Lighter carry on - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 4Likes
  • 3 Post By GOT14U
  • 1 Post By Ranger0282

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-06-2019, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Lighter carry on

So i just got the thunderbird dual flame combo from cigars daily, my question is do you think this would be able to be carried on a flight? I know zippos and bic lighters are but not torches so since its dual im not sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-07-2019, 12:54 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

grab a bic and call it good...if they take it, your out $2.00

I never understood trying to take a nice lighter on a airplane trip.....some of us act like they don't sell lighters where ever we are landing....most countries have lighters...probably even in a Venezuelan airport there will be a lighter. and if not you can resort to some toilet paper and 2 widdled down pieces of pencil lead...just like we did in LA county........morel of my story...if there is a while there is a way...lmao

This is NOT a message board where you come to leave your matzah balls hanging out and then walk around with an entitled attitude. Cigary 2018
post #3 of 6 Old 03-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbaldwin944 View Post
So i just got the thunderbird dual flame combo from cigars daily, my question is do you think this would be able to be carried on a flight? I know zippos and bic lighters are but not torches so since its dual im not sure.

I used to travel 3 weeks out of the month with my previous employer and I too, liked to have a proper lighter with me. For a while, I packed Bics which I hate to use to light a cigar. When I was traveling to familiar place with a lounge, I would just plan to purchase a cigar and smoke my own, using the lighter at the establishment.

Either way, it's still nice to have your own torch because the breeze from a fart will blow out a Bic and when your trying to light a 50RG or bigger stick, it's maddening so you end up puffing away and overheating it.

I believe it was Rondo who posted about his Soto torch. It's a torch housing that uses a script disposable lighter of a certain type, which can be purchased at many places. If I was checking a bag, I would put the empty torch housing in my toiletry bag and carry the disposable lighter in my backpack on the plane. If I was not checking a bag, I would keep the Soto Torch (empty) in two pieces in two different pockets of my backpack and the lighter in my pants pocket. Lighter would get thrown in the bowl when I emptied my pockets.

I was never questioned about any of these items through at least 25 different airports around the country. There is no guarantee using my method because you could always encounter a gung ho TSA agent who's pissed because he can't get into the police academy.

https://www.rei.com/product/148567/s...llable-lighter

Hunt Hard, Kill Swiftly, Waste Nothing, Offer No Apologies...

post #4 of 6 Old 03-07-2019, 11:33 AM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT14U View Post
grab a bic and call it good...if they take it, your out $2.00

you can resort to some toilet paper and 2 widdled down pieces of pencil lead...just like we did in LA county........morel of my story...if there is a while there is a way...lmao

SOMEONE also has had to resort to the primal way to make fire...... Kuddos.. you also need an electrical outlet but I also assumed that was obvious....
GOT14U likes this.

Though I Be The Lone Survivor
post #5 of 6 Old 03-07-2019, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Thanks guys. Im going to florida for 2 weeks so i wanted to try my new lighter. Just curious since it looks like a zippo.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-07-2019, 12:15 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

One note about the SOTO, I travelled with that a bunch too and have not had problems. I always assumed I could find the right sized disposable for it, but for whatever reason Iíve always found that part difficult. So perhaps if you go jay route, stock up on the right kind of disposable. I purchased a 10 pack for pretty cheap from amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GO BLUE!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page