You boys like Mexico?!?! - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 78Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 Old 08-18-2019, 12:16 PM
Just monkeyin' around!

 
curmudgeonista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 7,513
           
If ya'll think someone's value to the Puff community is measured in how many free cigars they send out, and cool that a banned ex-member is using cigar bombs to troll the forum, it's a pretty sad statement on what Puff has become.
bpegler, WABOOM, UBC03 and 4 others like this.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
curmudgeonista is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 21 Old 08-18-2019, 12:33 PM
No longer a community member.
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,721
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeonista View Post
If ya'll think someone's value to the Puff community is measured in how many free cigars they send out, and cool that a banned ex-member is using cigar bombs to troll the forum, it's a pretty sad statement on what Puff has become.
I don't say much around here but, I'll say this and it's not meant as disrespect.
You're completely wrong. People didn't like Tyson because he sent free cigars. People like Tyson (still) because he's a solid dude. A good friend to lots here. Above and beyond this hobby of cigars. He takes time from his day to chat, to engage and care about the people and friendships he's made here. Giving away some cigars in the process was just icing on the cake.
People don't think its cool he got banned. People would like to see him still around. Not everyone maybe but lots.
And as for the bombs he's sending out, you see it as trolling...if these guys hadn't posted them on here, they still would have been sent and accepted. He's not doing it to troll, he's doing it because that's what he does. He's a generous guy trying to keep in touch with friends he made here.
That's how I see it at least.
Matt_21 is offline  
post #13 of 21 Old 08-18-2019, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Alpha Puffer Fish
 
Rabidawise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 1,825
          
Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeonista View Post
If ya'll think someone's value to the Puff community is measured in how many free cigars they send out, and cool that a banned ex-member is using cigar bombs to troll the forum, it's a pretty sad statement on what Puff has become.


I agree with @Matt_21 Jack. It has nothing to do with trolling. We all hated how everything with the MAW went down, and what it resulted in. Hell, if it weren’t for this forum, I never would have met him, and many others that I consider real friends now. So no, it is not a said statement on what “Puff has become”. But thanks for dropping in with your comment!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late" - JB
Rabidawise is offline  
 
post #14 of 21 Old 08-18-2019, 12:39 PM
No longer a community member.
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,721
           
Sorry sh*t went sideways in your bomb thread Brian. I just felt I had to respond.
Matt_21 is offline  
post #15 of 21 Old 08-18-2019, 01:05 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader
 
Deuce Da Masta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Posts: 4,558
           
Just because hes no longer a member doesnt mean we should refrain from sharing something like this if we feel like it. Hell I feel its gonna get to the point we cant post is name any more. A lot of people on this forum know TY still..... hes gonna cross paths with some of us because were on tons of other social mediums.
Matt_21 and msmith1986 like this.

FEAR THE BEAR
Deuce Da Masta is offline  
post #16 of 21 Old 08-18-2019, 01:14 PM
HUHHH??
 
kacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,756
        
Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeonista View Post
If ya'll think someone's value to the Puff community is measured in how many free cigars they send out, and cool that a banned ex-member is using cigar bombs to troll the forum, it's a pretty sad statement on what Puff has become.
I believe that what you wrote says more about you Jack than anyone else. @TexaSmoke is a friend of mine and I believe Tyson is friend to many of the people he has bombed. So of course we are going to post thank you to a friend.
The fact that you felt the need to come and say something like you did says to me that you have issues either with the decision or the person.


Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues." -- Abraham Lincoln
kacey is offline  
post #17 of 21 Old 08-18-2019, 01:14 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader
 
Kidvegas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 5,091
           
I think you guys are taking Jack's words the wrong way. Yes he can be direct and sometimes a bit overbearing but it's all for us! When somebody is Banned that's final. There's been a few Brothers that I've been close to in the past who've been banned and it SUCKS when it happens but, it does happen. Now when the same banned member sends cigars out to his pals is a great gesture and a true sense of friendship but, posting those bombs and mentioning that banned person kinda takes away from the Banning don't ya think?

Either way it's 12:00 here in CT and I'm 4 beers in on What's gonna wind up being a long day in the sun lol.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if a Banned member sends ya something it might be better to keep that between you and him. Show's that were all respecting the rules and trying to keep this place rolling. Now back to my suds and sun!



Sent from The Cauldron Of Insanity

ANYTIME IS STOGIE TIME!
Kidvegas is offline  
post #18 of 21 Old 08-18-2019, 01:37 PM
S&W
Puffer Fish with many spikes
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Central North Carolina
Posts: 808
          
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidvegas View Post
I think you guys are taking Jack's words the wrong way. Yes he can be direct and sometimes a bit overbearing but it's all for us! When somebody is Banned that's final. There's been a few Brothers that I've been close to in the past who've been banned and it SUCKS when it happens but, it does happen. Now when the same banned member sends cigars out to his pals is a great gesture and a true sense of friendship but, posting those bombs and mentioning that banned person kinda takes away from the Banning don't ya think?

Either way it's 12:00 here in CT and I'm 4 beers in on What's gonna wind up being a long day in the sun lol.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if a Banned member sends ya something it might be better to keep that between you and him. Show's that were all respecting the rules and trying to keep this place rolling. Now back to my suds and sun!
Those are some wise words. Well said sir. Cheers!
S&W is offline  
post #19 of 21 Old 08-18-2019, 02:08 PM
CAT WRANGLER

 
UBC03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Weirton
Posts: 14,791
           
If yunz guys really don't think this is his way of getting a dig in and stirring it up, then yunz really didn't know Tyson very well..

he was and STILL is a friend of mine. If the dude came up here, I'd let him crash at my house, smoke my cigars and drink my whiskey. But he never disrespected my home. However he did disrespect the forum and he won't be allowed back in this house.

Rule 6 says you cannot relay messages from banned members. If you don't think this is relaying a "message" you're wrong..

I put up with alot of crap. I have everyone's back until they put me in an indefensible situation. Then I'm forced to vote to drop them from the forum. How many posts have I deleted to CYA, how many "he's being mean to me" PMs have I settled, how many times have I argued to give a guy another chance because "he really didn't mean it like that"?

It's crap like this that's starting to make me think that I've been wrong. Should I take the rules as a end all be all and not look at the personal side of things. Would it of been better if I voted to ban Tyson months ago when he when this started, instead defending him for being passionate about his point, which read by another person would of been construed as extremely disrespectful ?

We don't release PMs , we don't discuss the actual goings on when someone gets banned. If we did ,a different tune would be sung. The things people(not just Tyson) think they can say to mods in PM is craziness. Then their buddies hear the story just from them, because we keep things private. We do that to protect the person that's gone. No one wants the venom they spit in a exit tirade to be posted in open forum. That's no way to go out.

As far as Tyson. As I've said before he's a friend, I consider him a stand up guy. He thought he was right, took it TOO far, made it personal, now he's gone. He didn't martyr himself for the sake of the forum, he got pissed said a bunch of stuff in the heat of the moment, wouldn't step it back, and decided he'd rather be banned than make it right.

So in conclusion in this [email protected] post.

1) Tyson won't be coming back
2) Tyson IS delivering a message in this post
3) defend him all you want, he was wrong. I know him and I bet when he cooled down he realized he pushed a little farther than he would of in a calmer state of mind.
4) in total disclosure, he sent back the gurkha of shame along with a great selection and a pleasant, heart felt note. Which is another reason I considered and will continue to consider him a friend and stand up guy, who had a bad day said some crap to a few people that he knew would get him booted.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
UBC03 is online now  
post #20 of 21 Old 08-18-2019, 06:34 PM
HUHHH??
 
kacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,756
        
Quote:
Originally Posted by UBC03 View Post
If yunz guys really don't think this is his way of getting a dig in and stirring it up, then yunz really didn't know Tyson very well..

he was and STILL is a friend of mine. If the dude came up here, I'd let him crash at my house, smoke my cigars and drink my whiskey. But he never disrespected my home. However he did disrespect the forum and he won't be allowed back in this house.

Rule 6 says you cannot relay messages from banned members. If you don't think this is relaying a "message" you're wrong..

I put up with alot of crap. I have everyone's back until they put me in an indefensible situation. Then I'm forced to vote to drop them from the forum. How many posts have I deleted to CYA, how many "he's being mean to me" PMs have I settled, how many times have I argued to give a guy another chance because "he really didn't mean it like that"?

It's crap like this that's starting to make me think that I've been wrong. Should I take the rules as a end all be all and not look at the personal side of things. Would it of been better if I voted to ban Tyson months ago when he when this started, instead defending him for being passionate about his point, which read by another person would of been construed as extremely disrespectful ?

We don't release PMs , we don't discuss the actual goings on when someone gets banned. If we did ,a different tune would be sung. The things people(not just Tyson) think they can say to mods in PM is craziness. Then their buddies hear the story just from them, because we keep things private. We do that to protect the person that's gone. No one wants the venom they spit in a exit tirade to be posted in open forum. That's no way to go out.

As far as Tyson. As I've said before he's a friend, I consider him a stand up guy. He thought he was right, took it TOO far, made it personal, now he's gone. He didn't martyr himself for the sake of the forum, he got pissed said a bunch of stuff in the heat of the moment, wouldn't step it back, and decided he'd rather be banned than make it right.

So in conclusion in this [email protected] post.

1) Tyson won't be coming back
2) Tyson IS delivering a message in this post
3) defend him all you want, he was wrong. I know him and I bet when he cooled down he realized he pushed a little farther than he would of in a calmer state of mind.
4) in total disclosure, he sent back the gurkha of shame along with a great selection and a pleasant, heart felt note. Which is another reason I considered and will continue to consider him a friend and stand up guy, who had a bad day said some crap to a few people that he knew would get him booted.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Dino
I was unaware of rule 6.
I will not mention it again.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
UBC03, Kidvegas, S&W and 1 others like this.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues." -- Abraham Lincoln
kacey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome