Drymistat tube 70% - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 6Likes
  • 4 Post By UBC03
  • 2 Post By Yukoner

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 01-13-2018, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Drymistat tube 70%

Hello all, I recently (week ago) set my Drymistat tube horizontally in the humidor. Prior to that I had the common sponge vent humidifier. The humidifier was actually keeping my humidor at 72%. I was happy. Now I thought I should switch to the tubes because of mold problems with the vented style. My humidor after sitting for 3 days untouched is at 56% with the tube. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-13-2018, 01:52 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatz View Post
Hello all, I recently (week ago) set my Drymistat tube horizontally in the humidor. Prior to that I had the common sponge vent humidifier. The humidifier was actually keeping my humidor at 72%. I was happy. Now I thought I should switch to the tubes because of mold problems with the vented style. My humidor after sitting for 3 days untouched is at 56% with the tube. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Was the box seasoned, what's the rh in the room, have you had issues with the box before?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #3 of 8 Old 01-13-2018, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Yes. THe humidor was seasoned properly. To be honest I am not certain what the room RH is. No problems prior to setting the Drymistat tube in. Vented humidifier was actually working better.

post #4 of 8 Old 01-13-2018, 02:15 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatz View Post
Yes. THe humidor was seasoned properly. To be honest I am not certain what the room RH is. No problems prior to setting the Drymistat tube in. Vented humidifier was actually working better.
Ditch it..spend a couple bucks on 72% boveda packs. Should keep the box around 69%. Plus there's no wasted space you can just lay em on the smokes.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Cigary, Kidvegas, toshort and 1 others like this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #5 of 8 Old 01-21-2018, 11:20 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

I have had NO LUCK EVER with these crystal / gel humidification mediums. Either I'm too stupid to use them properly (very possible ! lol), or they're just not that great.

If you like the idea of the vented plastic tubes, go with Heartfelt Beads and plastic tubes. Here's my personal favourite for smaller cigar boxes: Humidor Humidity Beads, Heartfelt Humidity Beads

@UBC03 is absolutely correct however, Boveda packs will also work well for you. They unfortunately don't work well for me because I have larger cabinet humidors, and the ambient RH in my home goes down to <20% in the wintertime (I think it's at about 24% right now), so the Bovedas can't keep up. I also personally really like the bead tubes (and the act of charging them with DW), but again, that's just me. Bovedas work great and they're an excellent product. You can't go wrong with them.
Kidvegas and disco_potato like this.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-22-2018, 01:32 PM
Full grown Puffer Fish

How big is your humidor? I think i used 2 of those tubes for my 50ct since one is only rated for 25. Ended up adding a xikar bar humidifier to help it along.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
post #7 of 8 Old 02-01-2018, 06:06 PM
Young Fish

I replaced mine with beads from Cigar Oasis.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180201_140556_1517522772472.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	591.3 KB
ID:	181713  

post #8 of 8 Old 02-01-2018, 08:59 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

It's already been said, but I would definitely go Boveda all the way. I was fooling around with all sorts of humidifiers and it was such a headache! I mean it was AWFUL. I felt like I needed to check daily to ensure my RH was where it needed to be. With boveda you can be worry free and trust me it's amazing. I also store my cigars differently than before and that helps as well, but the boveda are key without a doubt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page