Bugs on A 160 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-13-2007, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

Bugs on A 160

I found and set apart this Partagas 160 from the other cigars....look at, it gross and scary. I checked the others and they look fine and are not in the humi where the 160 was.

I now hate the 160's.....the first one I had was plugged and this one had bugs...sorry but for a $27 cigar, this stuff should never happen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P4120503.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	10404  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-13-2007, 08:39 AM

Damn thats a pisser...You may want to consider freezing your sticks for a few days to ensure they dont colonize...
post #3 of 7 Old 04-13-2007, 10:00 AM

Exactly why every stick brought into my house is frozen and then put into a quarentine cooler for at least 60 days before going into the general population. It's easy and has no effects that I have found on the cigars. Most of your larger (e-tailers) already do this, but I prefer to do it myself. Just in case.

post #4 of 7 Old 04-13-2007, 11:52 AM

I think this is an important picture. Guys, if you see your cigars like this, go into lockdown mode and get them out of your humidor immediately!
post #5 of 7 Old 04-13-2007, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisguinther View Post
I think this is an important picture. Guys, if you see your cigars like this, go into lockdown mode and get them out of your humidor immediately!
Thats what I did......I am now looking for more bags to put my prized smokes in cause I cant afford to loose these suckers

DD......I will, freeze these bastids.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Elder Berry

Sergione, man that is really a crap situation man. Ya know, I've seen plenty of pics of damage from those buggers but never the actual bugs (that was one on the left, no?). I just recently did a stick-check of my stash and was happy to find no evidence once again. But I am a bit paranoid about finding those suckers when you see a stick like a Partagas 160 with holes in it and critters coming out... The freeze lockdown is the only way... Anyone here messed with freeze-dryers?

CD

I SMOKE cigars.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Wow that really suck arse! And to have this happen to a super premium stick makes it even worse.

Just curious...what temp and humidity is your humidor? From the research I've done, it seems these little critters have a tendency to come out when the temperature in the humidor gets high. I know that's not always why, but definitely something to check out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
160, bugs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page