-

Re: Club Stogie Forum Re-Organization

easier, by far.

"To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 45 Old 03-08-2008, 12:08 AM

Personally i've found it harder. But that could be because certain threads (exp. The Late night thread) have been moved around and i had no idea where they went. Along with the general discussion thread. I voted for "it made it harder" but after thinking about it and realizing its probably just me and need a little bit to get used to it, i wish i could vote for "didn't notice it" i mean i did notice it... but like i've been saying, i think i just need time to adjust. If i was new here, (ok BRAND new) it would be the same as when i joined (couple months ago).

i think there are people on here that didn't like the change so they voted for "it was harder" and at first i was one of them but thats cause i was so used to the old way of things. But give me sometime and i'm sure i'll careless about it as long as the forum and everyone on here are still here!

i know you said not to say this... but great job with the forum paul and all the mods!
post #13 of 45 Old 03-08-2008, 12:57 AM
has moved on

I like the new format better in terms of organization. The only thing I find a little confusing are the "General Discussion" and "Banter / Conversation" forums. What's the difference between the two - when would you post in one and when in the other? They seem somewhat redundant.

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and mental illness.

post #14 of 45 Old 03-08-2008, 01:42 AM
No longer a community member.

Send a message via AIM to Da Klugs

I have disliked the sub forum arrangement for the most "mainstream" forums.

Think the following should be primary forums:

Habanos lounge
Non Habanos Lounge (Silly name but I don't have a better suggestion)

Habanos Reviews
Non-Habanos Reviews

The reasoning being you get a last post/topic showing in each from the main forum page.

But I'm easy. Well not like when I was younger.
post #15 of 45 Old 03-08-2008, 01:53 AM
Moo-ism translator, Esq

I certainly find navigation to be easier, especially in the Everything but..forums. But I also hear Klugs' comment concerning the Lounges and Revew forums, but that could be said about any grouping for sub-forums based on any individuals favorites. So I voted GOOD. The fact that it grates on Dave is simply a bonus

Reserved for future use....
post #16 of 45 Old 03-08-2008, 02:05 AM
No longer a community member.

Send a message via AIM to Da Klugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanS View Post
I certainly find navigation to be easier, especially in the Everything but..forums. But I also hear Klugs' comment concerning the Lounges and Revew forums, but that could be said about any grouping for sub-forums based on any individuals favorites. So I voted GOOD. The fact that it grates on Dave is simply a bonus
You know what the brand new database said to it's source of information?
post #17 of 45 Old 03-08-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
I have disliked the sub forum arrangement for the most "mainstream" forums.

Think the following should be primary forums:

Habanos lounge
Non Habanos Lounge (Silly name but I don't have a better suggestion)

Habanos Reviews
Non-Habanos Reviews

The reasoning being you get a last post/topic showing in each from the main forum page.

But I'm easy. Well not like when I was younger.

I'm in full agreement with Da Klugs. Also, a large number of sub-forums means there are no longer obvious "focal points" of CS where everyone (newbs and FOGs alike) can interact and talk. Threads that might be of interest will get missed, because most people won't have time to trawl all the other sub-forums regularly.

I personally have always hung out in All Cigar Lounge and Habanos, so will continue to stay and post in those forums despite perhaps losing some interesting threads and traffic. I'll occasionally check the other 45+ (!!!) forums and sub-forums, but usually only if I want some specific info or I've got a lot of time on my hands.

Hope my POV helps. And anyway, if CS is going to stay this way I don't really mind because it's the people who make a community, not the layout. :tu
post #18 of 45 Old 03-08-2008, 08:59 AM
International SOB

I really didn't notice the change at first but when looking for something it was moved I thouigh I was going more nuts but after a little pecking and hunting to find it and that's just the way I do things I found it easier.I agree with Big Waved that a cheat sheet should become a sticky for new nebies and people who don't visit the site very often.A one pager or an organizational map would be helpful for placement of new threads.
Thanks as always for the MODS hard work:tu

" Fish Hard, Sailfast, Shoot Straight, and save time for the Important Things In Life "
post #19 of 45 Old 03-08-2008, 09:10 AM

In the Everything But Cigars category, I'm not sure if there will end up being a lot of difference between General Discussion and Banter and Conversation. I like the expanded coffee category, even though I don't post there a lot. On the cigar-specific forums, the change was not that big and looks fine to me.
post #20 of 45 Old 03-08-2008, 10:36 AM

Paul,

Good idea renaming Cigar Lounge to Non-Habanos. Be careful of narrowing the categories too much and ending up with a bazillion mini-forums. I don't think that has happened here yet but if there are too many categories I find that I get "tired" of clicking on another category to see what is in it (my experience in other forums). I do like the organization done in the Everything But section to separate out B'Day wishes, etc. FYI - I like change (which is probably why I am always looking for a cigar I haven't tried when I open my cooler/humi) :tu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
club, forum, reorganization, stogie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page