Winador question - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 01-14-2016, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Maturing Puffer Fish

Winador question

Hey fellas!

So ive got an eye on a 30 bottle limit wine cooler.
To transform it into a wineador, do i need a fan in there to circulate the air? Any ideas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 01-14-2016, 11:42 AM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunktoad View Post
Hey fellas!

So ive got an eye on a 30 bottle limit wine cooler.
To transform it into a wineador, do i need a fan in there to circulate the air? Any ideas
A fan will certainly help to keep the rh consistent throughout the winedor. There are a plethora of threads here that deal with all of the specifics. Is the model you're looking at thermoelectric or does it have a condenser?
post #3 of 28 Old 01-14-2016, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachdread View Post
A fan will certainly help to keep the rh consistent throughout the winedor. There are a plethora of threads here that deal with all of the specifics. Is the model you're looking at thermoelectric or does it have a condenser?
Hmm good question. Its on a classified site. Ill have to look into it.

post #4 of 28 Old 01-14-2016, 02:01 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

fans will defiantly help with air circulation to help keep a consistent RH. with its size i would guess its a compressor unit. even if it is a compressor you can still use it as long as you dont plug it in and run the compressor. so if you dont have problems with temperature and can get a good deal on it go with it!

Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman— or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle. - George Burns :smoke2:
post #5 of 28 Old 01-14-2016, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by demuths1770 View Post
fans will defiantly help with air circulation to help keep a consistent RH. with its size i would guess its a compressor unit. even if it is a compressor you can still use it as long as you dont plug it in and run the compressor. so if you dont have problems with temperature and can get a good deal on it go with it!
I do need it for temp control as my living arrangement at this tine is not air conditionned. So this summer i need my sticks in a controled environent..

Do the newair units they have on amazon any good for my situation? Ones with cedar trays and whole kit ?!?
post #6 of 28 Old 01-14-2016, 02:26 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunktoad View Post
I do need it for temp control as my living arrangement at this tine is not air conditionned. So this summer i need my sticks in a controled environent..

Do the newair units they have on amazon any good for my situation? Ones with cedar trays and whole kit ?!?
newair actually makes wineadors with the drawers and shelves

NewAir CC-280E - Cigar Cooler

http://www.walmart.com/ip/48891818?w...913154&veh=sem

all you will need is your humidity media some hygrometers and maybe some fans for circulation!

Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman— or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle. - George Burns :smoke2:
post #7 of 28 Old 01-14-2016, 02:36 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

I have a Newair 280E and am very happy with it. Very quiet, comes with 4 shelves and 2 drawers and with a 9x13 tray of KL, maintains Rh of 62-63% like a champ with a temp of 65F
Check Air n water and wayfair- sometimes you can get them for a steal.
drunktoad likes this.
post #8 of 28 Old 01-21-2016, 08:11 AM
Maturing Puffer Fish

I have been looking at the Whynter winador on Amazon. I have already filled my 100 ct desk humi and bought some Tupperware. I do like this setup for my office.
http://www.amazon.com/Whynter-CHC-251S-Stainless-Cooler-Humidor/dp/B00KO90H6Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453378082&sr=8-1&keywords=winador
post #9 of 28 Old 01-21-2016, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB6255 View Post
I have been looking at the Whynter winador on Amazon. I have already filled my 100 ct desk humi and bought some Tupperware. I do like this setup for my office.
Amazon.com: Whynter CHC-251S Stainless Steel Cigar Cooler Humidor, 2.5 Cubic Feet: Appliances
Thats a nice one! 700$ canadian for me. Might have o get the smaller version but im scared my stock has outgrown it already... Which isn't so bad hehe 😎😎
TonyB6255 likes this.
post #10 of 28 Old 01-21-2016, 08:19 AM
Maturing Puffer Fish

[QUOTE=drunktoad;3793402]Thats a nice one! 700$ canadian for me. Might have o get the smaller version but im scared my stock has outgrown it already... Which isn't so bad hehe 😎😎[/QUOTE

I was originally looking at the smaller one but quickly realized I would outgrow it way too quick!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page