Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

Puff Cigar Discussion Forums (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/)
-   Cigar PIF's & MAW's (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-pif-s-maw-s/)
-   -   Noobie Sampler Trade (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-pif-s-maw-s/181193-noobie-sampler-trade.html)

Cigar Noob 06-16-2012 12:56 AM

Noobie Sampler Trade

.......:smoke2:Newbie Sampler Trade (NST):smoke2:

Eligibility Requirements

New Puffer (aka: NP) – NPs are new members with less than 3 months active participation on the board that have Private Messaging privileges (granted after 5 days, 10 posts)
-Members can participate ONCE as a New Puffer.
-NPs are encouraged to participate as Friendly Trading Puffers after they been a member for more than 3 months.

Friendly Trading Puffer (aka: FTP)- Established members with more than 3 months active participation on the board.

What is the Newbie Sampler Trade?

1.) Simply put, Establisted members (FTPs) offer to exchange a sampler of cigars with New Puffers (NPs).
2) The NP sends his/her package first to establish their status as a good faith participant on this board. This is to ensure that someone doesn’t register for the simple purpose of ‘mooching’ cigars from the established members of this board. The NP should also give the FTP an idea of cigars that they enjoy. NPs should keep the value of their package to no more than $50 (minimum of 5 cigars, max of 8.)
3) FTPs then send cigars worth a little more than what they receive. NP’s are treated well in these trades. It should also be noted that newbie trades are NOT the appropriate place to send your “dog rockets” or cigars you would like to dispose of – from either end.
4.) It is also not the intention of this thread to see who can send the biggest or best package. Let’s keep it fun and reasonable.
5.) Participants are encouraged to post pictures of the cigars they receive so that the NP gets credit for their effort, and the FTP is held accountable for sending quality cigars.
6) This is intended to be a one-sided trade. NPs should not try to “win”. Please stick to the quantity and price guidelines.
7) Reminder to all participants: These trades are watched by the population of the forum at large.

The Rules

- Members post their desire to participate in the NST, either as an NP or FTP.
- After being placed on the list, the NP will contact the FTP on the list (the one matching their number) to initiate a trade. ( If the New Puffers do not make contact with their trading partner within 3 day of signing up, they will be removed from the list and will have to sign up again in order to participate.)
- The NP will post in this thread that they’ve contacted the FTP.
- The next NP will contact the next FTP down the list and so on.
- The NST Admin. will update the list and status of the trades on a regular basis.

The Process

1) The NP packages and sends their cigars (be sure your package includes your return address)
2) NP posts that the package is en route (preferably with a DC/Tracking Number)
3) Upon receipt of the package, the FTP acknowledges receipt (preferably with a picture)
4) FTP leaves trader feedback for the NP.
5) The FTP will post that the return package is en route (preferably with a DC/Tracking Number).
6) Upon receipt of the package, the NP will acknowledge receipt (preferably with a picture).
7) NP leaves trader feedback for the FTP.
8.) Finally, the Newbie and FTP relax in the comfort of a well completed trade... and enjoy their cigars!

Cigar Noob 06-16-2012 01:05 AM

Re: Noobie Sampler Trade

Completed

Underway
Michigan_Moose + johnb
Danfish98 + Naduals
Rocker06 + Kruz
Packerjh + jheiliger
Kapathy + jaysalti
bazookajoe8 + BaconStrips
Cigar Noob + SystemError
ouirknotamuzd + sleepyguy5757

Friendly Trading Puffers

1. skfr518
2. ten08
3. lostdog13
4. the_brain

New Puffers

1. dmeguy
2. jobes2007
3. upandcoming
4. meatcake

-- Above this line you're active. PM your corresponding number to get started. --

FTP in waiting

NP in waiting

lostdog13 06-16-2012 05:25 AM

Subscribed. Thank you for continuing to this wonderful trading activity for the community Jonathan.

jaysalti 06-16-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostdog13 (Post 3599059)
Subscribed. Thank you for continuing to this wonderful trading activity for the community Jonathan.

Thank you, Jonathan!

atllogix 06-16-2012 10:42 AM

Thanks Johnathan, as a noob I really appreciate it!

atllogix 06-16-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_brain

Originally Posted by atllogix

I'm ready to see this...has the time away increased the strength, or will the jetlag have an effect on the next one.

Brain: if you have to ask, then it proves you a noob... Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war

Pinky: Narf, BOOM!!! Save his soul... Jonathan we want him too...
I can't be had anymore! :sorry:

upandcoming 06-16-2012 03:55 PM

So are the dog and i to pm? I can't start a pm on my phone only reply to them so if were supposed to pm can you message me dog?

BaconStrips 06-16-2012 04:03 PM

I got Bazooka Joe's package today. All I can say is that i am shocked! Seriously...Really Joe!? You basically sent me everything that was on my wish list and some smokes i love. You really wanted to fry up some bacon...you deffinatley acheived that. I cant stop looking at them all like...seriously...he really sent me all these??!!! Well Joe, my humidors are both stuffed full as i await the seasoning to finish on my new cabinet humidor, its a good thing i got that yesterday too other wise Id be screwed. I cant say thank you enough...and Joe...I got my eye on you...this means war.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68273[/ATTACH]

Packerjh 06-16-2012 04:16 PM

Very nice...subscribing to the new thread

kapathy 06-16-2012 04:41 PM

im a bad ftp..... way late getting my end out..... ill send justin a pm just posting here to say i havent forgot.

jaysalti 06-16-2012 05:48 PM

Bad kitty! Lol

No worries, Kevin. Appreciate the heads up, but I wasn't concerned.

Cigar Noob 06-16-2012 07:07 PM

Got my package from System Error. Was a little concerned when I heard the cigars loosely bouncing around in there but damage was minimal.

- Oliva G
- H upmann vintage cameroon
-RyJ reserva real
- 2 unbanded sticks.

(will put a pic up later, and will post DC once his package is ready to go out)

ouirknotamuzd 06-16-2012 09:52 PM

Jonathan....I know I can't speak for the rest of my fellow FTP's and all the Noobs, but I think you have done an outstanding job as keeper of this thread....not many people have the patience and good humor to put up with us maniacs, but you're really good at it, so thank you for what you do for the NST.

I know...it's a little mushy for me, but you deserve to know that what you do is appreciated.

Dhughes12 06-16-2012 09:59 PM

ok. i'd like to get in. how do i join?

Cigar Noob 06-16-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ouirknotamuzd (Post 3599398)
Jonathan....I know I can't speak for the rest of my fellow FTP's and all the Noobs, but I think you have done an outstanding job as keeper of this thread....not many people have the patience and good humor to put up with us maniacs, but you're really good at it, so thank you for what you do for the NST.

I know...it's a little mushy for me, but you deserve to know that what you do is appreciated.

I always appreciate hearing this even though I feel that the FTPs are what keep this thing moving along, not I. Without exceedingly generous guys like yourself (and the countless others that have been FTPs throughout the course of this threads history) there is no thread for me to update. This was a great experience for me as a NP, and I want all NPs that follow to have just as good of an experience and an incredibly welcoming experience to this great forum. This trade thread and forum have been around for a while and will continue to do so based on the great members. I'm thankful that the participants and the MODs have allowed me to update this thread.

Enough with the mushy stuff Pete.... Let's eff up some noobs!

Kruz 06-17-2012 01:26 AM

In for the new thread!

MontyTheMooch 06-17-2012 01:33 AM

Subscribed. :) this should be fun.

lostdog13 06-17-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upandcoming (Post 3599222)
So are the dog and i to pm? I can't start a pm on my phone only reply to them so if were supposed to pm can you message me dog?

NP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ouirknotamuzd (Post 3599398)

+1 You make the Narwhal proud Jonathan, and we all greatly appreciate all that you do.

meatcake 06-17-2012 02:09 PM

I have contacted my FTP, awaiting his address so I can send out my noobie sampler!

dmeguy 06-17-2012 03:56 PM

I am packaging up my end of the trade today to go out first thing tomorrow, tracking numbers to follow :rockon:

Naduals 06-17-2012 04:56 PM

4 Attachment(s)
OK, so I am late in posting the results. Sorry about that. Dan sent me some awesomeness in my return smokes. Some from my higher and lower side of wish list and a few that I hadn't known about too. And seriously, 2007 and 2009 date stamps. Thank you sir. I am sure I will enjoy them immensely.

Attachment 38801 Attachment 38802

MontyTheMooch 06-17-2012 04:59 PM

I posted subscribed, but failed to mention my interest in participating. Match me up with an FTP please. :) I have shipping boxes ready!

hardcz 06-17-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MontyTheMooch (Post 3599769)
I posted subscribed, but failed to mention my interest in participating. Match me up with an FTP please. :) I have shipping boxes ready!

I'll cover Monty's trade if you'll have me.

*edit*

Kind of already messaged him.....

packing up my noobie sampler for him...

http://imagestore.puff.com/2012/06/17/p_3600053_0.jpg

ouirknotamuzd 06-18-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardcz (Post 3600053)
I'll cover Monty's trade if you'll have me.

you called first dibs, Dan, so Monty's all yours.

hardcz 06-18-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ouirknotamuzd (Post 3600063)
you called first dibs, Dan, so Monty's all yours.

bwahahahahahahahaaaaa

and you're one of the only ones who knows why I laugh.

upandcoming 06-18-2012 01:06 AM

Ill be sending mine within a day or two! Keep a look out for the tracking pic!

Dhughes12 06-18-2012 01:15 AM

Any ftps want to take me up?

Cigar Noob 06-18-2012 02:45 AM

Completed
bazookajoe8 + BaconStrips
Danfish98 + Naduals

Underway
Michigan_Moose + johnb
Rocker06 + Kruz
Packerjh + jheiliger
Kapathy + jaysalti
Cigar Noob + SystemError
the_brain + meatcake
skfr518 + dmeguy

Friendly Trading Puffers

1. ten08
2. lostdog13
3. hardcz

New Puffers

1. jobes2007
2. upandcoming
3. MontyTheMooch

-- Above this line you're active. PM your corresponding number to get started. --

FTP in waiting

NP in waiting
Dhughes12

abhoe 06-18-2012 04:50 AM

I'll play. Sign me on as a FTP.

jheiliger 06-18-2012 12:43 PM

Talked to Packerjh (Jason) on Friday, and he has received my end of the trade, but was rushing out of town for a wedding!

He'll get some picks up and post his return either today or tomorrow... If he can still type from that explosion!

Joe

Packerjh 06-18-2012 12:56 PM

Dude yer killing me...I can't wait to get home and see what's left of my kitchen...

Yours should be shipping out tomorrow morning...

the_brain 06-18-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jheiliger (Post 3600350)
Talked to Packerjh (Jason) on Friday, and he has received my end of the trade, but was rushing out of town for a wedding!

He'll get some picks up and post his return either today or tomorrow... If he can still type from that explosion!

Joe

Brain: He's been hit by some heavy hitters, I think he will survive...

jheiliger 06-18-2012 01:05 PM

Just think... full body/full flavor! hehehe! mmmmmm..... yummy!

jobes2007 06-18-2012 05:16 PM

Sent out to ten08 today! DC: 0312 0090 0001 4063 5464

MontyTheMooch 06-18-2012 05:20 PM

Mine is in the wind as of today on it's way to hardcz (Dan)

94055036993000484158XX

meatcake 06-18-2012 06:44 PM

Cigars are on the way to the brain. USPS tracking number: 03120090000172331587

dmeguy 06-18-2012 07:02 PM

Sent out a package to Skfr518 today! USPS 9405503699300048508871

Cigar Noob 06-18-2012 10:25 PM

Completed

Underway
Michigan_Moose + johnb
Rocker06 + Kruz
Packerjh + jheiliger
Kapathy + jaysalti
Cigar Noob + SystemError
the_brain + meatcake
skfr518 + dmeguy
ten08 + jobes2007
hardcz + MontyTheMooch

Friendly Trading Puffers

1. lostdog13
2. abhoe

New Puffers

1. upandcoming
2. Dhughes12

FTP in waiting

NP in waiting

Packerjh 06-19-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jheiliger (Post 3600363)
Just think... full body/full flavor! hehehe! mmmmmm..... yummy!

Joe was like Babe Ruth in this one...He called his shot!

http://imagestore.puff.com/2012/06/19/p_3601028_0.jpg

Take a gander at all that goodness...Padron 1964 anny, Serie V, Tatuaje Cojonu 2003 (new to me!!!), Red Dot, and Capoira (New to me!!!)...I've got some serious smoking to do, and all but one are ready to burn!!

I'm going fishing tomorrow after I swing by the USPS to send off his return package...I just need to decide which of these to take along...I'm thinking Serie V and Capoira to accompany the PSD#4 that I didn't get to smoke on Father's Day...YUMMY!

upandcoming 06-19-2012 02:52 AM

Shipping tomorrow lostdog! Had to help a friend move today and UPS closed but itll be comin!