The boxes from Kacey's Rolling PIF Pass
are venturing out into their own threads.
I received the original Lonsdale box and half of the second Kinko box. There were no takers on Lonsdale 2, so with Kacey's approval, I combined Lonsdale and Kinko into one, aptly titled Kinksdale 1.
A few special sticks will be winging their way back to Kacey as a thank-you for his efforts. The rest of them have been turned into the new and exciting …
KINKSDALE $100 BOX PASS
Here's the dealio:
- Kinksdale contains approximately $100 worth of cigars.
- The value of the box should remain the same throughout the pass. (See notes on valuing the cigars below.)
- The number of sticks will vary.
Each participant should take as many cigars as they wish and replace them with any number of cigars as long as they equal the same approximate TOTAL dollar value.
For example, Kinksdale currently contains 18 cigars, many of which are inexpensive. If Miss Fancysmokes wants to try out some budget sticks, she can grab a bunch of them that total about $30 and replace them with a single Padron 1926 80 Years or something. If Mr. Cheapogar wants something nice for a special occasion, he can grab that pricey Padron and replace it with several awesome budget smokes totaling about $30.
- If you're new to this, please read the general rules for passes and such
. Please have at least 30 days membership and 30 posts if you want to participate.
- Please do your picks and puts and get the box out to the next participant within a week. Please pack it up nicely and send it in some reasonably expedient manner that involves a tracking number. You know the deal.
- When you send the box out, please include a sheet telling your recipient what you are sending and what the values of the puts and the remainder are - that will save them a lot of work. I'll email my little valuation spreadsheet to whoever takes Kinksdale 1, and he/she can edit it and send it along with Kinksdale 2.
- Please post pictures (Yay for pictures) and let us know when boxes are received and have gone out.
- There is no limit to how many times someone can participate. As long as other people who want turns are getting them in between, then it's all good.
- Please don't be cute and undervalue your cigars so you inflate the box price for the next participant. The value of the box should always stay around $100. Now, if you want to bomb your recipient with some extra goodies, feel free (not like I could stop you anyway), but please make it clear that those items are separate.
- Any size, shape, or type is welcome! (I mean the cigars, but hey, the same rule applies for the participants too.)
Ending the Pass:
Kacey intended the Rolling PIF pass to go on indefinitely, so I'm not putting any date or participant number limit on the Kinksdale $100 Box Pass. If it keeps on rolling forever, great. If there isn't enough interest to sustain it and you're really sick of waiting for someone to ask for the box, just post that you're ending the pass and send the box off to Kacey to complete the circle *
Notes on Valuing Cigars:
Use your own discretion, but to keep us on the same page: the value should be based on what one might normally pay for a single
, not on the awesome bargain price you actually paid per stick when you bought a box or something.
I based my values on the following and invite you to do the same, but use whatever pricing model you think makes sense and is more or less in the same ballpark.:
- For most of the cigars, I used the "single" price on Famous Smoke. (They usually have a listed price for a single even if they don't sell it as a single.)
- For the budget sticks you can get on cbid for $10 per fiver any day of the week, I used $3.00 because any "single" price on those would be complete baloney.
- I knocked the price down a bit on a couple that are constantly on sale just because it seemed to make sense on those two.
If you want to play, speak up!
Please let me know if there are any issues or suggestions or whatever.
I'll post the deets on Kinksdale 1 in the next post
* Of course Kacey may play as a regular participant as well!