Grand Theft Auto V - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 52 Old 09-15-2013, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Maturing Puffer Fish

Grand Theft Auto V

Anyone else pre-order GTA V and/or anxiously waiting for the 09/17 release date? I pre-ordered for the PS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 Old 09-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Maturing Puffer Fish

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Monkey View Post
Anyone else pre-order GTA V and/or anxiously waiting for the 09/17 release date? I pre-ordered for the PS3
Lol I am so looking forward for tomorrow. I get to work at gamestop, and sell all of you guys that new game at midnight. HEHE But actually dude I hope everyone enjoys the game :3 it looks fun.!!!
post #3 of 52 Old 09-15-2013, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane R;[URL="javascript:dialecticDial('3899458');"
3899458[/URL]]Lol I am so looking forward for tomorrow. I get to work at gamestop, and sell all of you guys that new game at midnight. HEHE But actually dude I hope everyone enjoys the game :3 it looks fun.!!!
Does gamestop stay open from midnight to the regular closing time? Or do they close after a few hours? I would imagine that there is a big rush at midnight and after an hour or two hardly anyone would be coming in.

I was thinking about going in at midnight to pickup the game but I really don't see myself playing the game in the wee hours of the morning. I gotta figure out when my local gamestop opens in the morning. Hoping it will be 7:00 to 8:00 am and then I will pick it before going to work, THEN decide if I am going to work!

post #4 of 52 Old 09-15-2013, 10:58 PM
Aussie Puffer

I pre ordered it for the 360, picking it up tomorrow. The game looks epic!.

Cheers-
Dazz

Tobacco is a dirty weed. I like it.
post #5 of 52 Old 09-15-2013, 11:38 PM
Maturing Puffer Fish

What we do is for big games, Like gta. We start our presales at 6. this means you pay off your game as if you would be picking it up, and then you go do what ever you want. Your reciept will have a number. That is your spot in line, NOT REALLY lol..!! Now we have some people working outside and inside. They get the games ready for sale, and then at around 12 we start handing out games. Then you go play your game, smash it on the ground ( I did it one year for call of duty, got a warrenty on it, Back before I worked at gamestop.) Or sleep. THen we clean up. Now this is what I noticed just from not working. This will be my first midnight I get to work !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Monkey View Post
Does gamestop stay open from midnight to the regular closing time? Or do they close after a few hours? I would imagine that there is a big rush at midnight and after an hour or two hardly anyone would be coming in.

I was thinking about going in at midnight to pickup the game but I really don't see myself playing the game in the wee hours of the morning. I gotta figure out when my local gamestop opens in the morning. Hoping it will be 7:00 to 8:00 am and then I will pick it before going to work, THEN decide if I am going to work!
post #6 of 52 Old 09-28-2013, 08:58 PM
Aussie Puffer

For anyone here that is thinking of buying GTA5, don't do it!. I played 10 hours of the game over the space of a week and it was painful, boring, slow, unlikeable characters, terrible story etc. It has nothing over GTA4.

My Advice, Save your money for either another game or some nice cigars.

Cheers-
Dazz

Tobacco is a dirty weed. I like it.
post #7 of 52 Old 09-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Hah, I'm surprised I haven't seen this thread, I was about to ask on this forum if anyone else was playing it!

I think it is pretty awesome, I think people try to rush through it, which is easy. One review I agreed with said: "take a minute, relax and enjoy the incredible scenery and detail that was put into the game. Don't rush, the map is huge and there is TONS to do."

Enjoy it as an awesome piece of entertainment, and have a good time doing it.
I'm looking forward to trying to get 100% in this game!
post #8 of 52 Old 09-29-2013, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazz View Post
For anyone here that is thinking of buying GTA5, don't do it!. I played 10 hours of the game over the space of a week and it was painful, boring, slow, unlikeable characters, terrible story etc. It has nothing over GTA4.

My Advice, Save your money for either another game or some nice cigars.

Cheers-
Dazz
I am really enjoying the game. I didn't play GTA 4 so everything is fresh to me. I played Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and GTA 5 is a huge improvement. One mission in GTA 5 takes you to Grove Street and I had flashbacks to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. During my reminiscing, I thought it would be fun to steal the purple car while 12 guys wearing purple were around....BIG MISTAKE. Barely got into the car before I had to restart.

And speaking of guys wearing purple, it's not a good time to confuse the brake button with the drive by shooting button while driving through a neighborhood of purple wearing guys....another restart.
post #9 of 52 Old 09-30-2013, 12:02 AM
The G.O.A.T.

I love this game! Imho, its better than gta 4 in every way possible. Particularly the characters. The missions are more varied -no more following a car around. They can also be played from multiple character's perpsective. The world ismuch more interesting. It feels alive.

"I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting." - Michael Jordan
post #10 of 52 Old 09-30-2013, 12:26 AM
Heavy Puffer

I've been enjoying this game a lot too, it just has a better feel to it than past GTA's. The mechanics are awesome.

“While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page