My local cigar shop just doesn't have! - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 08-30-2018, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Young Fish

My local cigar shop just doesn't have!

Ok, as I have posted a few times I am new to the cigar world. Have been enjoying it! But, dang! there are so many! As a person who has never smoked. Cant' stand chewing. Can't stand cigarettes. But, pipe smoke and cigars smell good. I have been enjoying the mild cigars. Connecticut's and a few Havana's have been great! Well, my local shop is limited. Cigars they carry and promote. Like 708 cigars seems most on here haven't heard of them. I did like the sweet tip . Romeo Y Julieta they just got in and I enjoyed that. Nat Sherman is a good smoke but, I've only tried the Connecticut. Rocky Patel 1999 was a pleasure. But, reading posts on here I hear so many other names that I don't see at my local shop! So, can someone steer me in a good direction on how I can experience other brands?
Pag#11 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 08-30-2018, 08:28 PM
No longer a community member.

Cigarpage.com
Smallbatchcigar.com
JohnnyFlake, UBC03 and Pag#11 like this.
post #3 of 21 Old 08-30-2018, 08:31 PM
Retired Chaos Designer

Here ya go,
https://www.smallbatchcigar.com/
https://store.cigarfederation.com/
https://www.cigarpage.com/
JohnnyFlake, UBC03, GOT14U and 1 others like this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)

post #4 of 21 Old 08-30-2018, 08:32 PM
Cheap and Cheerful

Online vendors will be your friend. If your leary about buying and having them shipped, give @ElCigarShop.com a call after you visit his website. He'll gladly navigate you through a purchase. He's one of our vendors on PUFF, and has a great history of transactions with the PUFF crew. Not to mention, you'll get the family discount
There's literally a plethora of choices online with as many varied reviews as we have tastes in cigars. Enjoy your journey.

Sent from the PUFF cigar lounge.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.
-Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by poppajon75; 08-30-2018 at 10:19 PM.
post #5 of 21 Old 08-31-2018, 06:34 AM
Director of Sarcasm

Location: I live in two different states....Confusion and Disoriented.

It's been said that journeys start with the first step and in this hobby of ours it can be a lifetime walk....that's the good news. The bad news is....there are literally tons of cigars in the market and to break them down to giving you advice can be more good and bad news. I'm reluctant to advise any new hobbyist on what to buy....because your tastes will change in the first year alone. The savvy hobbyist will try different brands...wrappers...vitolas to get a sense of what it brings to your tastes. I've changed my direction many times over the last 50 years for different reasons....my age along with taste buds that die off or are dulled by the amount of tobacco usage. It's a good idea to let your sense of taste rehab and stop smoking periodically..a month or two so that when you start again you'll appreciate the quality. JMHO

Busting balls since 1954.
My Indian Name...Lives For Cigars
post #6 of 21 Old 08-31-2018, 09:52 AM
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Good suggestions so far but ill also add these 2. I would call EL cigar, smallbatch, fox or underground and tell them what you have tried and see what they reccomend. Not only do these 4 have online retail but they are also a B&M. You will talk to the folks that actually run the store fronts. Cant go wrong with any of them. If you want to get off into the boutique end of things I recommend smallbatch or underground. They have all the main stream stuff and a great selection on the boutique side.
https://foxcigar.com/
https://www.undergroundcigars.com/
JohnnyFlake, Rondo and Grid like this.

Only a little bit, I was able to get it in the truck without a forklift,,, - OneStrangeOne
post #7 of 21 Old 08-31-2018, 10:37 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

All of the above .
Try some other Connecticut wrappers by AJ Fernandez or My Father.
Some other Rocky Patel sticks such as the 1990, 1992, even the Royal Vintage. Have good Noob flavors with not much nicotine. Part of the journey is finding your way down stogie way. What I like and you like may be worlds apart. There will be some ya like and some ya don't like. Some need alot of rest some are ready to smoke. 2 of the same smokes will taste totally different depending on the time of rest. Never judge a smoke by only trying 1 stick. Goodluck.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
JohnnyFlake, Cigary, Rondo and 3 others like this.
post #8 of 21 Old 08-31-2018, 10:51 AM
Trust Me, I'm Not Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Ok, as I have posted a few times I am new to the cigar world. Have been enjoying it! But, dang! there are so many! As a person who has never smoked. Cant' stand chewing. Can't stand cigarettes. But, pipe smoke and cigars smell good. I have been enjoying the mild cigars. Connecticut's and a few Havana's have been great! Well, my local shop is limited. Cigars they carry and promote. Like 708 cigars seems most on here haven't heard of them. I did like the sweet tip . Romeo Y Julieta they just got in and I enjoyed that. Nat Sherman is a good smoke but, I've only tried the Connecticut. Rocky Patel 1999 was a pleasure. But, reading posts on here I hear so many other names that I don't see at my local shop! So, can someone steer me in a good direction on how I can experience other brands?

Holler if you want me to make you up a cheap sampler to try a bunch of stuff. I got a ton of extras sitting around, wide range for someone to cut their teeth on
JohnnyFlake, UBC03, TCstr8 and 4 others like this.

I <3 Cigars
Temporary Ban 30 days
post #9 of 21 Old 08-31-2018, 01:12 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTheEvans View Post
Holler if you want me to make you up a cheap sampler to try a bunch of stuff. I got a ton of extras sitting around, wide range for someone to cut their teeth on

If I was you Id jump! Sean is a good dude wholl treat ya right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OneStrangeOne likes this.

ANYTIME IS STOGIE TIME!
post #10 of 21 Old 08-31-2018, 01:23 PM
One of the a-holes

DO NOT ask the guy at the shop what he recommends.
JohnnyFlake, Cigary and WABOOM like this.

Blue Lives Matter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page