La Aurora 100 Anos new sizes vs. original - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 03-10-2010, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

La Aurora 100 Anos new sizes vs. original

Hey guys looking to see what some of you think.

A year or so ago I smoked the 100 Anos in the robusto and belicosa sizes. They each had a separate band on them with a serial number. According to my notes and memory they were both very good but not exceptional considering the price ($14).

Last week I tried the perfecto that is a newer addition. It did not have a serial number band on it, and from what I was told that size plus the lancero are the last two releases from the tobacco crop that was used for the 100 Anos. Since these were made from a blend of tobacco from previous vitolas they are not considered "limited" and therefore do carry serial numbers, even though the amount produced it equal or less then the original sizes.

I MUCH preferred the perfecto and even got a second one to confirm my opinion. I think I am now going to try a get a lancero to see if it was more the shape or it the tobacco blend is in fact different.

What do you BOTL think? Has anyone had the lancero? Does anyone know how long these will be around or if my info is accurate? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-10-2010, 02:04 AM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Re: La Aurora 100 Anos new sizes vs. original

Haven't smoked one, wouldn't know.

But man, we need a Spanish letter keyboard on here. Considering "Años" is years, and "Anos" is anuses. Sorry, didn't mean to thread hijack, I just giggled to myself at the thread title when I saw it.

Continue.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Ghost to da Post

I bought a box of the Belicoso's in '07 and just smoked 1 yesterday (on my b-day) and that sumabitch took the top of my head off, what a b-day buzz. They still need age and I left them in the cellophane and I think this is slowing their aging. I smoked a 5 year old in '09 that my brother gave me and it was very similar to an Opus in taste, I guess seeing that they are both Dominican Puros, so I plan on putting a minimum of 5 more years on mine.

Never underestimate the angle of the slope

post #4 of 8 Old 03-10-2010, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

Thanks. I thought they may age well. I might just have to try and find a box.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Young Puffer Fish

Guys, glad that you liked them, the Perfecto and the Lancero were made with the same Tobacco, we made these two sizes becuase a lot of people would ask, how would it taste in this shape or that shappe, so we had some tobacco left not a lot and made, both scored well and people have enjoyed, the sad part never to :mrgreen:be made again, no more tobacco of the original, enjoy as you find them, have a great weekend guys.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-13-2010, 12:57 PM
No longer a community member.

I was dieing for a Lancero in this blend and I LOVE IT!!

Will be picking up a few more..wish I could afford a couple boxes but alas..I cant...

Shawn
post #7 of 8 Old 03-13-2010, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by la aurora View Post
Guys, glad that you liked them, the Perfecto and the Lancero were made with the same Tobacco, we made these two sizes becuase a lot of people would ask, how would it taste in this shape or that shappe, so we had some tobacco left not a lot and made, both scored well and people have enjoyed, the sad part never to :mrgreen:be made again, no more tobacco of the original, enjoy as you find them, have a great weekend guys.

Thank you so much for that info. One more question, was the blend in the Perfecto & Lancero DIFFERENT then the blend in the "original" size. I like the perfecto much better I am wondering if it b/c of the size or if the blend is different. Thanks!
post #8 of 8 Old 03-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Young Puffer Fish

Deep, they were all made with the same tobacco, what happens that the smoke will be different because of size and shape, now don't get me wrong I think they are all good and nice, but the perfecto and the lancero are the ones i like the best, just the opinion of an old man, hope this helps, and to be honest as you know all cigars do not aged well, but this is a good example of a cigar that with age just gets better.:mrgreen:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
100, anos, aurora, original, sizes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page