Puff.com Questions & Answers: Moving Forward - Page 13 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 496 Old 02-28-2015, 01:27 PM
Smoking Volunteer

Re: Puff.com Questions & Answers: Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by demuths1770 View Post
never got the mass email as well.
I thought the same, but found it in my spam folder. If you filter incoming emails, it's probably there.

Out of the blue and into the black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 496 Old 02-28-2015, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter2 View Post
I never got this supposed mass email. I found out through a Facebook notification that you posted the link to here. So...something didn't work right there. And yes, I'm supposed to get emails from administrators, I just checked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demuths1770 View Post
never got the mass email as well.
We used mailchimp.com to send the mass email... they are supposed to be really good at that but I guess it is possible some emails never made it to their destinations. Could be in spam folders as well?
post #123 of 496 Old 02-28-2015, 01:34 PM
Removed per request

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
We used mailchimp.com to send the mass email... they are supposed to be really good at that but I guess it is possible some emails never made it to their destinations. Could be in spam folders as well?
I got mines!

post #124 of 496 Old 02-28-2015, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Smokey View Post
I didn't say I had lied to. I believe we just aren't being told the whole truth.

Answer me this. Did the former moderators not have a right to capture and delete posts that they themselves had authored? You act like their works were not theirs to do with as they saw fit. Face it, they were treated as badly, if not worse than the rest of us as we were going to them for answers and they were given non. Wouldn't you agree that would be upsetting. I know they had to be getting very tired and frustrated. So what do they do? They started another forum? Why? Because Puff didn't care about it's greatest asset. Us the members.
Yes, I do believe the former moderators had a right to delete posts they had authored, and especially if they had some type of personal information in them they didn't want on the internet anymore. I do think it is really in bad taste to do though, because deleting info like that can ruin threads that other people have also posted information in.

I 100% agree they were not treated correctly and it would be upsetting. I've said that numerous times.

After the site came back up though, if they didn't want to stick around fine... go... but to continue to spam the competing site, to post links everywhere possible even where it doesn't fit is akin to spraying graffiti on the walls of a business you just quit. Can you do it? Sure... is it in good taste? No.

Like I said, people were upset and I get that but it isn't something we can allow.

Quote:
The old mods whom you have banned were at the top tier of what made Puff such a great place. Should they not let their friends know that many of their friends had moved? I think that is only natural and I am greatful to have found them.

Face it John, if you had been an active member here, made a host of friends and suddenly everything disappeared without any notice or explanation to anyone, wouldn't that leave a Dog Rocket in your mouth? (ask your cigar smoking buddy what a dog rocket is if you don't know). See if he really knows cigars to help run this joint.

You say you understand our deserved frustration! Do you? From all you have said you know forums from the business side and making money. You should easily see the passion we share about this hobby. I don't see your passion other than damage control and making money. Who is right? The outpouring from members and former members should make that answer very clear.

Personally you seem like a pretty stand up guy trying to make a buck. But this being treated like crap by the bodies that be just doesn't sit right for most of us. We the members are the greatest asset Puff has and that has been forgotten by the owners for a very long time.

I am sorry that Jon died, which apparently happened quite some time ago. Then after several weeks we get an email just now telling us about the death wanting our sympathy for treating us like crap just rolls another dog rocket IMO. Why couldn't they send us an email when Jon died? You can't believe the support that would have gotten here on Puff.

Enough of my rambling. I am going back to the forum I know really cares about us and is run by those who stepped up when we got NOTHING from Puff.
Can't blame you for feeling the way that you do. All I can say is that over time I think you will see that we are passionate about making this place work and grow and making it a place you can trust again. I'm not expecting you to take my word for it, just asking you to check in once in a while and let us prove it to you.
post #125 of 496 Old 02-28-2015, 01:42 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Why does the websites listed on Caputo Media as the ones they own, all but Puff are claimed to be owned by another company and in no way reflect Caputo Media with the exception of Puff? Also none of their supposedly owned websites went dark for a month, just Puff.

Quote:
I know that Jon poured his life and soul into this site and that Shari helped out where she could. If you search for the site you'll see that she did a ton behind the scenes, with advertisers, and just supporting Jon and raising the family. Now she lost him. You have to jump onto her case and kick her when she is down? She didn't know the first thing about running the site and servers.
This whole story about a grieving widow who couldn't manage the "family business" either is a lie or a scam. Because according to the bio on the website she was the founder of this whole thing and she knows exactly what she is doing. Amazing. The truth will come out in time.

And if this is what you are being told by the "ownership" then you are being lied to also.

Have you entered cameradude's NOOB contest? If not, what is stopping you? Enter now!
https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-...b-contest.html
post #126 of 496 Old 02-28-2015, 01:53 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtechva View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroma View Post
here's an archived version of that page from 2013 from archive.org. compare the two and draw your own conclusions. Who « Caputo Media
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter2 View Post
Sometime between 2/8/14 and 6/30/14, that page was changed.

The old version from 2/8:
Who « Caputo Media
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameradude View Post
Why does the websites listed on Caputo Media as the ones they own, all but Puff are claimed to be owned by another company and in no way reflect Caputo Media with the exception of Puff? Also none of their supposedly owned websites went dark for a month, just Puff.

This whole story about a grieving widow who couldn't manage the "family business" either is a lie or a scam. Because according to the bio on the website she was the founder of this whole thing and she knows exactly what she is doing. Amazing. The truth will come out in time.

I think this is a serious eye opener. Told me a ton.

I've been known to give people a piece of my mind. Here lately, I'm questioning if I have enough left to share.
post #127 of 496 Old 02-28-2015, 01:56 PM
No longer a community member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime View Post
So is there still a level3 for members after they have proven themselves? I enjoyed seeing the screen shots of tits and the like. Too bad I never got in with the rest of the "top tier" members back in the day. Attachment 52163 Attachment 52164Attachment 52165Attachment 52166Attachment 52167
WOW......I've heard about this but this is the first proof I've seen.

Any respect for TonyBrooklyn I once might of had is certainly gone now.

I can be tasteless but this takes the cake.
post #128 of 496 Old 02-28-2015, 01:57 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Like has been said before, cigar sites really don't compete. You call it spamming, I call it informing. Many members probably didnt know where all their friends had gone. It wouldn't have lasted very long so a little patience seems to be the correct way to handle it. Some will follow, some won't. Banning just seems like the way a guy only in it for the money would react.

John, it appears like you will do a decent job around here if you continue to interact and stay involved and get to know the members and their passion. But you have missed out on so much with what Puffs members have endured. And with you really not experiencing Puff and the only one available to answer questions and respond seems like we still aren't getting any answers. Why doesn't our owner come here and field a few questions? She should know. No wait, she was only interested in the money too.
post #129 of 496 Old 02-28-2015, 01:58 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
checked spam and not a thing.

Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman— or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle. - George Burns :smoke2:
post #130 of 496 Old 02-28-2015, 01:59 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskers View Post
WOW......I've heard about this but this is the first proof I've seen.

Any respect for TonyBrooklyn I once might of had is certainly gone now.

I can be tasteless but this takes the cake.
i would like to know how much truth is behind this myself!! alot can be photo shopped now a days

i think at the end of the day i have my answer byt them trying to push off the aspect of it being a business and stating they just want to run the forum as best they can..... why do they wanna run the forum as best as they can...... to make money not because they enjoy cigar and pipe smoking. they can claim things have changed but stories are still not adding up, its still the same owner and now the admins have no interst in cigars and pipes just the intest of making money. that is a scary

Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman— or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle. - George Burns :smoke2:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
puff.com, site help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page