What are you reading? / What did you read last? - Page 79 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #781 of 788 Old 02-01-2019, 09:47 AM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_21 View Post
I just finished the 5th and last book of Dean Koontz' Frankenstein series on Audible. Now I'm onto Blood Hunt by Jack Harvey (who is really early Ian Rankin).

All of these books I read a long time ago but, they were good so I figured listening to them would be like a movie adaptation where nothing is left out...oh and there's no visuals.

I'm really likeing Audible though. It's nice to have ot read to me so I can drive or whatever.
I love audible. I go through at least three books a month. It's nice to listen to a book sitting in traffic, cuts down on the rage a bit..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Matt_21 and Alrightdriver like this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 788 Old 02-01-2019, 10:52 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBC03 View Post
I love audible. I go through at least three books a month. It's nice to listen to a book sitting in traffic, cuts down on the rage a bit..

I'm with you on that. As a guy that delivers mail, audible is how I get through my day.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk
Matt_21 and UBC03 like this.
post #783 of 788 Old 02-01-2019, 05:32 PM
No longer a community member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaSmoke View Post
There were 5 books in that series? I bought 3 in a garage sale a few months back and read through them in a few days. Now I need to look for the other 2!
Mind.....blown....
Yeah. GREAT books.
I read somewhere that he wrote the first three abd the Katrina destroyed NO so he didn't feel right about writing the rest right when that happened. He finished it off though.

post #784 of 788 Old 02-01-2019, 05:34 PM
No longer a community member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBC03 View Post

Ive got about 3 credits I havent used yet and maybe 5 books to listen to. My drive to and from work is only 20 minutes and sometimes I put on music instead so I'm falling behind. Sometimes if there's no traffic at work I can squeeze some in here or there though lol
UBC03 and Peapaw like this.
post #785 of 788 Old 04-04-2019, 08:39 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Just picked up a copy of, Wind in the Willows today. Liked the cover.Haven't read it in years, but the pipe smoking creatures and the Toad with the fast motorcar always stick out in my memory.
What are you reading? / What did you read last?-img_20190404_155001_1554420866214.jpg
jmt8706 likes this.

"Tobacco is my favorite vegetable." - Frank Zappa
post #786 of 788 Old 04-05-2019, 01:12 PM
Full grown Puffer Fish

I love audible also, listen every day. I love almost everything that Brandon Sanderson writes. If you listen to fantasy/ science fiction you need to give him a chance. Start with the mistborn series, fast paced. The Stormlight chronicles is my favorite, but starts a little slow as there are so many story lines.

Another good author is Johnathan Stroud. Love the lockwood and co. books, a light read with tongue in cheek quips.
post #787 of 788 Old 07-23-2019, 07:51 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Been hung up on Poirot stories of late.
Good clean fun, well as good and clean as a murder mystery can be. No gratuitous sex or other "shocking" lifestyle trends.

Love the way Agatha Christie delves into the human psychology.
jmt8706 likes this.

I don't know what I don't know.
post #788 of 788 Old Today, 05:34 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Loaded a book on the kindle about the WW2 Dam Busters. Should be a good read.

"Kerosene is fuel Brian, Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull." ~ Peter Griffin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
read, reading

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page