Padilla 1932 Oscuro Salomon - no longer available? - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 02-05-2010, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Padilla 1932 Oscuro Salomon - no longer available?

I never had one, and sounds like I never will.
I'm amongst the BOTL's here that have a C-Bid problem. I always have to have some sort of action on the site every week. Well, the shipment I recieved from my mid January lots had a single Padilla 1932 Oscuro Salomon I won for $8 on back order. I had a couple more shipments sent, but no Padilla. I called to check on this and they said that they would ship one out when they got more in.
I got a call today from C-Bid letting me know that they cannot fulfill the order and that the stick is no longer available. Considering the amount of dough I drop on C-Bid and CI, I did not take the news that great.
I have give their customer service a lot of credit, because the gal was super nice to me although I was being salty at the time. She asked if she can do anything to make this better, and is sending me an Opus X Perfecxion No. 2 for the $8. In my mind they did more than make good on this.
I'm a big fan of the regular Padilla 1932's, probably my favorite cigar, so I was looking forward to trying the Salomon.
So to you guys that have a Padilla 1932 Oscuro Salomon, enjoy my brothers...
And if they happen to resurface on one of the retail sites, please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Re: Padilla 1932 Oscuro Salomon - no longer available?

These are interesting. They were going for 70-75 a fiver on the devil site. Joecigar did a jam that had them $40 for 10. I jumped on that. It solded out in 1 minute. I only have smoked one and it was good, but it had burn issues. I have had burn issues on most of the 32's, but I still love them. I am a 32 whore. For the money, I don't think that you can beat them (the regular 32's)... That is my wife's favorite (she rarely smokes). The only other one she will enjoy is the Tat petite tat. Goes great with dark rum and Dr pepper.

PM me your addy and I' shoot a couple your way.

Jeff
post #3 of 13 Old 02-05-2010, 04:51 PM
ChiefSmokemIfYouGotEm

Location: I live in two different states....Confusion and Disoriented.

I'd take an Opus over the Salomon any day of the week. The Salomon was a decent cigar but if they didn't make them anymore I wouldn't have a fit over it.

Busting balls since 1954.
My Indian Name...Lives For Cigars

post #4 of 13 Old 02-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
I'd take an Opus over the Salomon any day of the week. The Salomon was a decent cigar but if they didn't make them anymore I wouldn't have a fit over it.
Agreed...
post #5 of 13 Old 02-05-2010, 05:24 PM
No longer a community member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley33 View Post
These are interesting. They were going for 70-75 a fiver on the devil site. Joecigar did a jam that had them $40 for 10. I jumped on that. It solded out in 1 minute. I only have smoked one and it was good, but it had burn issues. I have had burn issues on most of the 32's, but I still love them. I am a 32 whore. For the money, I don't think that you can beat them (the regular 32's)... That is my wife's favorite (she rarely smokes). The only other one she will enjoy is the Tat petite tat. Goes great with dark rum and Dr pepper.

Jeff
pretty sure these went for $45, not 40.

and just for future reference (and no offence), but it's "it sold out"; "solded" isn't a word. just looking out, wouldn't want someone to say that in public lol.
post #6 of 13 Old 02-05-2010, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley33 View Post

Jeff
Thanks Jeff!
Good to hear from another "regular" 1932 freak. I have to agree that I've had burn issues also, but I don't let it affect my experience. These will always be on the top of my list. Not only is it impressive that your better-half smokes, but she has great taste in sticks too.
Appreciate the offer!
post #7 of 13 Old 02-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNthusiast View Post
pretty sure these went for $45, not 40.

and just for future reference (and no offence), but it's "it sold out"; "solded" isn't a word. just looking out, wouldn't want someone to say that in public lol.
45 sounds right. I just know that they were cheaper than what the devil site was doing.

No offense taken. I re-read the post before I did the post and it didn't look correct, but I moved on. Cheers!
post #8 of 13 Old 02-05-2010, 08:38 PM

I have 4 of the 5 Oscuro Salomons left after my buddy and I split the CI deal. The one I smoked was very enjoyable. My buddy has been desperatley looking for more, also to no avail. I told him he should try the regular1932s to see if he likes them as much. For those that have smoked the Oscuros and the regular 1932s, how do they compare in taste?
post #9 of 13 Old 02-05-2010, 09:37 PM
ChiefSmokemIfYouGotEm

Location: I live in two different states....Confusion and Disoriented.

I've smoked both of them and the regular 1932's are more consistant which is why they are big sellers. In this day and age and even manufacturers will tell you that if you can make a cigar consistant you have won half the battle. The Oscuros I have had went from really good all the way down to just "ok" and that isn't good enough for me to keep investing in this cigar. Conversely, I have had boxes of 1932 Churchills, Robustos and they always score at least an 8 out of 10 and that is consistant. As tough as it is to find the Oscuro it just isn't worth the money to track them down and pay the price they are asking even if you can find it.

Busting balls since 1954.
My Indian Name...Lives For Cigars
post #10 of 13 Old 02-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdkimer View Post
thanks jeff!
Good to hear from another "regular" 1932 freak. I have to agree that i've had burn issues also, but i don't let it affect my experience. These will always be on the top of my list. Not only is it impressive that your better-half smokes, but she has great taste in sticks too.
Appreciate the offer!

dc# 0309 3220 0000 9347 5526
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
1932, longer, oscuro, padilla, salomon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page