Death Stranding - Page 4 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 53 Old 08-22-2019, 03:20 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby-cr View Post
Apparently he's showing more at the Tokyo Game Show which starts September 11th. The game's release date is November 8th though. He's said the game is in the final stages right now. I still think they are going to delay the release and have it be released as a PS5 launch title. This is just one of the many theories going around and it's one of the best I watched. It's an hour long though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc9-z0mUlEA&t=1347s

I got about 45 minutes into the video and I intend to watch the rest. The video is really interesting and the guy goes into some serious detail. I want to know what his final idea is, it sounds like he's saying that death stranding is a sequel to Silent Hills. I would guess that the big reveal would be that this is a brand new IP from Kojima, as opposed to a sequel. If the themes and ideas around the story are similar, that could be because Kojima writes about what he knows and likes. He probably borrows from himself, from his own style that he's developed, which is why that cinematic in Silent Hills is similar to the one in Death Stranding (where Norman Reedus wakes up). Kojima has certain techniques that he likes ie an intro scene where a guy wakes up, close up of the eyes, etc. Spielberg uses a lot of the same techniques in most of his movies, sometimes shot per shot. A lot of guyes do that. I don't know, or I'm talking out of my bottom.

I was also thinking, Kojima has to be under a tremendous amount of pressure to make something good. So while you want to make something new an innovative, you also can use what you already know works. So that might be why there are similarities between DS and Silent Hills. But now I've overthought this lol But I am fascinated.
Gumby-cr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 53 Old 08-22-2019, 04:12 PM
The Great Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBrody15 View Post
I got about 45 minutes into the video and I intend to watch the rest. The video is really interesting and the guy goes into some serious detail. I want to know what his final idea is, it sounds like he's saying that death stranding is a sequel to Silent Hills. I would guess that the big reveal would be that this is a brand new IP from Kojima, as opposed to a sequel. If the themes and ideas around the story are similar, that could be because Kojima writes about what he knows and likes. He probably borrows from himself, from his own style that he's developed, which is why that cinematic in Silent Hills is similar to the one in Death Stranding (where Norman Reedus wakes up). Kojima has certain techniques that he likes ie an intro scene where a guy wakes up, close up of the eyes, etc. Spielberg uses a lot of the same techniques in most of his movies, sometimes shot per shot. A lot of guyes do that. I don't know, or I'm talking out of my bottom.

I was also thinking, Kojima has to be under a tremendous amount of pressure to make something good. So while you want to make something new an innovative, you also can use what you already know works. So that might be why there are similarities between DS and Silent Hills. But now I've overthought this lol But I am fascinated.
I just hope whenever it comes out it's in final and finished form. After the MGSV debacle I'm still a bit soured. There was supposed to be an Act 3 but it was cut short due to time/budget. He's had Moby Dick in many of his games too so I'm curious as to that. I can't find the trailer at the moment but there is one action shot that looked promising but everything else has just looked so barren and devoid of much. With the days of the internet leak his studio must be VERY faithful not to leak anything much by now.
post #33 of 53 Old 08-23-2019, 02:15 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
I just hope whenever it comes out it's in final and finished form. After the MGSV debacle I'm still a bit soured. There was supposed to be an Act 3 but it was cut short due to time/budget. He's had Moby Dick in many of his games too so I'm curious as to that. I can't find the trailer at the moment but there is one action shot that looked promising but everything else has just looked so barren and devoid of much. With the days of the internet leak his studio must be VERY faithful not to leak anything much by now.

It's pretty masterful the way he places things throughout his games, like the Moby Dick reference. The white whale is washed up on the beach with other sealife. Not many folks would notice that. November isn't that far away, you'd hope they would have some solid, working gameplay that they just aren't showing us, as opposed to unfinished stuff that they can't show.

post #34 of 53 Old 09-12-2019, 05:09 PM
The Great Green One

It's looking like this is going to be a HUGE game. The whole USA as a map???
post #35 of 53 Old 09-12-2019, 10:56 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

They lost me once the monster ghosts showed up lol It got a little chaotic.
Gumby-cr likes this.
post #36 of 53 Old 09-12-2019, 10:57 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

more of a fps myself, but looks interesting
Gumby-cr and JohnBrody15 like this.

Tact is for people who arenít witty enough to use sarcasm...
post #37 of 53 Old 09-29-2019, 10:30 AM
The Great Green One

Pic of the limited PS4 Pro system that's being released.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	259580  

post #38 of 53 Old 09-29-2019, 10:31 AM
The Great Green One

And one more
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	death-stranding-limited-edition-ps4-pro.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	259582  

JohnBrody15 likes this.
post #39 of 53 Old 09-29-2019, 11:05 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
And one more
have you tried the scuf vantage controller? thinking on getting one for the shadowkeep release. bought the orion but is junk

Tact is for people who arenít witty enough to use sarcasm...
post #40 of 53 Old 09-29-2019, 04:30 PM
The Great Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcziggy View Post
have you tried the scuf vantage controller? thinking on getting one for the shadowkeep release. bought the orion but is junk
No. Just use regular PS4 controllers. I got an elite xbox one controller though and it fell apart after a years use. Those controllers are 200 dollars. I'm glad I got the extended warranty on it. The rubber on the back fell apart and the x button started sticking. I took good care of it too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page