Original Cubans & Free Cuba - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 04-01-2009, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
No longer a community member.

Send a message via AIM to Nickerson
Talking Original Cubans & Free Cuba

Just wondering if anyone has tried these? They both had some good reviews on CI, but, most the people who write reviews there are a inches short of retarded.

I'm looking for a cheap but good daily smoke.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...sp?item=CS-XXA
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...sp?item=CS-FCA

Anyone try these or have other recommendations?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Zen Master ZingTwang

Re: Original Cubans & Free Cuba

I got a bundle of the Original Cubans on Cbid once. They are OK at best, a little musty and short on flavor. Never tried the other brand.

I like the Perdomo 826 Slow Aged and the ESV '91 seconds which can be had on auction at good prices. Both are fairly mild like the Original Cubans but way better tasting.
Also, look for the Value Line Honuran 500 from Famous, sometimes they are on Cigar Monster and the FSS auction site. All three wrappers are good with the Havana natural wrapper being the best. Also the Honduran 5000 from Famous is nice.
La Vieja Havana is a good smoke for a good price.

There is a thread on here that lists the cheap smokes and it's a classic guide to cheaper cigars, I just can't remember the title of it.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-01-2009, 09:46 PM

there it is
https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/genera...b-starter.html

post #4 of 8 Old 04-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Twang-a-lang

There are some classic reviews of Free Cuba on this forum. I still laugh when reading them.

The general consensus seems to be STAY AWAY!

CI has a lot of bargain-basement crap blends that they distribute that they can make sound like a great deal in their catalog...but having smoked my share of shitty cigars, I wouldn't soon go back.

That said, if you try them and absolutely like them, then go for it. Only you can really decide what floats your boat.
post #5 of 8 Old 04-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
I got a bundle of the Original Cubans on Cbid once. They are OK at best, a little musty and short on flavor. Never tried the other brand.

I like the Perdomo 826 Slow Aged and the ESV '91 seconds which can be had on auction at good prices. Both are fairly mild like the Original Cubans but way better tasting.
Also, look for the Value Line Honuran 500 from Famous, sometimes they are on Cigar Monster and the FSS auction site. All three wrappers are good with the Havana natural wrapper being the best. Also the Honduran 5000 from Famous is nice.
La Vieja Havana is a good smoke for a good price.

There is a thread on here that lists the cheap smokes and it's a classic guide to cheaper cigars, I just can't remember the title of it.

I too like the ESV seconds. I get the 15 bundle everytime that CI has them as the daily special or Joe's Jumbie.... 15 sticks @ about $2 each plus free shipping can't be beat.
post #6 of 8 Old 04-01-2009, 11:14 PM
I am my brothers keeper!

I bought some Original Cubans a few weeks ago and smoked one right outta the package......not recommended..wasnt bad but wasnt good. I think it may get better with time. Im gonna let em sit for a few months and see what happens.

I am my brothers keeper.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Zen Master ZingTwang

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder View Post
I bought some Original Cubans a few weeks ago and smoked one right outta the package......not recommended..wasnt bad but wasnt good. I think it may get better with time. Im gonna let em sit for a few months and see what happens.
Sad to say mine haven't improved much with time. But they have not gotten any worse. You are exactly right---not bad, not good.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-02-2009, 12:15 AM
I am my brothers keeper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
Sad to say mine haven't improved much with time. But they have not gotten any worse. You are exactly right---not bad, not good.
really sad cause I read some decent reviews on them before I snagged them. Oh well....at least they were only $30 and not $200 a box! Now i have something to give to my wifes friends when they come over. keep the good stuff for me!

I am my brothers keeper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cuba, cubans, free, original

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page