Death Stranding - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 Old 12-16-2018, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
No longer a community member.

Death Stranding

Anyone else stoked for when Death Stranding finally gets released? I've been checking the interwebs on a regular basis looking for any update or new footage since I found out about the game a couple of years ago. Looks like it's going to be intense and mind-bending. I mean, Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen, Guillermo del Toro, and a host of other big names all staring, and created by Hideo Kojima... Amazing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/96TGU5_8QWs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Alrightdriver likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 Old 12-16-2018, 06:48 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

I didn't know about it before, but with the names attached, especially mads and kojima. It now has my interest.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
Sine_Qua_Non likes this.
post #3 of 53 Old 12-16-2018, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrightdriver View Post
I didn't know about it before, but with the names attached, especially mads and kojima. It now has my interest.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
It's been a very slow trickle of info from Kojima Studios. They did a big reveal a couple years back at E3 with the first trailer, and then just piecemeal stuff here and there. Considering the effort he puts into anything he creates, I have no doubt that this game will be nothing short of amazing. And with the Decima engine that was created for Horizon: Zero Dawn, it's going to be beautiful and mesmerizing to look at.

I have a feeling that it doesn't have a release date because it would make an amazing PS5 release title. I could be wrong, but the signs are pointing in that direction.

post #4 of 53 Old 03-03-2019, 08:51 PM
The Great Green One

I've been a huge Kojima fan since the first MGS (I have a few tattoos of them). Anyways, as much as I want this to come out this year I HIGHLY doubt it happening. Like you said earlier it will probably be a PS5 or whatever they call there new system launch title. Kojima has been really quiet about it. He sure has plenty of time to be on twitter though posing with celebs though
I really want Death Stranding to succeed but I'm not jumping on the hype train until I know its not a walking simulator or a tech demo for a new graphics engine. I'm still very bitter how Konami treated the whole ordeal with him leaving also.
post #5 of 53 Old 03-03-2019, 09:26 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Wow the graphics look amazing. Will definitely keep an out for news on this one

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I am not too sure?
post #6 of 53 Old 03-03-2019, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby-cr View Post
I've been a huge Kojima fan since the first MGS (I have a few tattoos of them). Anyways, as much as I want this to come out this year I HIGHLY doubt it happening. Like you said earlier it will probably be a PS5 or whatever they call there new system launch title. Kojima has been really quiet about it. He sure has plenty of time to be on twitter though posing with celebs though
I really want Death Stranding to succeed but I'm not jumping on the hype train until I know its not a walking simulator or a tech demo for a new graphics engine. I'm still very bitter how Konami treated the whole ordeal with him leaving also.
It's not a tech demo in the least. Kojima is using the Decima engine that Guerrilla developed for Horizon: Zero Dawn, and it's been improved upon even since that amazing game was developed. I'm not sure how the gameplay will be, but the story seems guaranteed to be epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanzaVerde View Post
Wow the graphics look amazing. Will definitely keep an out for news on this one
I check about once a week for any new updates. Hopefully this thing will drop later this year, haha.
post #7 of 53 Old 03-03-2019, 11:50 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

That would be awesome. Will definitely be checking with you now
Sine_Qua_Non likes this.

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I am not too sure?
post #8 of 53 Old 05-29-2019, 02:10 PM
The Great Green One

A release date and new trailer

post #9 of 53 Old 05-29-2019, 02:30 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Looks really awesome, too bad it's a PS4 exclusive. I have an Xbox and PC
post #10 of 53 Old 05-29-2019, 02:32 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

I didn't know about this game but I'm glad I do now. I've only played MGS The Phantom Pain, and that game was amazing. The story was pretty wacky, but the gameplay was outstanding. I just hope this one isn't a playstation exclusive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page