Smokin' meats and other food - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 80Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 71 Old 05-14-2019, 04:57 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Put the pan of beans under what ever the meat your cooking and let the dripping fall into it works well too.........Dam I'm getting hungry for some reason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 71 Old 05-14-2019, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForMud View Post
I'm still old school smoking....Charcoal/hardwood in a 30 year old stainless steel smoker. Nothing earth shaking...Wings, jerky, ribs mostly.
Awesome! I don't have the talent for that, so I let electronics do all the work for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT14U View Post
Smoked apple pie is the bomb.....

I love smoking foods I just donít do it like I use to....I competed for a couple years but since my move to AZ I havenít done it. Try smoking some baked beans as well. I have a killer recipe for it I got off smoked-meat forum years ago....hell, also Mac and Cheese!

Your in the neighborhood of a killer rub maker named Rich....google madhunky all purpose rub...

And cheese smoking is fun and way cheaper then buying it smoked...but I will say I never did guada but heard it really compliments well.
Never smoked Mac N Cheese, but I imagine it would be similarly as good as the beans.

I think we've got the same Baked Beans recipe! I've done those beans more times than I can count in those catering silver tubs. I always get multiple requests for more, and some requests to do graduation parties, birthdays etc. So far I haven't turned it into anything - I just do it for fun!

The Gouda is a favorite of everyone. I get lots of "requests" for smoked cheese each year, but I'm not dedicated enough to fill all of the orders. I caution people to wait, but they always break into the vacuum seal long before they should and get less than optimal cheese [kinda like cigars, 'ey?]

Quote:
@MichiPuff sorry for the highjack of your thread.
Not a problem at all - this is what I was hoping for this to be!

If anyone finds a good recipe be sure to post it up here and we can do some learnin'.
Bigjohn likes this.
post #13 of 71 Old 05-14-2019, 06:44 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Have you tried your hand at venison bacon or making sausage/kielbasaís? I really miss that. I use to pride myself on making all my own processed meats and cheese.

Sent from my part of hell!
Bigjohn likes this.

This is NOT a message board where you come to leave your matzah balls hanging out and then walk around with an entitled attitude. Cigary 2018

post #14 of 71 Old 05-14-2019, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Have you tried your hand at venison bacon or making sausage/kielbasaís? I really miss that. I use to pride myself on making all my own processed meats and cheese.

Sent from my part of hell!
No I haven't ever tried sausages, and I'm not a hunter so don't really have easy access to venison. It's always been an interesting thought to try it though.

Almost bought the stuff a few years ago to make my own cheese, but decided against it.

One of my family's favorite smoked cheeses is a bacon cheese we found at Sam's club.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Bigjohn likes this.

Smokin' Michigan!
post #15 of 71 Old 05-14-2019, 07:42 PM
Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer480 View Post
If you ever get the chance try smoking an Apple pie it's one of my favorites to eat especially when I have cherry wood. When it comes to meet I love smoked pork shoulder injected with apple / Orange juice and liquid smoke. I go ahead and season it with any dry rub I can find at the store that sounds good I love spicy.
@Spencer480 Do you smoke an already baked pie, so just warming it up, or are you cooking it, too?
post #16 of 71 Old 05-14-2019, 07:43 PM
One of the a-holes

Iíve never tried but have always wanted to get into smoking.
Any recommendations for the Puff of smokers forums?
UBC03, TCstr8 and Bigjohn like this.

Blue Lives Matter
post #17 of 71 Old 05-14-2019, 07:56 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post

You mean a place that'll have you in the fetal position, crying in a corner, with a bunch of melted credit cards in your wallet? Except you're caught in a landslide of pork instead of Cubans.

If there is count me in..

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #18 of 71 Old 05-14-2019, 08:26 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshae View Post
@Spencer480 Do you smoke an already baked pie, so just warming it up, or are you cooking it, too?
You cook it in the smoker here is a good recipe https://www.smokedmeatsunday.com/smo...le-pie-recipe/
Moonshae likes this.

"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone".
post #19 of 71 Old 05-14-2019, 08:35 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post

Go over to the island of misfits...
smoked-meat.com great guys and let me know when your over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rondo and Humphrey's Ghost like this.

This is NOT a message board where you come to leave your matzah balls hanging out and then walk around with an entitled attitude. Cigary 2018
post #20 of 71 Old 05-14-2019, 08:37 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshae View Post

You can smoke them from scratch....anything that goes in a oven you can smoke. Pecan pies are great also! With a sprinkle of bacon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigjohn and Moonshae like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page