Freezing cigar? - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 Old 05-05-2019, 11:11 AM
Maturing Puffer Fish

If the cigars are frozen by the manufacturer already, why freeze them at home? It seems like that would be a good way to risk introducing moisture problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 Old 05-05-2019, 11:30 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshae View Post
If the cigars are frozen by the manufacturer already, why freeze them at home? It seems like that would be a good way to risk introducing moisture problems.
The way i look at it....cigars i ordered are going to be at least two to three days in warehouses, docks and trucks...all without ac. Living is south florida, no ac means temperatures over 90 degrees. So i do it as "free insurance". (make sure they are in an airtight bag or container)

Tact is for people who arenít witty enough to use sarcasm...
post #13 of 20 Old 05-05-2019, 11:42 AM
Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcziggy View Post
The way i look at it....cigars i ordered are going to be at least two to three days in warehouses, docks and trucks...all without ac. Living is south florida, no ac means temperatures over 90 degrees. So i do it as "free insurance". (make sure they are in an airtight bag or container)
That makes sense. I suppose even though the odds are slim, it only takes a single hitchhiker to cause problems.

post #14 of 20 Old 05-05-2019, 11:47 AM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Have you seen what passes for a "new " car in Cuba?... what do you think the freezers look like?.. bet they're not 2018 sub zeros...

Once you've had a bout or two with little critters, you'll change your mind. Moisture can be easily regulated.

Having thousands of dollars in cigars turned into a Golden Coral for beetles isn't.
OneStrangeOne and zcziggy like this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #15 of 20 Old 05-05-2019, 11:52 AM
Retired Chaos Designer

Quote:
Because,,
1. Not ALL manufactures freeze.
2. There are many possible ways for cigars to be exposed to beetles after they have been treated at the factory.
I donít know the exact logistics for shipping but my thoughts are that at least some of the smaller factoryís would probably throw in together in order to fill a shipping container to help keep cost down, theyíre going to sit in customs for a while, then sit in a distributors warehouse for a bit and ultimately sit in a wholesalers warehouse with thousands of other cigars until they get to a retailers warehouse.
3. Itís insurance for my piece of mind.
When you have a few thousand $ worth of cigars and find a beetle hole trust me itís a devastating feeling.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
post #16 of 20 Old 05-05-2019, 11:58 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStrangeOne View Post
Because,,
2. There are many possible ways for cigars to be exposed to beetles after they have been treated at the factory.
I donít know the exact logistics for shipping but my thoughts are that at least some of the smaller factoryís would probably throw in together in order to fill a shipping container to help keep cost down, theyíre going to sit in customs for a while, then sit in a distributors warehouse for a bit and ultimately sit in a wholesalers warehouse with thousands of other cigars until they get to a retailers warehouse.
When you have a few thousand $ worth of cigars and find a beetle hole trust me itís a devastating feeling.
A FEW THOUSAND $ ??????? Damn....what did I get myself into?

Tact is for people who arenít witty enough to use sarcasm...
post #17 of 20 Old 05-05-2019, 12:27 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcziggy View Post
A FEW THOUSAND $ ??????? Damn....what did I get myself into?
We're airing on the conservative side.. lol

And there's WAY bigger collections on puff.

Remember, we didn't start this yesterday. When you ALWAYS buy more than you smoke, they tend to build up.

We won't get into the pipe and cellared tobacco collections a bunch of us have managed to fit into this hobby... lol
OneStrangeOne, ForMud and zcziggy like this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #18 of 20 Old 05-05-2019, 12:29 PM
Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStrangeOne View Post
Because,,
I understand now, thanks. Not too tough to assemble a few thousand dollars' worth of sticks over time, but to see it all go at once would be devastating!
UBC03 and OneStrangeOne like this.
post #19 of 20 Old 05-06-2019, 08:30 AM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Destroy all receipts immediately upon arrival. Never open order history on the sites you buy from.......It's a little game I play called denial.
post #20 of 20 Old 05-07-2019, 01:23 AM
Young Puffer Fish

Holy moly....thousands haha. I struggle spending 50. Yíall are the best. If you have some 5ers youíre willing to sale, let me know, Iím interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page