Views:	36
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	246556  

Wheels Up likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 53 Old 05-04-2019, 04:35 PM
CAT WRANGLER

If things are hard to find, specific, hard to define or detailed questions, I have no issues, WE have no issues answering questions with more experienced, first hand knowledge than any where else on the internet.

However with my limited computer knowledge I found this recent thread by using the search tool and entering "online retailers"

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...7&share_type=t

Buying online

The reason, for the frustration , is people want us to do the work without making a minimal effort themselves.. I'm sure how you could see this would be a source of annoyance.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #13 of 53 Old 05-04-2019, 04:37 PM
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/gener...ng-online.html

We do like to help but this thread ^^^^^ called "Buying Online" was under general cigar discussion about half way down the 2nd page. Go through a few pages under each discussion area. A lot of stuff has been talked about recently.
Matt_21 likes this.

Only a little bit, I was able to get it in the truck without a forklift,,, - OneStrangeOne

post #14 of 53 Old 05-04-2019, 04:38 PM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

I like Neptune. Never a bad experience and well stocked.
Matt_21 likes this.

Hunt Hard, Kill Swiftly, Waste Nothing, Offer No Apologies...
post #15 of 53 Old 05-04-2019, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Hey, your the one calling names, and I'm the immature one here? Funny, internet tough guys crack me up! LOL.... Very amusing , thanks, I needed that laugh today!!
post #16 of 53 Old 05-04-2019, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Thank you ebnash. I will look them up. Nice to know there are some cool guys still around.
post #17 of 53 Old 05-04-2019, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Thanks csk415. I am new here and appreciate it..
post #18 of 53 Old 05-04-2019, 05:35 PM
Just monkeyin' around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrover View Post
Hello all. This is my first post so please forgive if this question has already been asked. I could not find an answer on the site. Anyway. I would like some advice on a good online store. I have noticed that the prices vary greatly from place to place and would of course like to find a site with the best cigar prices . Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeonista View Post
There are a number of threads listing a broad array of popular online cigar vendors. The rest is up to you.

Folks here are very happy to answer cigar questions... except when it infers an unwillingness to spend the time to do at least some of your own research!
Quote:
You have no idea what research I've done!I could not find anything as I said.(Ya should have "researched" my question) Funny how you have no answer but chime in just to be rude! Also rude to speak for EVERYONE else on this site. I myself am a member of many other forums and am very happy to help anyone, especially a newbie. Not a very good start here at Puff. Hope your not on any welcoming committees !
I wasn't merely talking about using our search function. I was suggesting that you might be a little more forthcoming about what research you had done so far, not to mention your experience with cigars and prior sourcing, before simply asking to copy off some else's paper.

And, while nothing says you MUST post an intro thread (see: https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar...duction-forum/) we do consider it common courtesy, especially if you expect to benefit from the accumulated knowledge of our members. At the very least, it would be nice to feel that any of that knowledge freely offered forthwith would be appreciated for the time, effort, and money that went into acquiring it.

No, I did not post any vendor names for you. My bad. Didn't know I was obligated to do so. Frankly, I don't shop that way, anyway. I don't mind paying a little more to deal with vendors I know and trust. But, also I know well enough that (if you're polite) our members will provide a broad array of online cigar vendors they frequent, or point you in the right direction to one of the dozens of threads already outlining them!

Still, as @Scap said, there's no "one right answer". Some vendors are better for certain categories, but not others. Some may be unbeatable on a special they're running, but not necessarily the lowest otherwise. Some may have better customer service, and/or keep cigars in better condition, or have the best shipping - or offer samplers or fivers or singles on things that others don't. The "lowest price" isn't always the best deal; and in fact, it's almost impossible to pinpoint who does have the best price on a particular cigar on any given day (or week, or hour) without comparison shopping. Therefore, you'll get (or find) a lot of suggestions here on Puff. But ultimately, it's still up to you to discern which are best for your needs. That is called "research" and I've done enough of it to know that it's never final... nor finite!
Scap, Matt_21, Royal27 and 2 others like this.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
post #19 of 53 Old 05-04-2019, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

I understand what your saying. The reason I asked has nothing to do with lack of trying to research . I wanted to hear some personal experiences and could not find any myself. Not sure how that can be annoy anyone. If a post bugs you just don't read it. Pretty easy I'd say..
post #20 of 53 Old 05-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Hey, your the one calling names, and I'm the immature one here? Funny, internet tough guys crack me up! LOL.... Very amusing , thanks, I needed that laugh today!!
So tomorrow, I'm going to go over to your house unexpected, unannounced, and join your family for dinner.
When I show up, I'm going to ask everyone for their opinions on their favorite stuff. About halfway through, someone might ask me who I am. To which I'll just add a short little blurb, without saying much.

Then when I start getting some stink eye for barging in and acting like I own the place, I'll let everyone know I do this all the time and dinner table tough guys make me laugh.

Sounds like a pretty rude thing to do to, don't it?
Realize that, unfortunately, you pretty much just did the same thing to us.

Forums are like a family, doing a "man on the street" random survey of random folks isn't what makes a forum tick.

Stick around, read more, post less, and you'll have your answers in no time at all.

TL;DR - your Irish is showing.
Matt_21, TCstr8, Fusion and 4 others like this.

I don't know what I don't know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
buying cigars online, cheap cigars., online stores

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page