The "Bring the Noise, Bring the Pass" Pass [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: The "Bring the Noise, Bring the Pass" Pass

Addiction
05-18-2008, 07:56 PM
OK so here is whats going on. I saw premium pass number one and got in on it. Then I saw premium pass 2 and some of the stuff thats passing there is mindblowing. So then I said I wanted to put up the premium pass to end all premium passes.

The only thing stopping me is my crappy collection.

So I'll just have to put up a really decent premium pass.

Here is what I'm leaning towards doing. I clearly don't have the sophisticated selection that Jovenhut does, but I do have a metric ass ton of the things I like. So i was considering loading up a box something along these lines:

5 Don Carlos 30th Anniversary - 07
5 Padron 80th Anniversary - 07
10 White Owl Invincibles - 54
5 Cohiba Secretos - 07
5 Boliver Extra Coronas - 02
5 Punch Royal Selecion #12 - 00
5 Quai D'Orsey Clara Corona - 01

The two smokes in bold I wouldn't consider high dollar but they are both smoking excellently right now.

Thats the candidate list at least, it may fluctuate a bit depending on how big we make this pass but I think I'm looking at a very small number no more than 10. It also may fluctate because I have 4-5 boxes of ELs and RE coming in and I'd be willing to give some of those up if people want to play in that range. But some of those are serious $$$ smokes and I didn't want to go that hard so people aren't intimidated.

The rules would be:

- 6 Months in CS with at least 10 trader feedback because at any given time we'll be dealing with at least $500 of smokes.
- Trade like for like. Cuban for Cuban, NC for NC.
- Trade value for Value. if you take a $30 stick leave one in that range.
- I am OK if you take NC and put a cuban, I'd prolly be less happy in reverse lol.
- Trade and ship within 1 business day of receipt.
- You can take as many sticks as you want, but you can't take duplicates. You do however have to at a minimum put as many as you take.
- Post your puts and takes.
- The sticks will be in bags with numbered slots, so if you take #30, put the cigar your replacing it with in number #30. I'll include a couple of extra bags but once there are no available slots no more extras. if you simply must leave extras no more than 2 please.

- Once all the bags are full, thats enough extras. If you feel you must add extras then simply trade up sticks instead (take Punch RS12 and leave a Cohiba Sublime kind of thing). I dont need extras so much but I think the coolness of turning a box of good smokes into a random box of different cool smokes speaks for itself.

I currently have invites out for this, but I will use sign ups from this thread to find replacements if people decline. This will probably start in about 10 days.

Kidrock387
05-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Could I please get in the pass?

Thanks!!

Addiction
05-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Could I please get in the pass?

Thanks!!

Once the invites are accepted or declined you'l get first shot. I only ask that you be sure you understand what your biting off and that your collection can support this level of pass because if we mix in ELs and REs its another level of game then.

Addiction
05-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Also one important point.

I will offer a prize at the end of this pass. The prize will go to the best passee as determined by me which will include the following considerations:

- Speediness of turning the box around
- What your puts are
- How well you follow all other rules

The prize will be equivalent to at least $150 in value, and could range significantly higher. That should give you sufficient reason to bring it.......

tchariya
05-18-2008, 08:59 PM
I want in!

Kimyounil
05-18-2008, 09:04 PM
The only thing stopping me is my crappy collection.

So I'll just have to put up a really decent premium

5 Cohiba Secretos - 07

we'll be dealing with at least $500 of smokes.

:dr

Wow, if that is considered crappy collection I don't know what you'd call my collection.

Addiction
05-18-2008, 09:32 PM

Wow, if that is considered crappy collection I don't know what you'd call my collection.

If I had my druthers I'd pass 30 ELs and REs, and maybe even my entire set of 1 Davidoff lol. There is a tier of stuff I dont want to pass (Davidoff DFs and Edmundo Dantes, thats it) and then this is the best stuff I have. I mean I have stuff thats worth more but I'm trying to create a mostly cuban focused pass I think.

Addiction
05-18-2008, 09:45 PM

Dont get me wrong, I love the stuff I own. My collection rocks for me. But I'd love to put together a pass of $30 plus cigars.

BamaDoc77
05-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Ive got the goods to be in this.. hit me up with a PM if applicable. :tu

Addiction
05-18-2008, 10:12 PM
Ive got the goods to be in this.. hit me up with a PM if applicable. :tu

You sir should already have one.

Kimyounil
05-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Well Bryan, this is a pass definitely worth watching. Probably see some mind blowing stuff.

Addiction
05-18-2008, 10:18 PM
5 Cohiba Secretos - 07

The two smokes in bold I wouldn't consider high dollar but they are both smoking excellently right now.

jkim05
05-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Looks good, let me know if any space opens up, I might want to play as well.

Addiction
05-18-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm a newb, added some rules to this. I bolded them to make it easy to follow.

- 6 Months in CS with at least 10 trader feedback because at any given time we'll be dealing with at least $500 of smokes.
- Must insure the box for a minimum of $600
- Must provide certified delivery method of your choice.
- Must make sure the cigars are properly cared for.
- Trade value for Value. if you take a $30 stick leave one in that range.
- I am OK if you take NC and put a cuban, I'd prolly be less happy in reverse lol.
- Trade and ship within 1 business day of receipt.
- You can take as many sticks as you want, but you can't take duplicates. You do however have to at a minimum put as many as you take.
- Post your puts and takes.
- The sticks will be in bags with numbered slots, so if you take #30, put the cigar your replacing it with in number #30. I'll include a couple of extra bags but once there are no available slots no more extras. if you simply must leave extras no more than 2 please.
- Once all the bags are full, thats enough extras. If you feel you must add extras then simply trade up sticks instead (take Punch RS12 and leave a Cohiba Sublime kind of thing). I dont need extras so much but I think the coolness of turning a box of good smokes into a random box of different cool smokes speaks for itself.

Addiction
05-18-2008, 11:30 PM
The pass list so far:

1. BamaDoc77
2. Jovenhut
3. MassPhatness
4. Guitarman-S.T-
5. Tedrodgerscpa
6. Jkim05 - tenative
7. Awaiting Response
8. Awaiting Response
9. Awaiting Response
10. Tchariya - tenative

If I don't hear back from people by this time tomorrow I'll open things up to the floor.

BamaDoc77
05-18-2008, 11:59 PM
sweet

MikeyC
05-19-2008, 12:03 AM
I like the idea of your pass. I would ask to join, but two of your pass rules take away some of the excitement for me.

I don't know if it's the same with USPS or UPS, but with FedEx Ground if you insure a package for $500 or more then they require a signature at delivery. A lot of guys get packages at their house while they're at work. So, this requirement may slow up your pass.

I'm a firm believer in trading like value for like value in a pass (i.e. a $10 cigar for a $10 cigar). However, a pass like this one is a good way for people who don't have much experience with CC's to get some to try out. This rule puts a serious limit on what a pass participant can swap if they don't have a lot of CC's.

Any chance you would reconsider on these two rules?

jovenhut
05-19-2008, 12:12 AM
Unless you have reciets the insurance rule is useless. Since this is mostly a CC pass there is no way to recover any of the money. Its in my opinion that all insurance is a waste of money :2

jkim05
05-19-2008, 12:20 AM
Yeah, I agree that insurance is gonna be difficult to claim. Don't know if anyone's ever tried though. I think it would just be better for everyone who participates to take responsibility for a share of the value of the pass that would just be paid to whomever started pass.

As for CC for CC, the recent passes I've been watching have not had this rule, but I support and prefer it. Especially because there aren't many nc's that interest me that would be reasonably similar in monetary value to the cc's I'd probably put and take.

Addiction
05-19-2008, 12:26 AM
Gang,

I'll retract the insurance rule. However at the end of the pass since I'm keeping what's returned I'll keep the like for like rule because every NC I want I already have, I'd actually be very happy not to get any back actually.

I included the 80ths because I know some people didn't get any and I have 85 of them. Same with the Don Carlos 30th, I have more of those than I want and someone will appreciate them more than I. And the White Owls are all Cuban tobacco so they are the same as Cuban. In fact depending on delivery schedules its completely possible I might start the pass with a full box of Cuban sticks.

And unless this pass turns into something completely different than I expect, the prize will most certianly be Cuban in origin. So I'm sorry but the like for like rule stays.

Addiction
05-19-2008, 12:31 AM
......As for CC for CC, the recent passes I've been watching have not had this rule, but I support and prefer it. Especially because there aren't many nc's that interest me that would be reasonably similar in monetary value to the cc's I'd probably put and take.

Exactly J; I mean even if you took Cubans and replaced them with Cammy Sharks thats not going to exactly light my fire personally. At some point I'll be doing a "First Cuban" pass, but this is not that pass.

jovenhut
05-19-2008, 12:35 AM
I am good with the CC for CC, NC for NC rule. Its pretty easy to know what the worth of NC's are but a consistent price on CC is a reach sometimes. Maybe you could give a example of what each is worth to help us in putting in similar value sticks. :tu

Addiction
05-19-2008, 01:00 AM
I am good with the CC for CC, NC for NC rule. Its pretty easy to know what the worth of NC's are but a consistent price on CC is a reach sometimes. Maybe you could give a example of what each is worth to help us in putting in similar value sticks. :tu

Id planned to atach a value to each stick on the put take sheet as well as supply my number so anyone who had any questions on puts and takes could call me about it. I mean all I want is good sticks going out and good sticks coming back.

A perfect example is the QDOs. They cost me $6 each but I'm including them because to date its one of the 10 best cigars I've ever had and I think its criminal not to share them. If you take a QDO and pass me an aged RASS thats an awesome pass to me.

Addiction
05-19-2008, 01:14 AM
If I can get some deliveries by the Tuesday after the holiday then about half the sticks will be $20+, about 10 sticks in the $10-$15 range and 10 sticks in the >$10 range. I'm hoping I can drop in some Cohiba EL 2006, some Sublimes, a Wolters BGM, some Hoya Regalos and a couple of Bolvier Salomoes (sp) to sweeten the deal.

I don't mind seeing a QDO become a RASS, but I'm greatly concerned that an 80th may become a RASS based on behavior I've seen in other passes, hence the value for value rule. And the White Owls are kinda a gimme for your participation because I'm pretty sure very few people have 50+ year old sticks that they want to trade, but I'd like everyone in the pass that wants one to have one.

But this box contains something for everyone and everyone invited should have the tools to participate.

As far as what other people not in the pass may think of your choices who cares. Be honest with yourself when you do puts and takes and I'll live with whatever comes back to me.

And if you really want something and cant cover it? Pick up the phone and call me and we'll work it out.

Addiction
05-19-2008, 01:31 AM
Deleted - Somehow I posted the same thing twice here.

tedrodgerscpa
05-19-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm excited to be passing with you gentlemen again!

And, for those of you new, welcome aboard!

Addiction
05-22-2008, 08:48 AM
For all involved, I'm going to put this on hold for a little while. I just dont think I've got what I want on hand to really do this the way I want to do it. For everyone that was interested I'll reach out to you when I'm closer to ready.

tedrodgerscpa
05-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Take your time...

We all look forward to the pass when the time is right!