Puff.com Questions & Answers: Moving Forward - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 93
     
Puff.com Questions & Answers: Moving Forward

Hello everyone, my name is John Gonzalez and I'm part of the team that Shari is working with to make sure that Puff.com has a good home moving forward. I've been doing forums since 2001 and Bulletin Board Systems before that since about 1992. Our goal is to make sure that Puff.com runs smoothly and without interruptions. There might be some hiccups over the course of the next week or two as we transition to the new server system but after that things should calm down and run smoothly.

I know some people have decided to move to another site and I wish them the best. I do ask that users here respect the website that Jon and Shari created by not advertising competing forums here. It's just a sign of mutual respect and we certainly won't advertise this site on other competing forums either.

I know you have a ton of questions and I'll answer as many as I can. I don't want to speak for Shari as I know she has been through a ton lately and right now just needs as much support as we can offer her.

If you have any site suggestions, critiques, etc. please post them in here and we will do our best to address them. If you need to contact us, please email me at [email protected].

Below is the email you should have received from Shari going into a bit more detail. As I said, a very sensitive time for her and the family right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari
To our loyal Puff.com members,

I would like to sincerely apologize for Puff being down and unstable for as long as it was. We understand how frustrating and upsetting it has been for you. Unfortunately as some of you may or may not know, my husband, Jon Caputo, who I owned Puff with, passed away a while ago. I really tried my best to keep up with the site and deal with the loss of my husband and the father of my children but it has really proven too much for me and I need to focus my attention elsewhere.

I was recently contacted by a business associate of mine who knew what I was going through and he connected me with a few friends of his who offered to work with me to stabilize Puff as well give the members everything that they want and need including servers that are up and online 24 hours a day 7 days a week, a new mobile app that so many of you have been looking for as well as solid contact people should anyone ever need anything.

We realize that alternatives are out there and we will do our best to make sure that Puff becomes the home that you grew to love. We will need some help and input from you because it is very important to us that you are happy.

We are in the process of upgrading to newer, faster servers and we hope this will not only fix stability issues but also improve the experience of the site. In addition, we will be removing some of the advertising from the site to further speed it up and improve your overall experience. We realize that any downtime after such a long period of the site being down is unwelcome but we believe that it will be for the better in the long run.

Members of the new support team will be available to answer questions in the following thread: https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/forum-...g-forward.html

Please understand your needs have always been important and will continue to be so. I, in no way ever intended any harm to the site or it’s reputation. I was just dealing with a number of personal issues and I ask for your patience and understanding in this very difficult time. Your support has always been a great source of motivation for me and it is needed now more than ever. Again, thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,


Shari
https://www.puff.com/ Co-Founder
JohnG is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 08:53 PM
Removed per request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,128
           
Re: Puff.com Questions & Answers: Moving Forward

Thank you John!
Kevin Keith is offline  
post #3 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 93
     
Re: Puff.com Questions & Answers: Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Keith View Post
Thank you John!
You are welcome Kevin. I know there was a delay between everyone getting updated as to the reason for the downtime -- so much speculation happened. But as I said, it was of such a personal nature and such a difficult time I hope people can understand the delay. Lets all remember that in the grand scheme of things, family and health are much more important than our hobbies. I know Shari appreciates the support of the community, it means a lot to her and she'll be by here as well to discuss it.
JohnG is offline  
 
post #4 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 08:58 PM
No longer a community member.
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ord
Posts: 3,917
           
Re: Puff.com Questions & Answers: Moving Forward

Our needs are important.......really?

Where the hell were you when the site kept going down leaving business in the air for many of us?

Why was there no explanation about the down times?

Why didn't you communicate with us through Facebook?

Who's in charge now?

What will this website be now....are you going to try to raise it frim the dead?



You say you care but nothing you have done or said proved that or leads me to think that.

Furthermore, you say you care about this place......why?

Because it puts money in your pocket?

You obviously don't care enough to actually come to the website and participate or communicate with the members.

In fact, I've never seen you post......ever.



A little explanation on what happened to puff and what is going to happen to puff is in order.

I will tell you this, if you're in it for the money......no one is going to come here because history repeats itself and we know your not ever going to be here to deal with the things that need to be addressed.
huskers is offline  
post #5 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 09:15 PM
Leading Puffer Fish
 
purepoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Galesburg
Posts: 1,290
           
Re: Puff.com Questions & Answers: Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskers View Post
Our needs are important.......really?

Where the hell were you when the site kept going down leaving business in the air for many of us?

Why was there no explanation about the down times?

Why didn't you communicate with us through Facebook?

Who's in charge now?

What will this website be now....are you going to try to raise it frim the dead?



You say you care but nothing you have done or said proved that or leads me to think that.

Furthermore, you say you care about this place......why?

Because it puts money in your pocket?

You obviously don't care enough to actually come to the website and participate or communicate with the members.

In fact, I've never seen you post......ever.



A little explanation on what happened to puff and what is going to happen to puff is in order.

I will tell you this, if you're in it for the money......no one is going to come here because history repeats itself and we know your not ever going to be here to deal with the things that need to be addressed.
Dude, you're nuts. Hopefully you just get booted from the forum, the forum I've been a part of for many years. The one you participated in and now bashing because a few peoples passes got interrupted. How about, sorry for your loss. We understand how you must be feeling and take your time to get things in order. We'll be here to support the forum once it's back up and running. No, instead you cry like a little 6 year girl. Take your toys and go home!
purepoker is offline  
post #6 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 09:16 PM
Leading Puffer Fish
 
purepoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Galesburg
Posts: 1,290
           
Re: Puff.com Questions & Answers: Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskers View Post
You're running this site for all the wrong reasons.

MONEY.

Only reason you care about the members is because our participation puts money in your pockets.

Good luck making your money, I'm going to a site where the owner actually cares and participates with us.


Good luck.....tongue in cheek.
Good bye, and good riddance. Hopefully you mean it and won't see your silly posts here anymore!
purepoker is offline  
post #7 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 09:20 PM
Leading Puffer Fish
 
purepoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Galesburg
Posts: 1,290
           
Re: Puff.com Questions & Answers: Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskers View Post
**** you. Jon's been gone for a long time now.

Good luck with this shit hole.
Not even the worst behaved child would throw such a silly fit. Leave already, you're true colors are showing and will carry over to the other site!
purepoker is offline  
post #8 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 09:21 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish
 
gtechva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Cana, VA
Posts: 1,870
           
Re: Puff.com Questions & Answers: Moving Forward

John,


Why do new post continue to disappear?

I've been known to give people a piece of my mind. Here lately, I'm questioning if I have enough left to share.
gtechva is offline  
post #9 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 93
     
Re: Puff.com Questions & Answers: Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskers View Post
Our needs are important.......really?

Where the hell were you when the site kept going down leaving business in the air for many of us?

Why was there no explanation about the down times?

Why didn't you communicate with us through Facebook?

Who's in charge now?

What will this website be now....are you going to try to raise it frim the dead?

You say you care but nothing you have done or said proved that or leads me to think that.

Furthermore, you say you care about this place......why?

Because it puts money in your pocket?

You obviously don't care enough to actually come to the website and participate or communicate with the members.

In fact, I've never seen you post......ever.

A little explanation on what happened to puff and what is going to happen to puff is in order.

I will tell you this, if you're in it for the money......no one is going to come here because history repeats itself and we know your not ever going to be here to deal with the things that need to be addressed.
Husker,

I'm not sure where your animosity is coming from. I know that Jon poured his life and soul into this site and that Shari helped out where she could. If you search for the site you'll see that she did a ton behind the scenes, with advertisers, and just supporting Jon and raising the family. Now she lost him. You have to jump onto her case and kick her when she is down? She didn't know the first thing about running the site and servers. So she reached out for help and that's what we are here for. So yes, she did what she needed to do to make sure the site has a future going forward.

Did they make money off the site? Yes, I'm sure they did. And good for them, that is the American way. Did they earn it? Yes, the countless hours they put into the site deserves to be rewarded. Just like you make money at your job I'm sure. You don't consider your pay check charity, you earned it. This site has been free for members and always will be. I'm not sure why you have to put so much hate and vitriol towards the people that created this site that I'm sure you (at least, at one time) enjoyed for free.

The site was down, and that was unfortunate -- but it was not without a good reason. A death in the family, especially one this close, really puts things into perspective.

We can't change what happened in the past. All I can do is tell you that we are doing everything we can to make the site run smooth and improve it and make sure no downtime ever happens again -- or if it does, that we are doing everything in our powers to bring it up as soon as possible.

As far as who is in charge, it is Shari and the team she has put together to help run it going forward (including myself). As you can see -- much of the advertising has been removed from the site. It is important to find a balance between making sure the site pays for itself and making sure the community isn't flooded with advertising. In fact, as far as I can tell there is not a single ad on the site at all (forums) and we are in the process of getting the Content/Reviews area cleaned up as well. It's a big task though between the server move, etc.

Just asking for a bit of patience.
JohnG is offline  
post #10 of 496 Old 02-27-2015, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 93
     
Re: Puff.com Questions & Answers: Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtechva View Post
John,


Why do new post continue to disappear?
Unfortunately I believe that some of the moderators of this site (who have now migrated to another site) were deleting posts and doing everything in their power to ruin the experience here and try to "force" people to go to the other site.

I hate to say it so bluntly, but that is simply what happened.
JohnG is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Tags
puff.com, site help

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome