A question about humidification beads and cigar dryness - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 Old 12-11-2019, 12:40 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

A question about humidification beads and cigar dryness

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGringo View Post
So you have a NewAir Wineador. Is it the 250 or 400 stick, and how many cigars do you currently have in it?

Also, what steps did you take to season it. The more info you can give everyone, the better a chance of getting an accurate diagnoses and hopefully a remedy.

Just throw a couple bowls of distilled water in and shut it for a couple weeks. Of course take your stogies out while ya season. After a couple weeks check your Rh. Should be high 80ís. At that point remove the Dw and replace with your beads. Close again till your numbers get to were ya want them. Then your set to go! Load up and enjoy.

Those beads should stay good for a long time without having to recharge. As long as your seasoned properly.

Sent from the place that warmth has forgotten!
Barry12321 likes this.

ANYTIME IS STOGIE TIME!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 12-11-2019, 01:22 PM
Just monkeyin' around!

I think the root of your "problem" is relying on the Humidimeter. Based on reviews, they appear to be inconsistent from one unit to the next. Some say theirs is spot-on, but many reviewers indicate the reading is significantly lower than expected.

I also question whether accepted correct environmental RH necessarily means the cigars' internal RH will, or even should, exactly match it. You've expressed that your cigars feel dry to you, yet made no indication of how they smoke. Could it be that your assessment of what feels dry is distorted by the feel of over-humidified cigars as received from online vendors or so often encountered in LCS humidors?

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
post #13 of 13 Old 12-11-2019, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeonista View Post
I think the root of your "problem" is relying on the Humidimeter. Based on reviews, they appear to be inconsistent from one unit to the next. Some say theirs is spot-on, but many reviewers indicate the reading is significantly lower than expected.

I also question whether accepted correct environmental RH necessarily means the cigars' internal RH will, or even should, exactly match it. You've expressed that your cigars feel dry to you, yet made no indication of how they smoke. Could it be that your assessment of what feels dry is distorted by the feel of over-humidified cigars as received from online vendors or so often encountered in LCS humidors?
You get a load of help here this is great! It is very possible that what you asked could be the case! The cigars when you get them always smell like tobacco and sometimes smoke them when you get them they get like pillows in your mouth and the burn is wonky! Let them dry a bit they don’t smell as much the burn is better. The cigar in question burned well not a problem, but was a change in flavor and the smoke didn’t seems as creamy, I lack ways to describe what can be sensed! After thinking about your question it is very well possible that I have been normalized to a higher humidity in the sticks! I will continue with the course I am on and do more testing!! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page