Bad Kitty - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 29 Old 02-24-2013, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Maturing Puffer Fish

Re: Bad Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
I always remove my cello for all my smokes. Even the ones in boxes, then store them as per usual. Once they've been resting in various containers, I always find that the foot scent is never as it was just after I received them. Flavor on the other hand is never effected.
Now I will admit that some of my boxes smell better than others. My wineadore scent is bland, and my 20gal. tupperadore smells great.
I use only KL and every storage compartment is equipped with a very generous amount of spanish cedar.

Originally Posted by Herf N Turf
Rule number one, never believe a sales rep (unless his name is Andy, or Ian).

The litter will absorb odors and then redistribute them as it delivers evaporative moisture. Also not good.

This is what happened.^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 Old 02-24-2013, 05:35 AM
24 hr's ain't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsandspades View Post
Originally Posted by Herf N Turf
Rule number one, never believe a sales rep (unless his name is Andy, or Ian).

The litter will absorb odors and then redistribute them as it delivers evaporative moisture. Also not good.

This is what happened.^
I don't understand why you quoted me, then Don's and ultimately insist by commenting such as you did
what are you trying to suggest?

it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln
post #13 of 29 Old 02-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Disinterested

Quote:
Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
I don't understand why you quoted me, then Don's and ultimately insist by commenting such as you did
what are you trying to suggest?
My guess is -nothing- Jack. More'n likely, did what I've done a thousand times; quote the wrong post, LOL.

post #14 of 29 Old 02-24-2013, 05:30 PM
24 hr's ain't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herf N Turf View Post
My guess is -nothing- Jack. More'n likely, did what I've done a thousand times; quote the wrong post, LOL.
Thanks Don.

it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln
post #15 of 29 Old 02-25-2013, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpegler View Post
I'm not aware of any media transferring flavor, and even horrible infused sticks rarely effect other cigars. RH is much more likely your culprit. Overhumidified cigars get a distinct sour flavor, is that what you're experiencing?
I think its definitely the redistribution of flavor, every stick smells the same and carries that plasticy silica taste.. maybe its part RH but it's RH with a flavor from the crystals .. bc the crystals smell the same as the sticks do...
@splattttttt i wasn't trying to be a dick, i was just reiterating why it smells the way it does.. and yes the sticks (foot) never seem to smell as good as they do from the store.
post #16 of 29 Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 AM
24 hr's ain't enough

No worries Korey.
My comment wasn't implying any such notions at all... Just left me confused, that's all. All's good here.

Do you store your cigars in their cello?

post #17 of 29 Old 02-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Disinterested

Korey, confusing Jack is not necessarily a difficult task. But, he's our Jack and we love him all the same
post #18 of 29 Old 02-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Puffer. Patriot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsandspades View Post
So.. i've been using the silica kitty litter and it worked for a bit, and then just started to make all of my cigars smell the same and have a weird taste.. stressed and have cut down on my smoking a lot. I removed the cartridge from the cigar oasis and just run the fan from it.. and somehow the humidity has remained a constant 65-68 for the past week with no humidification device.. it's gotten better (i think), but i can still taste/smell it on some... help!?1?
Can you tell me how long it took you to have this happen? Are we talking months or years?

Reason I'm asking is I have a coolidor with KL and Boveda packs...Just wondering if i should remove the KL.

:welcome: Are you a Puff noob :gaga: or veteran :usa2:? Join the Noobie Sampler Trade!
post #19 of 29 Old 02-26-2013, 02:23 PM
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpegler View Post
I'm not aware of any media transferring flavor, and even horrible infused sticks rarely effect other cigars. RH is much more likely your culprit. Overhumidified cigars get a distinct sour flavor, is that what you're experiencing?
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Dear Lord Thank you for your protection and your many signs along the way. Thank you for any good that I may have done, I'm so sorry about the bad."- Eli
post #20 of 29 Old 02-26-2013, 04:30 PM
24 hr's ain't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herf N Turf View Post
Korey, confusing Jack is not necessarily a difficult task. But, he's our Jack and we love him all the same
you know me like a brother lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page