New Air CC300 and boveda - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Olecharlie

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-29-2019, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Full grown Puffer Fish

New Air CC300 and boveda

Does anyone use boveda to humidify their new air cc300 or whynther 250. I believe they are almost identical units in size. If so how many of the 320 gram packs would you suggest should be used?

I am buying a new cc300 and want to use boveda to get away from beads or any other medium that needs to be watered every so often. Also what’s the best way to season it first: throw in more packs or just bite the bullet and wait until the same amount get it to correct humidity?

Thanks in advance

Smoke what you like - Like what you smoke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-29-2019, 03:12 PM
Young Puffer Fish

To season you should still wait the 2 weeks boveda says. I would go with a lower humidity like 65% since they are airtight unlike a wooden humidor. And i have one on each shelf just so they dont have to work as hard and so far so good.
post #3 of 8 Old 09-29-2019, 04:41 PM
The Great Green One

I have whatever model Wyhnter that holds 400 cigars. I use 3x 320gram 65% in them. Probably only need 2 of them. Over the course of six months the packs are still like their new the day I opened them up. I'm done using Boveda Butlers though. Just a pain to use at the moment.

post #4 of 8 Old 09-29-2019, 05:51 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbaldwin944 View Post
To season you should still wait the 2 weeks boveda says. I would go with a lower humidity like 65% since they are airtight unlike a wooden humidor. And i have one on each shelf just so they dont have to work as hard and so far so good.
^^ Have to agree with this. Just be patient and let the unit acclimate. Also, throw in some SC while you're seasoning it, it'll help get rid of the plastic smell, and the SC will also get acclimated before you introduce your cigars.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-29-2019, 06:30 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

I seasoned my 251s for two weeks with DW and then put in 2, 60 gram packs in each drawer. 65% Bovedas...been good for two years. Get a couple of good digital Hygrometers to view on the outside of the drawers.
Kidvegas likes this.

US Army Veteran 1974-1985
post #6 of 8 Old 09-30-2019, 09:11 AM
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby-cr View Post
I have whatever model Wyhnter that holds 400 cigars. I use 3x 320gram 65% in them. Probably only need 2 of them. Over the course of six months the packs are still like their new the day I opened them up. I'm done using Boveda Butlers though. Just a pain to use at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olecharlie View Post
I seasoned my 251s for two weeks with DW and then put in 2, 60 gram packs in each drawer. 65% Bovedas...been good for two years. Get a couple of good digital Hygrometers to view on the outside of the drawers.
+1 hate the butler, now use Caliber IV hygro.

I have 2x 320gram on the top shelf and one at the bottom, and then I have 2x 60gram per shelf (10 in total since I have the 400cc)
post #7 of 8 Old 09-30-2019, 10:25 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

I have the Whynter 251S with 3 extra drawers. To season it I removed the drawers and remaining tray and placed them in several oversized 5 mil ziplock type bags with 69% Boveda packs for around 3 ½ weeks. I cleaned the inside of the unit with a mixture of baking soda and water wiping it down and let it dry for a few days. Then wiped it down again to remove the dried baking soda. Plastic smell gone! Turned it on with several 65% Bovedas. Once the tray and drawers read a constant 68% I added them to the Whynter 251S and let it sit for another week with the 65% Bovedas 2 per drawer. Then started adding my cigars. I would guess I have around the capacity with 2 Boveda 65% pouches per drawer now for around a year. Only had to recharge 3 of the packs so far! Super easy to maintain. I use several digital hydrometers and a Boveda Butler ( do have to recalibrate then every 3 to 4 months tho!!
post #8 of 8 Old 09-30-2019, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Full grown Puffer Fish

Thank you all for the advice

Smoke what you like - Like what you smoke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page