Wineador Already - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 48 Old 02-01-2016, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Noob Ready To Learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
Just one?

What's your plan for after the Presidents Day Sales?
haha just one for now yes haha. You must not be a car guy, have no idea how hard the mod/buy bug bites, I wouldn't be surprised if I wound up with a fully custom walk in humidor within a few years hahah. And yes I am crazy
drunktoad likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 48 Old 02-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

You will love the Newair cc280e- I have one and it has been easy to maintain Rh so far- about 2 lbs of Exquisicat KL from Petsmart as others have said.
One thing I would suggest is to get at least 3 drawers if you are like me and get many fivers to try out. Then you can remove one of the shelves and should have enough room for your boxes. I just ordered an extra drawer from Forrest and dividers for all the other drawers as well.
Also, you might as well budget for another Winedor as I bet you will have this one full in no time- I have had mine since December and it is almost full.
JDom58, drunktoad and TonyB6255 like this.

Never argue with an idiot because, first they will drag you down to their level and then, beat you with their experience!!
post #13 of 48 Old 02-02-2016, 10:41 AM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Any silica fragrance free KL is what you want. The only Exquisicat I could find locally was very small sand like grains, which I did not want. Ended up buying MiMi's at WalMart for $4 for a 5# bag. Put it in your wineador without adding any distiller water and after a few hours see what your hygrometer reads. Usually it will be around 60%. Give it 5 sprays from a cheap spray bottle filled with distiller water, close it up and check the Rh again in a few hours. If it raised to 63% and you are targeting 65rh, give it 4 more sprays and see where it's at in a few hours. When you have it at your desired Rh, load it with your cigars and you are well on your way. It won't take long to get everything dialed in and you will have a good idea when and how much DW to add when it needs attention.

Also, you really can't use too much KL, beads, or Bovedas. They are all 2 way, which means they will not only release moisture but also absorb excess. I use a large N'finity 170 bottle wine cooler and have 10# of KL placed in various levels. It is solid as a rock and recovers quickly after opening the door. Hope this helps.
drunktoad likes this.

post #14 of 48 Old 02-02-2016, 11:32 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

the reason you are probably having issues with your current humidor is its lack of sticks. a seasoned humidor works its best when it is usually 75% or more full. the issue is the excess space in the humidor. as with a humidor purchase your gonna wanna go bigger than you think you are gonna need especially with a wine cooler that is going to be easy to maintain. if your looking at buying one that holds 400 cigars keep in mind you already have close to 100. that leaves room for 300ish which if you break it down thats buying 20 cigars a month and in a year it will be full (thees numbers dont include what you smoke but even bump it to 30 sticks a month smoking 10 a month and it still reasonable to fill up in a year or under) Also for a small wineador in the 400 count range you could still use boveda. for 200-250 cigars you need 2-3 packs so 4-6 packs would still be cheap for a small wine cooler especially if you bought a cube of boveda and used more than needed. i personally would want more drawers as i don't store in boxes so i would probably buy a scratch an dent unit and just get the drawers built to my needs
MichiganSRT8 likes this.

Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman— or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle. - George Burns :smoke2:
post #15 of 48 Old 02-02-2016, 12:53 PM
One of the a-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganSRT8 View Post
You must not be a car guy, have no idea how hard the mod/buy bug bites.
Oh, I share your scars, Brother, and respect your path.
VW MKVI, Autobahn, euro switch, debadged, Nightshaded lenses, euro console, b/u camera, Panzer skid plate, sigma 6 short shifter, M20 laser jammer and lots of vag.com tweeks. All self installed except for the APR flash.
I'm fortunate to live where for three seasons my basement doesn't get higher than 67 and in the winter the kitchen pantry doesn't get above 65 or I'd be putting some winedor salesman's kid thru college.
selpo, drunktoad and MichiganSRT8 like this.

Blue Lives Matter
post #16 of 48 Old 02-02-2016, 02:15 PM
Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganSRT8 View Post
haha just one for now yes haha. You must not be a car guy, have no idea how hard the mod/buy bug bites, I wouldn't be surprised if I wound up with a fully custom walk in humidor within a few years hahah. And yes I am crazy
I am not into "modding cars at all" My race cars over the years...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nitro.png
Views:	57
Size:	403.5 KB
ID:	61761  

Name:	burnout new digger.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	61769  

Name:	DSC_0001-001.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	935.7 KB
ID:	61777  

Attached Images

Dual-500, JDom58, Rondo and 3 others like this.
post #17 of 48 Old 02-02-2016, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Noob Ready To Learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB6255 View Post
I am not into "modding cars at all" My race cars over the years...
Very nice! Good to find another more car guys, coming from Detroit to Utah very out of my element offroad haha. Not to derail the three but power plants were in each one of those?
post #18 of 48 Old 02-02-2016, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Noob Ready To Learn

Its a brutal cycle, Im about to jump into rebuilding my SRT8 and wanted to get my big cigar purchases out of the way before I even turned a bolt cause its gunna get out of hand quick haha. Love the MKVI's btw, sounds like you've got yours set up to the 9's. During nights in "mexico" I've watched VW's walk quite a number of cars that weren't expecting them to be fast, there was and older one we use to roll with, look completely stock but ran 10's in the quarter, I love the sleepers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
Oh, I share your scars, Brother, and respect your path.
VW MKVI, Autobahn, euro switch, debadged, Nightshaded lenses, euro console, b/u camera, Panzer skid plate, sigma 6 short shifter, M20 laser jammer and lots of vag.com tweeks. All self installed except for the APR flash.
I'm fortunate to live where for three seasons my basement doesn't get higher than 67 and in the winter the kitchen pantry doesn't get above 65 or I'd be putting some winedor salesman's kid thru college.
post #19 of 48 Old 02-02-2016, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Noob Ready To Learn

This is a great point, I'm probably only 1/2 to 3/4 full right now. Thanks to cigar bid that will change here very soon haha, but still yeah I might want to build up a bit more in the meantime so I can actually make use of the space in the wineador. Im just starting but buying a few boxes and more 5 packs to get my taste down so I think it happen quick but we'll see how the pocketbook feels about that haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demuths1770 View Post
the reason you are probably having issues with your current humidor is its lack of sticks. a seasoned humidor works its best when it is usually 75% or more full. the issue is the excess space in the humidor. as with a humidor purchase your gonna wanna go bigger than you think you are gonna need especially with a wine cooler that is going to be easy to maintain. if your looking at buying one that holds 400 cigars keep in mind you already have close to 100. that leaves room for 300ish which if you break it down thats buying 20 cigars a month and in a year it will be full (thees numbers dont include what you smoke but even bump it to 30 sticks a month smoking 10 a month and it still reasonable to fill up in a year or under) Also for a small wineador in the 400 count range you could still use boveda. for 200-250 cigars you need 2-3 packs so 4-6 packs would still be cheap for a small wine cooler especially if you bought a cube of boveda and used more than needed. i personally would want more drawers as i don't store in boxes so i would probably buy a scratch an dent unit and just get the drawers built to my needs
post #20 of 48 Old 02-18-2016, 03:50 PM
Newbie in the ocean

So I have been lurking here for a little while and my new NewAir AW-280E will be arriving today. Do I need to seal to drain hole on the bottom? I do have some beads in my small cooler now but am going to give the cat litter a try. Thanks for all of the helpful posts....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
newair, seasoning, utah, wineador

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page