Jacksonville - Island Girl Cigar Bar [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: Jacksonville - Island Girl Cigar Bar

SuperT
08-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Island Girl Cigar Bar
7860 Gate Parkway, Suite 115
Jacksonville, FL 32256

www.islandgirljax.com

They've expanded and are now serving food! They have a tiki hut room available for private events -- perfect for parties for family & friends and corporate or group functions.

Laid-back island atmosphere in Jacksonville's newest smoker-friendly establishment. They are serve an outstanding selection of wines and beers and have one of the largest walk-in humidors in the Jacksonville area, carrying all of your favorite premium cigars. They also have a package store for carry-out purchases of fine wines, domestic & import beers, premium cigars and accessories.

Very similar to Aromas in the Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra area.

G-Man
11-19-2008, 03:51 PM
This is by far my favorite spot in J'ville. They have monthly cigar and wine specials as well as weekly events.

Nice staff and a very comfortable atmosphere. For a new store, they have a very good selection of premium brands.

ajsuarez78
12-02-2008, 09:26 AM
I've gone here a few times for a relaxing smoke. I like it better than Aromas, the crowd there sometimes is a bit "too rich" for my liking. I normally go to island girl right after I go eat at the melting pot.

mrreindeer
12-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Awesome, thanks for this. I've got a couple great friends out there I need to visit soon. I'll definitely put this in the address book! :tu

Smokin Gator
12-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Awesome, thanks for this. I've got a couple great friends out there I need to visit soon. I'll definitely put this in the address book! :tu

It is too funny this showed up this morning. I am meeting a couple of BOTL there tomorrow night!!!

If/when you get down this way let me know and I will put together a HERF.

mrreindeer
12-02-2008, 10:23 AM
It is too funny this showed up this morning. I am meeting a couple of BOTL there tomorrow night!!!

Absolutely will do! :tu:tu

BlueHavanaII
12-02-2008, 10:44 AM

Is Rick Lay still the owner of Island Girl? If so, and you see him, tell him Jim from Blue Havana says "hello"!

Smokin Gator
12-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Is Rick Lay still the owner of Island Girl? If so, and you see him, tell him Jim from Blue Havana says "hello"!

I have no idea. Tomorrow will be the first time I have been there. Starchild (Andre) and I live in the same town and have just started getting together. We have been trying to get Steve up here, but he works down near Island Girl. Sounded like a good idea for a short road trip to me!!! I have invited ggainey as well, but haven't heard back from him.

I will ask about Rick.

Brent

G-Man
05-24-2009, 06:24 PM
For anyone the hasn't been to Island Girl in the past month, they recently received their liquor license and are now serving liquor as well as wine and beer.

They also just opened a location at Jacksonville Beach.