hope there aren't any flight delays.

Anybody interested in meeting up?

Troop_lee
01-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Paging the Central Florida Crew!!!

My family and I are headed to Disney for a week arriving Sunday the 20th. I've (somehow) convinced my wife that I'm leaving the park early that day to watch the late game. After PMing floydpink and getting more info, I decided Corona will be my spot to watch! :tu

I plan on getting there around 6-6:30. I just hope there aren't any flight delays.

Anybody interested in meeting up?

PM me your cell number!

yourchoice
01-17-2008, 01:23 PM
PM me your cell number!

PM sent!

Mr. Doug
01-18-2008, 12:39 AM
Ok, so I'm in Orlando for the PGA Merchandise show this week. Holy Mother of Crap is this place insane!

Someone asked me to meet them there on Monday, and I've been back every night since.

Honestly...that place has to be Cigar Heaven.

heatmiser
01-26-2008, 03:00 AM
Just spent the last few days in Orlando for business and went to Corona Cigar on Sand Lake twice. I got to know Joe pretty well on the sales floor. Talk about a nice guy and great BOTL. He hooked me up big time and I gave him one of my goodies that his store didn't carry.

Spent the evenings in the bar area smoking some of my new purchases (Liga Privada #9, 601 Green Label and AVO 787) and got to know the ladies behind the bar. Sanjie (?) is a total sweetheart as are the other ladies. Loved this place and only wish we had something like it in San Diego.

BTW - They are opening another store in February that is even bigger and will have a full line of scotch and bourbon (YUMMY!) in their bar.

yourchoice
01-27-2008, 06:37 PM
I made it to Corona as I hoped last Sunday while on vacation. Quite the football game I got to watch!

The store has an enormous selection (albeit a little pricey on some stuff), wonderful staff and an overall great place to sit back and smoke a cigar or two.

I wish the timing could have been better to meet up with a few of you, but there's always a next time (albeit probably a couple years out for me :mad:)

Highly recommended for anyone visiting the Orlando/Disney area. Two :tu

Albertasmoker
01-27-2008, 10:16 PM
I was in Orlando and went to Corona Co.the first night, and had to go back every other. Great selection! must see if your in Orlando.

tobychu
04-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Ok, so I'm in Orlando for the PGA Merchandise show this week. Holy Mother of Crap is this place insane!

Someone asked me to meet them there on Monday, and I've been back every night since.

Honestly...that place has to be Cigar Heaven.

Agreed. Was there last year and I'm leaving for Orlando next Saturday. This place is heaven and will be first on my priority list. Can't wait to try out the new Diamond Crown lounge in downtown Orlando. :dr

tobychu
04-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Agreed. Was there last year and I'm leaving for Orlando next Saturday. This place is heaven and will be first on my priority list. Can't wait to try out the new Diamond Crown lounge in downtown Orlando. :dr

Just got back from Orlando. While down there, my brother-in-law and I tried out the new Diamond Crown lounge. The selection was unbelievable....took me 20 mins just to pick one out. I was like a kid in a candy store. The place really is first class. The lounge area was very nice. Big bar, a number of tables and, of course, a 50+ inch plasma. Watched the Cavaliers stomp the Wizards. It was a great night.

s0leful0ne
07-03-2008, 06:31 PM
my family lives on orlando and i see the guys at corona more often than i see them. Great service great atmosphere...meet me and ucubed there this saturday for a mini herf...basically look for the two asian youngins

Lotstar
07-18-2008, 01:04 AM
Anyone know what rh% they keep their cigars at. everytime i smoke one straight from there it's a bit dry.

ucubed
08-03-2008, 03:44 PM
70% so it's actually not dry at all...dunno what you are smoking, in fact that's a bit higher than I like my cigars =/

PolarGar
08-11-2008, 10:47 AM
My wife and I will be in Orlando during the last week of August for business and I am very much looking forward to visiting this location and picking up 4 boxes of cigars - it seems like my problem not be finding cigars but narrowing it down to only 100 sticks!

Any suggestions on good brands out there with aging potential? Anyone want to hook up for a cigar or two (or three, etc...:)) while I'm down there?

Nice to be here at the forum btw - I like what you have done with the place. ;)

Chris

PolarGar
08-15-2008, 02:54 PM
El Rey Del-Bump-o.....:cb

s0leful0ne
08-16-2008, 01:24 PM
pm me polargar when you get the chance, ucubed and I live down there...

my parents do not know about my cigar hobby (lol) so if i can sneak out and meet you up we can figure something out

MNWanger
08-24-2008, 01:31 PM
A must stop every time we're down there visiting my wife's family. Met Jeff (the owner), once, and he was a very nice guy. He even introduced me to Avo. :) Always wish I had more $ every time I walk into the store. Can't wait to move down there and make this my local B&M. :D

PolarGar
08-28-2008, 08:03 AM
Yesterday I visited this store.

I laughed, I cried, I became a better person. :ss
And I smoked a God of Fire while in the lounge and brought to the hotel a stash to smoke on my balcony in the coming evenings including a Padron 1926 #9 which I devoured last evening.

Life doesn't suck right about now!

ucubed
08-28-2008, 06:23 PM
heh you shoulda have said something to the Orlando people...then again I'm in school in Gainesville anyways =/

TravelingJ
09-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Sounds like a good place! It looks like I'm going to be working down in Orlando for about 6 weeks, so I will have to check it out.

kylej1
09-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Ill be in Orlando next week(if Ike doesnt kill us all by then, haha), so I am defn going to stop by.

PolarGar
09-05-2008, 07:55 PM
I can't recommend this company highly enough. If the cigar you want is not there is is likely not worth having! :tu

They have terrific selection, fantastic friendly staff, and a kick ass smoking lounge - I mean what more could you want??? :dr

BarneyBandMan
09-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Was down the weekend after Labor Day. Made several extended visits to Corona with SmokeyJoe. Jose Oliva was there for a Nub event on Saturday. Picked up some of those. Also enjoyed Gods of Fire--yes--2 of 'em, a 26, couple of 64s, a VSG, on and on and on....some great tawny port, as well.

Had a great time!

SmokeyJoe
09-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Was down the weekend after Labor Day. Made several extended visits to Corona with SmokeyJoe. Jose Oliva was there for a Nub event on Saturday. Picked up some of those. Also enjoyed Gods of Fire--yes--2 of 'em, a 26, couple of 64s, a VSG, on and on and on....some great tawny port, as well.

Had a great time!

What a great time... and what an awesome place! I love the Corona Store. :tu

CigarGuyinOTown
10-19-2008, 01:22 PM
I was a little bit worried about being disappointed with Corona after all of the hype, but this place is awesome.

I went once, then immediately started making a list of stuff to look for the next time that I went there. They had every single stick that I was looking for.

I picked up a God of Fire tubo, a My Father (Don Pepin Garcia himself was there yesterday!), some Illusiones, Tatuaje, Oliva, Lito Gomez, and Ashton ESG. They even have Opus there consistently, even if they are 3x MSRP. Kind of disappointed with the Gurkha selection, but I can pick those up at the B&M in Celebration anyway.

Everyone is helpful, rarely pushy, and they had all of the football games on so I didn't even miss any college action!

Baz
02-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Just left Corona from my lunch break at 1pm in Orlando and bumped into Pepin and his crew coming in to set up for the 2 pm event. Wish I coulda stayed longer.

If you work downtown, please let me know, I work at SunTrust and would be happy to join you for a smoke to say hello and introduce myself, just joined the forum...

hmbddd
02-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Stopped by Corona on Sand Lake last month and it nearly sent me to the poorhouse! Not due to the prices, mind you, but because I was like a kid in a candy store! Their selection was out of this world and the staff very helpful. My only criticism was that there is nothing resembling an organization system so I had a little trouble finding a few specific sticks I wanted. I even asked the staff if there was a system I just wasn't seeing and they said "nope." But they were more than happy to point me in the right direction! Man I wish there was a Corona Cigar Co. close by me!

docruger
03-08-2009, 09:40 PM
what!!!! did somebody say corona !!!

mommy can i go to corona. please-- please -- please -- please

andrew s
03-13-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm going to be in Orlando on the 31st of the month, I will have to check out the downtown one. Looks like a really nice place

Legion
03-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Corona Cigar Co. is the best. I had my very first cigar there in 2006 at the SandLake.
Ancient Warrior-Rothschild by Gurkha
They treated me like one of the gang and answered all my questions. Now with the amazing downtown. location its like my cigar Mecca :) Great selection of cigars and spirits....With friendly knowledgeable people.
Everytime I go to Flordia for vacation I plan at least three visits to Corona's.

Jack Straw
03-18-2009, 01:15 AM
I'm on a business trip to Orlando right now, and had a chance to stop by this outstanding establishment tonight. It was great - basically a cigar supermarket with a bar on the side! My friend and I had some CAO LX2's at the bar, what a great time. Cute bartender too ;) The humidity level in there was good too, the cigars smoked very well right off the shelf.

Funny how we got there, though. We had a pair of cigars (including the second Perdomo I've had which had way too tight a draw and wasn't too flavorful, I'm going to "take a break" from that brand for a while) and some bourbon at the hotel, and decided to walk to the store which was 5.5 miles away. What a poor, poor decision. We were about halfway there (an hour later), walking down the side of a highway with no sidewalk in flip flops (I have awful blisters now, my feet aren't summer conditioned yet), and decided that we'd had enough, at which point we called a cab. Of course, the driver got lost, and when we finally got there, he all but ran over a table of guys who were smoking outside, hitting the curb. When we got out, one of them said, "Hey ask the driver if he wants another beer before he leaves!" All was well though, and we met some good folks there.

Gonna have some DPG Blues we got there tomorrow!

MrMusicMan1
04-12-2009, 01:56 AM
Absolutely my favorite place to chill out sit outside order a buck of beer smoke my first watch some amazing cars order a Cuban sandwich order another bucket and smoke my second. Yeah, that about sums it up. I love this place! Looking for some company, hit me up. Hard to beat Corona.

Dr_Wogz
11-06-2009, 05:05 PM
My "must visit when we're in Orlando". love it! and I have the shirt to prove it!! Walk in, grab a basket and a smoke. Spark it up & shop.. I usually finish shopping & the stick at about the same time!!

I love the "brrrrp" of the humidizer every minute or so..
And the smell as you walk in... like being hit in the face with a velvet glove..

And the wife has the Barnes & Nobles around the corner!! :D

TimNRA757
11-15-2009, 01:30 AM
Corona is the absolute best spot... I drive from Daytona to their location in Lake Mary to buy. Not a lot of local selection here other than the Tinderbox which is good too but you can't beat the selection that Corona has. Or when I go to Disney I have to make a stop at their main store in Orlando.

ThomasHudson
12-17-2009, 03:25 AM
I must admit that I've been to all three within the same day. I may have a problem. Great people, great place. It'd be nice if they put one up in Daytona.

Wiseguy1982
01-27-2010, 12:18 AM
I'm not exactly sure when I will be at Corona, but my wife and I are going down Orlando on February 28th through March 9th. I will be going to the location on sand lake rd.

If anyone wants to meet up, pm me. :smoke:

logancorona
05-26-2010, 03:38 AM
My name is logan and I am a Sales Associate at the Main store (sandlake rd) for Corona. Ive read through most of the reviews on the shop and almost all of them have been positive which is awesome. If any of you are ever in town or live in orlando come in and introduce yourself and enjoy a great smoke.