LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 53 Old 10-30-2019, 09:34 PM
The Great Green One

Launch Trailer...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 53 Old 10-30-2019, 11:10 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Thats wild stuff....I re-watched the MGSV phantom pain release trailer and it was even more vague about gameplay. Maybe that's just Kojima's style.
post #43 of 53 Old 11-12-2019, 05:57 PM
The Great Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBrody15 View Post
Thats wild stuff....I re-watched the MGSV phantom pain release trailer and it was even more vague about gameplay. Maybe that's just Kojima's style.
Finally getting around to picking this up later tonight and start playing. I only read one spoiler free short review and supposedly it doesn't get going until the 8 hour mark Hopefully that means it's a 100+ hour game then.

post #44 of 53 Old 11-12-2019, 10:36 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby-cr View Post
Finally getting around to picking this up later tonight and start playing. I only read one spoiler free short review and supposedly it doesn't get going until the 8 hour mark Hopefully that means it's a 100+ hour game then.
lol, yeah, from what I've read, that sounds about right. We've got the new Star Wars game coming out in a few days too, save some time for that
Gumby-cr and JtAv8tor like this.
post #45 of 53 Old 11-13-2019, 05:06 AM
The Great Green One

Quote:
lol, yeah, from what I've read, that sounds about right. We've got the new Star Wars game coming out in a few days too, save some time for that
Put about five hours into Death Stranding so far and it does start SLOW. I need to make a sheet with what every button combination does too already. There are so many commands and moves you can do. Next game I want is Shenmue III. Only been waiting almost 20 years now for the next chapter to come out
post #46 of 53 Old 11-13-2019, 06:15 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Put about five hours into Death Stranding so far and it does start SLOW. I need to make a sheet with what every button combination does too already. There are so many commands and moves you can do. Next game I want is Shenmue III. Only been waiting almost 20 years now for the next chapter to come out

I did read some spoiler reviews but I won't say anything. I heard the way you manage your gear has to be pretty precise to maintain balance, I'm sure you've already experienced that. Enjoy it though, I'm sure I'll play it at some point.
Gumby-cr likes this.
post #47 of 53 Old 11-13-2019, 06:28 PM
The Great Green One

Quote:
I did read some spoiler reviews but I won't say anything. I heard the way you manage your gear has to be pretty precise to maintain balance, I'm sure you've already experienced that. Enjoy it though, I'm sure I'll play it at some point.
I fell down a hill once so far. Not only can you carry items on your back but also your shoulders,arms,waist. You can carry an extra pair of boots for different terrains. Everything gets damaged too out in the wild. Playing this on a HDR 4k monitor it's fantastic looking. When your BB (baby) that you are carrying gets scared the cries come out through the controller. Freaked me out a bit the first time it happened
post #48 of 53 Old 11-13-2019, 06:38 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

I've been watching someone play this on Twitch for about 8 hours so far. It's not really the game for me. It looks like a FedEx delivery simulator, with a baby, a crappy motorcycle, and weird demons that follow you but loose interest if you get to far away from them.

Win or lose, we booze.
post #49 of 53 Old 11-15-2019, 08:22 PM
The Great Green One

Made it to chapter 5 today. I checked my gameplay time and I'm at 33 hours. I played for 10 hours straight last night. I haven't done that in a game for a LONG time. The amount of gadgets that you start to unlock make travel much easier. I can see how this game isn't for everyone but I'm loving it To me this game is like a breath of fresh air compared to most other games. Turning out to be game of the decade for myself. I do enjoy weird games though.
post #50 of 53 Old 11-16-2019, 12:41 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Made it to chapter 5 today. I checked my gameplay time and I'm at 33 hours. I played for 10 hours straight last night. I haven't done that in a game for a LONG time. The amount of gadgets that you start to unlock make travel much easier. I can see how this game isn't for everyone but I'm loving it To me this game is like a breath of fresh air compared to most other games. Turning out to be game of the decade for myself. I do enjoy weird games though.

Reading the reviews and the comments after the reviews, people are polarized for sure....love it or hate it. My overall thought was the game would be tedious. But, I also got the sense that it gets better the farther you go, but that takes a long time. Some of the highlights that I've read about, that I'm sure you've seen, everyone is talking about the multiplayer aspect, where people can drop stuff in game to help other players. And seems like later on in the game, the combat feels like MGSPP.
Gumby-cr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page