Puff.com Questions & Answers: Moving Forward - Page 5 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Re: Puff.com Questions & Answers: Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo1473 View Post
So no one that is actually a member?
There are still some moderators from before, until we have a chance to talk to all of them and find out who wants to stay and who wants to go, we can leave them on the team until we know otherwise. So we'll be bringing outside help (the people I mentioned) -- some existing moderators and we will likely be adding some new ones from the community. Our main thing is people who care about this place, want to see it succeed and are level headed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 10:12 PM
Newbie in the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
I guess we can disagree. I don't see "not getting paid" as a reason to try and sabotage a community that you supposedly care about. If it was all about the money for you, sure I understand quitting. I don't understand trying to deface the place.

I can't imagine going through what Shari went through... I try not to judge people unless I've walked a mile in their shoes. In this case nothing I've ever had to face in my life has even come close. If some bills went unpaid or things went to hell in a hand basket who am I to judge?

All I can do is try to make things as good as they can be moving forward. That's it. I can't change the past.
Let me clarify- I was never, nor did I ever expect to be paid. I was speaking only of our admins. I don't think anyone has ever claimed that Shari didn't deserve sympathy...but that's different than being fed an inconsistent message for 6 months, through rolling blackouts, until you finally go off the map for weeks. Explanations do not excuse, and empathy is not associated with making rational judgments about how someone runs a business.
post #43 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewKuhn View Post
Let me clarify- I was never, nor expected to be paid. I was speaking only of our admins. I don't think anyone has ever claimed that Shari didn't deserve sympathy...but that's different than being fed an inconsistent message for 6 months, through rolling blackouts, until you finally go off the map for weeks. Explanations do not excuse, and empathy is not associated with making rational judgments about how someone runs a business.
I don't think anyone (including Shari) will tell you that things were handled in a manner that she would be proud of. I can't make excuses for someone else either, and like I said... I understand why people are frustrated. Hell, I would be too. I totally don't blame anyone. The only thing I'm concerned with is how to make this place great moving forward. I understand some people will never be able to forgive and forget. I also understand that trust is earned over time. The only thing I ask is that people give the place a chance and don't try to sabotage it. If you like another site, great.. move on. Just don't try to burn this place down when you leave.

post #44 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 10:17 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Let me clarify- I was never, nor did I ever expect to be paid. I was speaking only of our admins. I don't think anyone has ever claimed that Shari didn't deserve sympathy...but that's different than being fed an inconsistent message for 6 months, through rolling blackouts, until you finally go off the map for weeks. Explanations do not excuse, and empathy is not associated with making rational judgments about how someone runs a business.
So... Now what? What exactly do you want? Get over it and keep on, or move on somewhere else. What's the point of you lingering other than to stir the pot?
post #45 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 10:18 PM
Newbie in the ocean

Quote:
I don't think anyone (including Shari) will tell you that things were handled in a manner that she would be proud of. I can't make excuses for someone else either, and like I said... I understand why people are frustrated. Hell, I would be too. I totally don't blame anyone. The only thing I'm concerned with is how to make this place great moving forward. I understand some people will never be able to forgive and forget. I also understand that trust is earned over time. The only thing I ask is that people give the place a chance and don't try to sabotage it. If you like another site, great.. move on. Just don't try to burn this place down when you leave.
No active member (mod or otherwise) could ever have burned this place down like the Caputos did. PERIOD. If you don't believe me, go check out how 500+ members congealed as a new community, elsewhere in less than 3 weeks. Puff is alive and well- just not at this URL.
post #46 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 10:19 PM
Newbie in the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by purepoker View Post
So... Now what? What exactly do you want? Get over it and keep on, or move on somewhere else. What's the point of you lingering other than to stir the pot?
It would be nice to see someone tell the truth, that's all
post #47 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 10:22 PM
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purepoker View Post
Amen!
Thanks for saying what everyone is thinking!

"Dear Lord Thank you for your protection and your many signs along the way. Thank you for any good that I may have done, I'm so sorry about the bad."- Eli
post #48 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 10:24 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

I do believe Jon is doing the best he can with the cards he has been dealt. But we will see as things move forward .i do believe I can be a contributing member of multiple forums. I'm not counting puff out yet.

Pissing people off since 1973! And getting better at it everyday.
post #49 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
It would be nice to see someone tell the truth, that's all
I'm not sure what truth you are talking about. I've been up front and honest with everyone. Granted, I do have limited knowledge of what happened before I got here.

It seems to me that you have an axe to grind and that nothing would make you more happy than to see this place fail and crash and burn. If I'm wrong, I apologize. I'm sure you have some type of interest in the other site so it stands to reason that if this site fails the other will prosper even more.

As others have said. You are either here to help the community and participate as a member or you aren't. If you aren't, I think everyone is better off if you simply keep to the place that makes you happy.
post #50 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 10:41 PM
Removed per request

Quote:
I have not been inconsistent. I'm sure that you are aware (because, after all, you are the moderator who deleted the largest number of posts) -- that some moderators deleted more than others. Some posts that were deleted, could have been for legitimate reasons (ie, spam). Some moderators felt the need to do everything in their power to burn this place down. Some didn't do nearly as much. The punishment fits the crime. I believe that is the way it should be.
I like this John Gonzalez guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
puff.com, site help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page