Big Green Egg - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 11-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Re: Big Green Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse View Post
I was actually looking at the XL, but I'm glad you told me that the large is actually better! What company did you buy it from?
I bought mine from Homeclick.com, but it looks like they sold out and switched to carrying the Primo instead. A little google-fu show that ChefCentral and HomeVillage offer free shipping. Double check with the ChefCentral though, its the better price but it doesn't designate if it is the large or medium.

I've done up to a 20lb turkey on the large and as I recall could have gone a little bigger, I'm not sure you could do that with the XL due to the dome height.

Sneaky Squid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 11-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Pale Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Alchemist View Post
I bought mine from Homeclick.com, but it looks like they sold out and switched to carrying the Primo instead. A little google-fu show that ChefCentral and HomeVillage offer free shipping. Double check with the ChefCentral though, its the better price but it doesn't designate if it is the large or medium.

I've done up to a 20lb turkey on the large and as I recall could have gone a little bigger, I'm not sure you could do that with the XL due to the dome height.

I'm going to give them a call and check!
post #13 of 16 Old 11-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Young Fish

Ok now I want one

post #14 of 16 Old 11-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlv123 View Post
Ok now I want one
Yes you do . Yup as far as I can tell, unless you are getting into competition BBQ it's the way to go. However I'll admit I do want a NG mini grill for things like burgers as I don't always want to light up the charcoal for something quick and simple when it's just my wife and I.

Sneaky Squid
post #15 of 16 Old 11-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier. I LOVE MY BGE!! I have the Large and have had it for about 6 years. It is so easy to make such great food on these things. Everyone that tries my ribs says they are the best they have ever tasted. I cook several times a week on mine. I do steaks, chicken, veggies, ribs, tri tip, fish, tomatoes and peppers for home made smoked salsa, I have done turkey, ham, and did I mention ribs?

Some things you will need/want:

Plate Setter - Allows you to set the grill up for smoking with indirect heat. (Need)

Cast Iron Grid - Allows for hot searing of steaks. (Want)

V-Rack - Can turn it one way to smoke a roast, or turn it over for holding ribs vertically (Need)

1/2 Circle cast iron griddle - great for cooking vegetables, or bacon. (Want)

Pizza Stone - If you like pizza (who doesn't?) you can make your own. I buy my dough at Trader Joe's and add my own sauce and toppings. Use it with the plate setter (legs down). (Want)

You will need some devise to hold/cradle your egg. I have the "Nest" which holds it and has casters to roll it around the patio (carefully!). You can also get a table (takes up more room, but is very nice. I would also recommend a cover to keep the weather off of it, but the ceramic finish is so good, that weather doesn't really bother it.

Once you get yours we'll have to trade recipes. And you will get it. It is simply awesome!

There is a really helpful online community (like puff) at The ORIGINAL Online Community for the Big Green Egg

Feel free to post or PM any questions you have.
post #16 of 16 Old 11-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Maturing Puffer Fish

I have a large BGE and I love it. Its crazy all the different things you can use it for (I cooked meatloaf in it the other night).

I got mine from a local hardware store. I also noticed that a lot of pool supply stores around this area sells them as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
big, egg, green

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page