I'm Building a Tuppidor - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 155Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old 07-21-2019, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Currently I have a couple acrylic jars for my humidors. They house my DE Upper shelf sticks, and my C&A 2nds. I have about 15-20 more sticks being delivered this week. I ordered a nice tupperware container used by a top youtube cigar reviewer, also some spanish cedar veneer sheets on the way. Should be a fun project. I will add more when the stuff arrives. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/images/smilies/dance.gif[/IMG]

"Kerosene is fuel Brian, Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull." ~ Peter Griffin

Last edited by jmt8706; 07-21-2019 at 09:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 07-21-2019, 08:38 AM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt8706 View Post
Currently I have a couple acrylic jars for my humidors. They house my DE Upper shelf sticks, and my C&A 2nds. I have about 15-20 more sticks being delivered this week. I ordered a nice tupperware container used by a top youtube cigar reviewer, also some cedar veneer sheets on the way. Should be a fun project. I will add more when the stuff arrives.
Cedar or SPANISH CEDAR? There's a BIG difference.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
OneStrangeOne likes this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #3 of 37 Old 07-21-2019, 08:51 AM
Director of Sarcasm

Location: I live in two different states....Confusion and Disoriented.

Tupperware can be bought at a lot of different places....Walmart carries a 2.5 gallon size for $10...holds quite a bit of cigars....200 at least. You can use boxes to hold them inside the tupperware that are made of cedar. One doesn't have to go crazy setting up a Tupperador....fairly simple and using Bovedas is one of the best medias along with KL. Be careful following "Top U Tube" reviewers.....some of them are just ordinary folks who got their info from Cigar Forum regular hobbyists. All you need to do is keep things simple...don't get carried away and spend more money than you need to....tons of threads on here that keep things simple for you to learn from otherwise you will end up spending more money on things that some try to tell you have to do.....total investment for a Tupperador is literally $15.....$20 if you include the Hygro.
Rondo and kacey like this.

Busting balls since 1954.
My Indian Name...Lives For Cigars

post #4 of 37 Old 07-21-2019, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBC03 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt8706 View Post
Currently I have a couple acrylic jars for my humidors. They house my DE Upper shelf sticks, and my C&A 2nds. I have about 15-20 more sticks being delivered this week. I ordered a nice tupperware container used by a top youtube cigar reviewer, also some cedar veneer sheets on the way. Should be a fun project. I will add more when the stuff arrives. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/images/smilies/dance.gif[/IMG]
Cedar or SPANISH CEDAR? There's a BIG difference.

Spanish cedar. My mind goes wonky after a 12 hour night shift. 😄

"Kerosene is fuel Brian, Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull." ~ Peter Griffin
post #5 of 37 Old 07-21-2019, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
Tupperware can be bought at a lot of different places....Walmart carries a 2.5 gallon size for $10...holds quite a bit of cigars....200 at least. You can use boxes to hold them inside the tupperware that are made of cedar. One doesn't have to go crazy setting up a Tupperador....fairly simple and using Bovedas is one of the best medias along with KL. Be careful following "Top U Tube" reviewers.....some of them are just ordinary folks who got their info from Cigar Forum regular hobbyists. All you need to do is keep things simple...don't get carried away and spend more money than you need to....tons of threads on here that keep things simple for you to learn from otherwise you will end up spending more money on things that some try to tell you have to do.....total investment for a Tupperador is literally $15.....$20 if you include the Hygro.
I'm only about $20 into this project for the container and the Spanish cedar veneer. I already have the Boveda's and a good hygro. Probably won't be able to do much more until Wednesday. Thanks for the tips.
Cigary and mpomario like this.

post #6 of 37 Old 07-21-2019, 11:59 AM
Just monkeyin' around!

I don't understand the phrasing (though you're not the first to put it this way). What is there to "build"? Ya' get a plastic tupper and ya' throw your cigars in with a Boveda. Done. If you're adding Spanish cedar maybe you'll season for a couple of days first. Then done.

BTW, thin SC is okay for the smell, but doesn't do much else. Thick solid SC, like good humidors are made from or the the trays many of us use in our tuppers, acts as a buffer helping to maintain stable RH.

It's presumed that SC became the traditional material for humidors and cigar boxes because of its resistance to rotting in humid conditions and availability in cigar producing regions. We've come to associate the scent with cigars, but that's an extraneous benefit, not its primary function. And though some will tell you it has something to do with keeping bugs away, that's BS - it does nothing to deter or prevent cigar beetles and wood mites. IOW. veneer is fine if all you want ti the smell, but if you want it to really do its job you'll need more substantial pieces.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
post #7 of 37 Old 07-21-2019, 01:56 PM
One of the a-holes

Donít be frightened or intimidated by these old guys. Their bark is loud. Beware the cane.
Read lots here for great info.
YouTube is okay for some stuff, especially
reviews and advice by smokin giovanni are the most accurate. Heís kind of a guru for the industry.

Blue Lives Matter
post #8 of 37 Old 07-21-2019, 02:08 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post

reviews and advice by smokin giovanni are the most accurate. Heís kind of a guru for the industry.
I'm gonna kick you in your testicular region.. if he shows up again ,I BLAME YOU.. lol

Now I'm gonna go have a swisher.. they're excellent ever since I've put Cohiba bands on em

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #9 of 37 Old 07-21-2019, 02:29 PM
Retired Chaos Designer

Quote:
Donít be frightened or intimidated by these old guys. Their bark is loud. Beware the cane.
Turning loose insider info like that! You should be ashamed of yourself

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
post #10 of 37 Old 07-21-2019, 03:06 PM
Director of Sarcasm

Location: I live in two different states....Confusion and Disoriented.

Quote:
Don’t be frightened or intimidated by these old guys. Their bark is loud. Beware the cane.
reviews and advice by smokin giovanni are the most accurate. He’s kind of a guru for the industry.
Inside jokes running amok in here.....as Jack said before I was going to....use the KISS plan with tupperware...the less you overthink things the better or you'll drive yourself crazy and you haven't even gone down the "How do I deal with a humidor seasoning and high RH/Temps " road yet. Take some time to really read threads on here....SEARCH the topics you have an interest in and by all means stay focused on the answers until you understand them in totality. Lots of people will stop reading the answers and then rush into "fixing" things and find out that they didn't read enough or far enough ahead ......there is literally every answer to any question that has come along in the last 20 years.

Free advice here....even though Rondo made me almost defecate my pants with the Smokin Giovanni reference....between that bozo or a few others that claim to be Gurus ....same for a couple of women who have their own Utube channels that dress like they are part time dock hustlers and know everything about cigars and some scattered Reviewers who make a living taking Payola from Manufacturers and then review those cigars as to how wonderful they are....it's best to take a grain of salt with them. We have Salty ole Veterans who run rings around all of them in contrast to what those people think they know....our Guys have forgotten more info than these "so called Reviewers" have remembered.

Busting balls since 1954.
My Indian Name...Lives For Cigars

Last edited by Cigary; 07-21-2019 at 09:56 PM. Reason: make things clearer...hopefully
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page