Bye Bye Kuerig - Page 3 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 87Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 Old 10-27-2017, 12:39 AM
Director of Sarcasm

Location: I live in two different states....Confusion and Disoriented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scap View Post
Is the metal filter tough to clean without clogging the sink with coffee grounds?

I've got three brothers in law that are plumbers, but don't want to have to have them clean the sink every time they visit....
What are relatives for except to abuse them? Hey bro.....gotta an issue with the toilet....I went upper deck and it's all munged up now!.....Can ya fix it....your sister said you'd do it or No More Cigars For You!

Busting balls since 1954.
My Indian Name...Lives For Cigars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 Old 10-27-2017, 01:58 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
What are relatives for except to abuse them? Hey bro.....gotta an issue with the toilet....I went upper deck and it's all munged up now!.....Can ya fix it....your sister said you'd do it or No More Cigars For You!
Love you like a brother, but so glad we aren't related....

I don't know what I don't know.
post #23 of 32 Old 12-11-2017, 07:19 PM
Director of Sarcasm

Quote:
I still love my Keurig 550...got it off of HSN with some other accessories for $66...when it still retails for over $120. As long as you clean it out every 3 months and use great coffee ( I got the adapter to do my own whole beans into the K Cup ) and it works great. This from a Coffee Snob with 10 different systems.
Thought I would add to this thread concerning the Keurig coffee machines which have taken some negative hits. The chief complaint seems to be that it doesn't make strong enough coffee from the K-Cups and I wanted to share a great hack... whatever your chosen K-Cup flavor there is a way to make it stronger and it's so easy I'm surprised that I didn't research the answer until a couple of days ago. Here's all you need to do... insert the K-Cup and pull the lever down and then open it up again and turn the cup about 45 degrees and pull the lever down which makes another hole at the bottom of the K-Cup and then go ahead and make your cup of coffee. The reason that you get a weaker cup of coffee is because you only have one hole on the bottom and by putting two holes you'll get a stronger cup of coffee... I went one step further and put three holes by rotating the cup and the strength that I got from doing that made that cup of coffee too strong. So now I only put two holes and it comes out perfect so you might want to experiment and try this out and see what you think.

Kidvegas likes this.

post #24 of 32 Old 12-11-2017, 09:19 PM
No longer a community member.

I have Kuerig I call a pod mochine, it only dawned on me it was a , when people were protesting the company week ago. Still have mine.
post #25 of 32 Old 12-12-2017, 07:53 AM
H.R. Pufnstuf

@Cigary idea works great. You can also use the carafe my kcup thing (the carafe sized use your own bean) if multiple people want hoity-toity lattes and such. Half the time I use it for morning coffee... .02 cents FWIW....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Cigary likes this.

....that's almost like flying on a plane with one wing. ~Cigary
post #26 of 32 Old 12-12-2017, 08:36 AM
Got bumps on my ash!

I've been using my gold mesh Cafe' Cups in my Kuerig for years now. I bought them when they were an "As Seen on TV" item and still have all of them.
@Scap, to answer your question: I empty the spent grounds in the trash. Whatever is left in the cup easily washes out and down the drain. Never had an issue.
Scap likes this.

"I probably could have been a rocket surgeon or brain scientists." Rondo 2019
post #27 of 32 Old 12-12-2017, 08:50 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickorynut View Post
......Why yes...yes you did inherit another expensive hobby.....but I like it!
#HellYeah
post #28 of 32 Old 12-12-2017, 10:58 AM
Apprentice Puff-kin

@Cigary I was skeptical, but it seems to be a bit stronger. Iíll admit though, Iím not a coffee snob. Just put some Folgers and water in an IV bag and hook me up...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cigary and LeatherNeck like this.

Life is short, smoke the cigar.
post #29 of 32 Old 12-12-2017, 12:16 PM
Director of Sarcasm

I seriously cut my usage in half because I couldn't get a stronger cup a joe so I would put 2 k cups on the lowest setting but now....since I have a 20 ounce Yeti I combine the middle setting and the lowest ( 2 cycles ) and it's a perfect cup of coffee. They try and tell us not to use a cup twice...that's BS....the Industry wants us to only use it once because then you go through a lot more product and that means from 45 cents to $1 per k cup.
Gumby-cr and Matfam1 like this.

post #30 of 32 Old 12-14-2017, 02:22 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote:
Thought I would add to this thread concerning the Keurig coffee machines which have taken some negative hits. The chief complaint seems to be that it doesn't make strong enough coffee from the K-Cups and I wanted to share a great hack... whatever your chosen K-Cup flavor there is a way to make it stronger and it's so easy I'm surprised that I didn't research the answer until a couple of days ago. Here's all you need to do... insert the K-Cup and pull the lever down and then open it up again and turn the cup about 45 degrees and pull the lever down which makes another hole at the bottom of the K-Cup and then go ahead and make your cup of coffee. The reason that you get a weaker cup of coffee is because you only have one hole on the bottom and by putting two holes you'll get a stronger cup of coffee... I went one step further and put three holes by rotating the cup and the strength that I got from doing that made that cup of coffee too strong. So now I only put two holes and it comes out perfect so you might want to experiment and try this out and see what you think.

https://youtu.be/GBiuz-auXJs
Seems like this would cause the cup to empty more quickly rather than having the hot water linger longer in the cup itself picking up flavor, making a weaker cup instead of as intended. I'm willing to give it a shot though with my next cup (which will be shortly here).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page