Original release of LFD Factory Press?? - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 05-02-2010, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Alpha Puffer Fish

Original release of LFD Factory Press??

I've got a LFD Factory Press in my humi that I believe to be quite old. My B&M had 2 left a few months ago, and I bought one (should have bought both, but didn't have the cash ) I was reading about these the other day, and noticed that it seems as though the releases have been numbered since the original release ie. Factory Press II, FP III and so on...

Mine just says Factory Press, and looks pretty plumed out actually. The plume and the old band with the flower on it is what made me pick it up in the first place, even before I knew much about the brand. Anyone know the approximate age of this thang? I think it's getting torched as soon as my nose recovers from my excessive retrohaling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Incoming Opinion!!!

Re: Original release of LFD Factory Press??

I think it's 2005, but i wasn't a cigar smoker then... so I can't be sure.

This Space For Rent
post #3 of 10 Old 05-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

pics? let's see this bad boy.

post #4 of 10 Old 05-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Waterlogged Puffer Fish

I picked up one of these the other day, but its a Factory Press II:

Here is some background info on the original and II releases:

http://www.stogiefresh.com/journal/S...-Limitado.html
post #5 of 10 Old 05-02-2010, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Alpha Puffer Fish

Cool! Mine must be an original release, so I guess I've actually made the official transition between rest and age on this guy. I'd take a pic, but I'm trying to keep the humi closed at the moment. It's a bit on the warm side inside my house, so trying to keep things cool in the ole humi. I'll be sure to take pics when it goes up in flames though. I suspect it's gonna be a good one, and I'll probably be kicking myself even more that I didn't buy the other one.

Seems my B&M likes to completely run out of certain brands before re-stocking. This is kinda nice, since it leads to old cigars sitting around in their walk-in. Still, I'd prefer they kept some things in stock!
post #6 of 10 Old 05-07-2010, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Alpha Puffer Fish

Nubbin this guy right now! Sorry, no pics, camera needs rechargin. Suffice it to say the last 5 years has been good to this cigar...

Opened with nice charcoal, wood, chocolate, and an overwhelming note of cherry! Cherry carried through the first third with the other flavors coming in and out, and tons of chocolate aroma. Think freshly baked brownies... A bit of tongue coating spice as well..

Second third was all about the chocolate and wood notes, but the cherry returned at the end of the third. Really complex cigar, and I'm wishing I had a humi full.

The last third is becoming nutty, with the above flavors moving in and out of the picture, but the cherry is all but gone here.

Only complaint is the burn sucks! Seems that the press is coming unpressed as the cigar burns. It's burned all over the place, canoed, and even tunneled a bit before I got the right puffing rhythm on this thing down. I think time may have been kinder to the press on this smoke if it had stayed in it's press box, and I've seen this happen with other box pressed cigars as time passes. Still, the flavors more than make up for having to babysit this one a bit. It was an absolute pleasure to smoke this cigar, and having now tasted two LFD's with a good amount of age on them (this and a DL Churchill especial with the pigtail) I am seeing a vinotemp of some sort in my future to put sticks away for the distant future's enjoyment.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Nee "Tashaz"

Thanks for the review Landis. I have 5 of the original LFD FP's sitting that I bought from HavanaJohn & havent fired one yet. Nice to know they live up to their hype. :mrgreen:

Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.
post #8 of 10 Old 05-08-2010, 01:11 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

i was thinking 5 years myself as well.
post #9 of 10 Old 05-08-2010, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Alpha Puffer Fish

Yup, the flavor was on point! Just don't let your lighter get too far away.... And be prepared to pay more attention to puffing more often. Who knows? Yours may burn perfectly though!
post #10 of 10 Old 05-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Highland Park SingleMalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
i was thinking 5 years myself as well.
Sam that long?

FOR THE ATTENTION OF ALL SMOKING SINNERS, ENJOY YOUR SMOKE OR YOU WILL FEEL THE RAPH OF THE GODS!! THIS GUY GOING LOCO :der: :sorry: (((((FTA O ASS))))) :der:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
factory, lfd, original, press, release

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page