NJ Place to smoke [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: NJ Place to smoke

Tazman-cl
10-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Hey all you NJ cigar smokers. Its getter colder out, so if you are searching for a place to enjoy your cigar indoors, relax, and BYOB too; just send an e-mail to [email protected] You can enjoy your cigar and I will be happy to show you our place located on Northern NJ

Tazman

alnpd-cl
10-18-2007, 12:41 AM
Truly an outstanding establishment! Convenient to US 46, 280 & 80! I can personnaly vouch for "The Met". www.metrocigar.com

Hey all you NJ cigar smokers. Its getter colder out, so if you are searching for a place to enjoy your cigar indoors, relax, and BYOB too; just send an e-mail to [email protected] You can enjoy your cigar and I will be happy to show you our place located on Northern NJ

Tazman

BigBuddha76
10-18-2007, 09:05 AM
from what I've heard, there may be a new shop opening in Phillipsburg NJ. There's a big revitalization plan goin on there and hopefully the shop opens soon

BigJack
10-18-2007, 11:10 AM
from what I've heard, there may be a new shop opening in Phillipsburg NJ. There's a big revitalization plan goin on there and hopefully the shop opens soon

I live a few miles away from P'burg. Do you have any more info on this??

mhlatke
10-31-2007, 11:32 PM

I hope this is true - not much going on in Hunterdon county.

TOJE
11-03-2007, 09:11 PM
I live a few miles away from P'burg. Do you have any more info on this??

I do!! :D

Riverside Cigar Shoppe
145 South Main St.
Phillipsburg, NJ 08865

It's not open yet.

scar16
11-18-2007, 01:15 PM
:whoohoo: The Riverside Cigar Shoppe, LLC should be open for limited sales by November 23rd or the 30th. This is an awesome shop. Everything you would expect in a cigar store in a historic town. It has retail in the front, a walk-in humidor and a seating area in the back. They plan on having an after hours membership and humidor locker rentals, which will allow members access during hours when the store is closed. These members will have access to the Lounge, 42" flat screen television, bathroom and kitchen area. There is curbside parking and right across the street are two large municipal parking lots (Maybe a one-to-two minute walk after parking). The shop is located at 145 South Main Street in Phillipsburg, NJ. The phone # is 908 859 2384 but as of 11/18/2007 it does not have an answer machine. Within walking distance is a coffee house, deli, pub and the Historic railroad museum. The Railroad Excursion is also right in the immediate area.

Please stop by and check out this shop. The atmosphere is very inviting and you will be permitted to smoke inside the shop legally. It will be worth the visit, especially during the winter months.

FNA-cl
11-21-2007, 02:05 PM
I visited the metrocigar website.

Gave me the impression that they were unfriendly snobs.

I looked at their application or read about applying or member benefits or something and it didn't change my impression.

roscoe-cl
11-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Sounds like you are the snob......

Roscoe

roscoe-cl
11-24-2007, 09:40 AM
I guess I should elaborate on that. When you walk into The Metropolitan Society you may sit down and share conversation with a doctor, an electrician, a PHD, an alarm guy, a financial planner, a cop, a salesman, a real estate broker, a teacher. White, black, hispanic, asian, etc. Cigars are the bridge that bring people together who otherwise would not have met.

What I'm trying to say is that cigar smoking has no socio-economic boundaries and we certainly do not have them at The Metropolitan Society.

Your knee jerk opinion goes against the grain of any of our members. Maybe before you jump to conclusions on a public forum you should think twice. By the way, are you over the age of 15?

Does this look like a bunch of snobs?

http://imagestore.puff.com/2007/11/24/p_2254428_0.jpg

Roscoe
The Metropolitan Society

Jimmie The Mum
11-24-2007, 11:14 AM
I've been there and they are not snobs. Every place has pros and cons and one might agree all of there rules might not be user friendly but the pros far outweight there cons. If I lived closer, I would join. They have very friendly members.

alnpd-cl
11-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Snobs? Nothing could be further from the truth! Why not pay a visit and see for yourself? I'll be at the Dec. 5th dinner. It will be worth the price of admission!

TOJE
11-24-2007, 10:41 PM
I have been to The Metropolitan Society and it is top notch........thanks again for the invite Rosco!! I'll be back......I was treated like a KING!!

roscoe-cl
11-25-2007, 12:58 PM
And from the looks of his avatar he may be practicing what he preaches......

Roscoe

roscoe-cl
11-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Alex,

Can you post this in a separate thread. I don't have enough posts to qualify for new threads yet.

There are about 5 clips up on Cigar TV at

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1325126962&channel=716129956

Roscoe
The Metropolitan Society
http://www.metrocigar.com

Czechmate
11-28-2007, 12:14 PM
I visited the metrocigar website.

Gave me the impression that they were unfriendly snobs.

I looked at their application or read about applying or member benefits or something and it didn't change my impression.

Nothing could be farther from the truth. Excellent establishment and fine BOTL. Only complaint I have against the Metro Society is that it is too far from where I live.

Jimmie The Mum
11-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Nothing could be farther from the truth. Excellent establishment and fine BOTL. Only complaint I have against the Metro Society is that it is too far from where I live.

Ditto on that statement, which they had one in Central Jersey!!

Tone-NY-cl
11-28-2007, 05:20 PM
My problem is that you are to far away from me to join or I would have taken them up on the initial invite.

I've only heard great things about Metro and Roscoe. Look forward to going to one of their dinners come the Spring.

Jay Hemingway-cl
03-19-2008, 05:47 PM
i have heard nothing but great things about the MET, i can't wait to go there soon.

Tazman-cl
03-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Hi Jay, I read your message. We are having an open house at the Metropolitan Society on Saturday, April 19 from noon to ?. Come see the club, relax, shoot some pool, play cards, and make some new friends.
You can bring friends too. Just PM me a week before with your e mail address and I will send you the directions. If anyone else on this forum wants to attend, I can extend the offer to you too!

George

Jay Hemingway-cl
03-20-2008, 10:32 PM
sounds good, im sure my buddy big rons will be down.

Tazman-cl
03-20-2008, 10:34 PM
sounds great..I look forward to meeting you.

Tazman