Intro: One foot in the gutter & One in the grave. - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 08-05-2019, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Intro: One foot in the gutter & One in the grave.

Name: s1n3 n0m1n3 - Latin: sine nomine = English: no name

New to the forum, but not new to the habit. I have been a 2 pack a day smoker and a 3-4 sticks a day puffer for the better part of 30+ years. ( l’m sure that puts me at the top of most people’s “deadpool” list )

As most people tend to do I have become comfortable in my smoking habits and kind of lost the passion for trying new smokes. I have kept my humidor stocked with Arturo Fuente, Padron, Hoyo de Monterrey, and Cohiba (Cuban and Non-Cuban) for much of the past 30 years with only the occasional addition of random sticks......that was until a few years back a friend gifted me a box of Diesel Unholy Cocktail and the passion was sparked once more. I have had tons of sticks thrown at me over the years, but none ever really struck me as “new”. They all seemed to be trying to imitate the flavors of the big boys like Cohiba,AF, Padron; et al., and as usual; the imitations all fell short. But this new concoction, though not outstanding in it’s delivery, gave me an exhilarating taste of something truly “new”.
This new found flame has driven me down an interesting road of exploration where I have come to enjoy the idea of trying a new stick more than relying on my old standbys. Even though I keep a solid base of the old “go to’s”, I now find myself frequenting shops and asking for “something different”. This road of exploration hasn’t been paved in gold, as I’ve definitely had my share of stinkers, but I now keep a few more odds and ends in my humidor and I’m always on the lookout for a new gem to add to the crown.

Though I tend to be more of a reader than a writer; I look forward to participating on this forum in the future.

Thanks for looking,
s1n3

Other passions: Coffee, Guns, Drums, Panerai watches, but not necessarily in that order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Life is like a sh!t sandwich....the more bread you have; the less sh!t you gotta eat." -My Father
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 08-05-2019, 01:42 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

Welcome.... let's see

Coffee... there's a thread for that.

Guns... there's a thread for that.

Drums..well I know we have some musicians, I think a drummer or 2.

Panerai watches... there's a watch thread too.

I think you'll fit right in, maybe even find a new passion in razors and shaving brushes.
Cossie likes this.

Sent form somewhere on the road
post #3 of 20 Old 08-05-2019, 02:04 AM
No longer a community member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1n3 n0m1n3 View Post

New to the forum, but not new to the habit. I have been a 2 pack a day smoker and a 3-4 sticks a day puffer for the better part of 30+ years. ( l’m sure that puts me at the top of most people’s “deadpool” list )

As most people tend to do I have become comfortable in my smoking habits and kind of lost the passion for trying new smokes. I have kept my humidor stocked with Arturo Fuente, Padron, Hoyo de Monterrey, and Cohiba (Cuban and Non-Cuban) for much of the past 30 years with only the occasional addition of random sticks......that was until a few years back a friend gifted me a box of Diesel Unholy Cocktail and the passion was sparked once more. I have had tons of sticks thrown at me over the years, but none ever really struck me as “new”. They all seemed to be trying to imitate the flavors of the big boys like Cohiba,AF, Padron; et al., and as usual; the imitations all fell short. But this new concoction, though not outstanding in it’s delivery, gave me an exhilarating taste of something truly “new”.
This new found flame has driven me down an interesting road of exploration where I have come to enjoy the idea of trying a new stick more than relying on my old standbys. Even though I keep a solid base of the old “go to’s”, I now find myself frequenting shops and asking for “something different”. This road of exploration hasn’t been paved in gold, as I’ve definitely had my share of stinkers, but I now keep a few more odds and ends in my humidor and I’m always on the lookout for a new gem to add to the crown.

Though I tend to be more of a reader than a writer; I look forward to participating on this forum in the future.

Thanks for looking,
s1n3

Other passions: Coffee, Guns, Drums, Panerai watches, but not necessarily in that order.

Welcome, and it seems you have found the right place to be for cigars, as well as your other interests!

Getting into habits isn't uncommon, and I'm sure many of us have gone through the same experience; I know I have. If it's been a while since you've tried new cigars, the last 5ish years have seen some amazing new blends come out from some smaller boutique companies that are really worth trying. Many of the RoMa Craft offerings are simply outstanding, BLTC makes top-notch sticks, as well as Viaje, Warped, and some others. Even larger brand names have had to compete, and released quality new blends; My Father, Oliva, Plasencia...

Swing by the Newbie Sampler Trade thread, and you'll no doubt get to try some, if you're so inclined.

Either way, welcome!

post #4 of 20 Old 08-05-2019, 03:10 AM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1n3 n0m1n3 View Post

Thanks for looking,
s1n3

Welcome aboard from a former road dog with a respect for martial hardware. Great introduction. You'll find some great stuff on here

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

The goal is perpetual motion....go diagonal Freddy...go diagonal
post #5 of 20 Old 08-05-2019, 05:34 AM
CAT WRANGLER

Welcome

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #6 of 20 Old 08-05-2019, 06:16 AM
One of the a-holes

Welcome to the place your mother told you never to go.

Blue Lives Matter
post #7 of 20 Old 08-05-2019, 06:49 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Welcome bro...

Sent from The Cauldron Of Insanity

ANYTIME IS STOGIE TIME!
post #8 of 20 Old 08-05-2019, 06:49 AM
Retired Chaos Designer

Welcome from Texas!

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
post #9 of 20 Old 08-05-2019, 07:37 AM
S&W
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Welcome from NC
post #10 of 20 Old 08-05-2019, 09:18 AM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Welcome to the forum! Over here in Indiana, we also like cigars, coffee, and guns. We've got some drummers around, too. I don't know too many people who're into fine watches, but I'm always willing to learn! (I wear an Apple Watches myself, mostly for the activity tracking--we professors can be a bit sedentary if we don't watch out.)

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” --J.R.R. Tolkien
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page