Puff.com Questions & Answers: Moving Forward - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 09:26 PM
Newbie in the ocean

Re: Puff.com Questions & Answers: Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Unfortunately I believe that some of the moderators of this site (who have now migrated to another site) were deleting posts and doing everything in their power to ruin the experience here and try to "force" people to go to the other site.

I hate to say it so bluntly, but that is simply what happened.
You "believe" or it is what happened?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 09:26 PM
No longer a community member.

Quote:
Husker,

I'm not sure where your animosity is coming from. I know that Jon poured his life and soul into this site and that Shari helped out where she could. If you search for the site you'll see that she did a ton behind the scenes, with advertisers, and just supporting Jon and raising the family. Now she lost him. You have to jump onto her case and kick her when she is down? She didn't know the first thing about running the site and servers. So she reached out for help and that's what we are here for. So yes, she did what she needed to do to make sure the site has a future going forward.

Did they make money off the site? Yes, I'm sure they did. And good for them, that is the American way. Did they earn it? Yes, the countless hours they put into the site deserves to be rewarded. Just like you make money at your job I'm sure. You don't consider your pay check charity, you earned it. This site has been free for members and always will be. I'm not sure why you have to put so much hate and vitriol towards the people that created this site that I'm sure you (at least, at one time) enjoyed for free.

The site was down, and that was unfortunate -- but it was not without a good reason. A death in the family, especially one this close, really puts things into perspective.

We can't change what happened in the past. All I can do is tell you that we are doing everything we can to make the site run smooth and improve it and make sure no downtime ever happens again -- or if it does, that we are doing everything in our powers to bring it up as soon as possible.

As far as who is in charge, it is Shari and the team she has put together to help run it going forward (including myself). As you can see -- much of the advertising has been removed from the site. It is important to find a balance between making sure the site pays for itself and making sure the community isn't flooded with advertising. In fact, as far as I can tell there is not a single ad on the site at all (forums) and we are in the process of getting the Content/Reviews area cleaned up as well. It's a big task though between the server move, etc.

Just asking for a bit of patience.

Thanks for the explanation, I really am thankful. Its the most we've got in months.

My post aren't aimed towards you personally, just the way this was all handled and communicated with us members was a cluster and we deserve better.
post #13 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 09:28 PM
Maturing Puffer Fish

To Shari,My deepest sympathies,and best of wishes for you and your family.

John,I hope the best for this forum and will continue to drop by.My input is neither informed nor insightfull,But I have learned quite a bit form the members here and hope to learn more.While i am a member of other forums,I do hope to see Puff continue and grow.Best of Luck,,sincerly.

post #14 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewKuhn View Post
You "believe" or it is what happened?
It IS what happened. Part of the posts disappeared from the server move, but a good 500 or so other ones were done on purpose by some previous moderators.
post #15 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 09:33 PM
Scotch & Cigars

John,

I am not seeing some of the sub forums that used to be here, specifically Habanos and Marketplace....will they be part of the forum or are they gone?

Thanks
post #16 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskers View Post
Thanks for the explanation, I really am thankful. Its the most we've got in months.

My post aren't aimed towards you personally, just the way this was all handled and communicated with us members was a cluster and we deserve better.
I understand your frustration. I do ask that you keep it clean. I have no problem answering questions and taking criticism... I have thick skin. I just ask that you keep it civil. Lets get to the real issues and resolve them rather than just try and kill each other. Fixing the problem is much better than just complaining about it.
post #17 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock31 View Post
John,

I am not seeing some of the sub forums that used to be here, specifically Habanos and Marketplace....will they be part of the forum or are they gone?

Thanks
No sections have been removed. I believe it may be a permissions issue on being able to see those forums. I'll look into it.
post #18 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 09:35 PM
Newbie in the ocean

Quote:
It IS what happened. Part of the posts disappeared from the server move, but a good 500 or so other ones were done on purpose by some previous moderators.
Why are all but one of the previous moderators still members if this is the case?
post #19 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 09:38 PM
Scotch & Cigars

Quote:
No sections have been removed. I believe it may be a permissions issue on being able to see those forums. I'll look into it.
thx
post #20 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewKuhn View Post
Why are all but one of the previous moderators still members if this is the case?
They aren't. Some have been removed. Some have not. I should clarify. Only one moderator was banned. The rest have simply had permissions stripped so that no more harm can be done (at least, no harm behind the scenes).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
puff.com, site help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page