Puff.com Questions & Answers: Moving Forward - Page 4 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 09:53 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Re: Puff.com Questions & Answers: Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aninjaforallseasons View Post
Two questions:

1. Is this new team going to be in place permanently? I've heard the site was sold to new owners, and whatnot... so are you guys working for Shari, or the new owners, or was all that nonsense?

2. Any plans for a new logo? Puff is a great name for a cigar smoker forum, but the puffer fish thing... that needs to go!
I agree 100 percent.

Pissing people off since 1973! And getting better at it everyday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 09:56 PM
I ♥ |_|D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapathy View Post
I never saw john post, I have no idea if he was even a smoker or just a forum owner and I couldn't care either way. Business is business. I think a lot of the issues lay with the old moderator team. Whether or not they acted the way they did because they were told to, or because they assumed they were above everyone else I have no idea. But when the mod team cleared out close to 100 members in 3 days some with valid reasons, quite a few without any reason and then a good handful of people that got banned on purpose because they disagreed with how things were handled, there was a pretty big wedge driven between 2 parties.
Agreed. I have zero animosity towards the new owners of this site and I hope that Forum Foundry will take this place to what it shoulda been and the days of old where behind the scenes negativity is over. So far, the way that this thread has been handled by John shows a lot of promise. Those that know me know that I run a separate site that I guess can be considered a competing site. That said, this post can be seen for what it says and not but someone just trying to "kiss up" to the new owners.

I do what the voices in my head tell me to.
post #33 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 09:59 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Do we have new mods? And who are they?

post #34 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo1473 View Post
Do we have new mods? And who are they?
Right now there are two but we will be bringing some additional moderators on board over the next week or so. It is Dan and myself currently. Hopefully I'll be able to get Aaron, Doug and Nick on board as well in the next couple of days. They all work out of the office here.
post #35 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 10:02 PM
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Hello everyone, my name is John Gonzalez and I'm part of the team that Shari is working with to make sure that Puff.com has a good home moving forward. I've been doing forums since 2001 and Bulletin Board Systems before that since about 1992. Our goal is to make sure that Puff.com runs smoothly and without interruptions. There might be some hiccups over the course of the next week or two as we transition to the new server system but after that things should calm down and run smoothly.

I know some people have decided to move to another site and I wish them the best. I do ask that users here respect the website that Jon and Shari created by not advertising competing forums here. It's just a sign of mutual respect and we certainly won't advertise this site on other competing forums either.

I know you have a ton of questions and I'll answer as many as I can. I don't want to speak for Shari as I know she has been through a ton lately and right now just needs as much support as we can offer her.

If you have any site suggestions, critiques, etc. please post them in here and we will do our best to address them. If you need to contact us, please email me at [email protected].

Below is the email you should have received from Shari going into a bit more detail. As I said, a very sensitive time for her and the family right now.
Thank you John glad to hear Puff is back.
Shari once again i offer you my sincerest condolences for your tremendous loss.

"Dear Lord Thank you for your protection and your many signs along the way. Thank you for any good that I may have done, I'm so sorry about the bad."- Eli
post #36 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 10:04 PM
Newbie in the ocean

Quote:
I have not been inconsistent. I'm sure that you are aware (because, after all, you are the moderator who deleted the largest number of posts) -- that some moderators deleted more than others. Some posts that were deleted, could have been for legitimate reasons (ie, spam). Some moderators felt the need to do everything in their power to burn this place down. Some didn't do nearly as much. The punishment fits the crime. I believe that is the way it should be.
I'm not sure how you would call being turned pink in a defunct forum a punishment, but we can disagree. I'm not aware of what other moderators did, but I stand completely behind the fact that I deleted 95% of the threads I started Let's face it, Jon didn't pass away a couple weeks, or even a couple months ago. This have pity and show some respect is a crock. You can blow sunshine up everyone's rearend for as long as you want, but when the site you've been tasked with running goes black for extended periods because the bills haven't been paid, or you go unpaid for extended periods of time, like our former admins...you'll realize that there is nothing bitter about where I'm coming from- it's just calling a spade a spade.
post #37 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 10:04 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Right now there are two but we will be bringing some additional moderators on board over the next week or so. It is Dan and myself currently. Hopefully I'll be able to get Aaron, Doug and Nick on board as well in the next couple of days. They all work out of the office here.
So no one that is actually a member?

post #38 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 10:06 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

I would like to thank you, John, for giving us a few answers to what had happened. I appreciate it. Personally, I'm not one for drama, so I plan on keeping my head down for a bit while I see how this all plays out. My allegiance lies with those members I grew to know and enjoy the company of, not a particular forum, even if it is seen as a "competitor."

Shari, I'm sorry for your loss.

To smoke is human; to smoke cigars, divine.
post #39 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 10:09 PM
I ♥ |_|D

Looks like there are still a moderators from before the switch over. Not sure if this is remain that way or not. Curious to see how all of this plays out. I'm sure the new Admins a FF will have their hands full.

I do what the voices in my head tell me to.
post #40 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewKuhn View Post
but when the site you've been tasked with running goes black for extended periods because the bills haven't been paid, or you go unpaid for extended periods of time, like our former admins...you'll realize that there is nothing bitter about where I'm coming from- it's just calling a spade a spade.
I guess we can disagree. I don't see "not getting paid" as a reason to try and sabotage a community that you supposedly care about. If it was all about the money for you, sure I understand quitting. I don't understand trying to deface the place.

I can't imagine going through what Shari went through... I try not to judge people unless I've walked a mile in their shoes. In this case nothing I've ever had to face in my life has even come close. If some bills went unpaid or things went to hell in a hand basket who am I to judge?

All I can do is try to make things as good as they can be moving forward. That's it. I can't change the past.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
puff.com, site help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page