• 5 Post By Unk
  • 1 Post By Unk
  • 2 Post By Losingawholeyear

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 02-27-2019, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
Unk
Newbie in the ocean

Homemade Humidors

I would love to see what other craftsman are building to keep their cigars cozy. Attached are two pictures of the same closet. One side is for cigars, the other for wine. Constructed completely of Spanish Cedar aside from the floor. I keep her around 67/67. It has been in operation for 9-10 months so far. Temp is controlled by a homemade peltier unit and humidifier is homemade from a 5 gallon bucket. I also have a HEPA filter that runs for 30 minutes every 3 hours so hopefully I will never have any mold issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190114_152123_1551241423118.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	240108  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180924_170546_1551241440180.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	988.2 KB
ID:	240110  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-27-2019, 02:08 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

That is a great setup man! Well stocked also! Someday I hope to build one with my Dad....you gave me inspiration!

Sent from my part of hell!

This is NOT a message board where you come to leave your matzah balls hanging out and then walk around with an entitled attitude. Cigary 2018
post #3 of 10 Old 02-27-2019, 08:18 AM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Nice set up you have.

Could you give some more details on your temp control?

post #4 of 10 Old 02-27-2019, 09:04 AM

I am curious as well @ForMud. Would love to understand more on the temp control. What are you using to control the peltier @Unk?

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I am not too sure?
post #5 of 10 Old 02-27-2019, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Unk
Newbie in the ocean

The temperature is managed by a controller I purchased off Amazon, I believe Inkbird brand. I set the temp range I want it to maintain, the power supply for my cooler plugs into the Inkbird and the Inkbird plugs into the wall. Very simple. Mine only does one function. You have to set it to either cool or heat mode. I dont have to worry about the closet getting too cold and dont need a heating function.

I built the peltier system myself so I'm not sure about what options are available on the market for those. I can go into further detail on the system if anyone is curious.
ForMud likes this.
post #6 of 10 Old 02-27-2019, 09:42 PM
Doh!

looks awesome

Can I get some plume please? Need some plume over here
post #7 of 10 Old 02-27-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk View Post
The temperature is managed by a controller I purchased off Amazon, I believe Inkbird brand. I set the temp range I want it to maintain, the power supply for my cooler plugs into the Inkbird and the Inkbird plugs into the wall. Very simple. Mine only does one function. You have to set it to either cool or heat mode. I dont have to worry about the closet getting too cold and dont need a heating function.

I built the peltier system myself so I'm not sure about what options are available on the market for those. I can go into further detail on the system if anyone is curious.

I would love to hear more and even see some pics as well. I am an electronics nerd and love making things from scratch. I am a maintenance tech for a living and specialize in electronics on the machinery. Made a data logger for a whole line of equipment at work. PLC controlled and tied into the machines to keep unit and cycle counts

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I am not too sure?
post #8 of 10 Old 02-27-2019, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Unk
Newbie in the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanzaVerde View Post
I would love to hear more and even see some pics as well. I am an electronics nerd and love making things from scratch. I am a maintenance tech for a living and specialize in electronics on the machinery. Made a data logger for a whole line of equipment at work. PLC controlled and tied into the machines to keep unit and cycle counts
Similar background myself. It is fairly basic stuff but I will take a couple photos and give some details when I get the chance.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-28-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk View Post

Defiantly interested.
post #10 of 10 Old 03-14-2019, 11:21 PM
Newbie in the ocean

Converted a closet under the staircase, glass door. Used shoe racks since they were much cheaper than buying cedar shelves. Homemade Humidors-20190314_182011_1552616418884.jpg
PanzaVerde and jmt8706 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page