Different Liga Privada no. 9 Oscuro Wrappers - Page 3 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 112 Old 05-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Invading Grabber Robot

Re: Different Liga Privada no. 9 Oscuro Wrappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poneill272 View Post
Read this page carefully, it may help answer your question.

Liga Privada No. 9 Cigars ~ Liga Privada No. 9 Cigars by Drew Estate in Belicoso Oscuro, Corona Doble, Parejo Oscuro, and Robusto Oscuro Formats Are Available in Boxes and Singles at Milan Tobacconists

What it basically bois down to is, the lp9 is a Puro, and the parejo is a toro vitola. With that said, all of mine say parejo Oscuro, and yet, I have toro, robusto, and Belicoso. So sorry if I confused you more.
That's odd Phil, all THREE say Parejo Oscuro? I think you better send me one of each for inspection as they may be fakes :evil:
Better yet, two of each so I can "inspect" them at different times (and by inspect I mean SMOKE!).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 112 Old 05-18-2011, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebra View Post
Ahh cool, I went there, Reino had recommended them to me. I only went because he told me that they were doing a sale or something...

Buy any torpedo or perfecto and get any other cigar of equal or lesser value free. Next time you go in, ask her if they still doing that.

I picked up some tat conujus 09s and got the t52s for free!
Yea, I picked up a bunch of sticks on that sale also! I got 2 Padron 80th Anny's for the price of 1!

No there not running that sale anymore ... I was there yesterday and they told me the only sale they've got going on right now is if you buy 4 Monte 75ths and/or oscuros you get a free Monte slim cutter or Monte double torch lighter with built in punch.
post #23 of 112 Old 05-18-2011, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirxlaughs View Post
The same tobacco can have different shades. Those inconsistencies are normal. If anything, I'd say the difference is probably from when they were made/boxed/shipped.

While it is true that sometimes the same tobacco can have different shades ... these two wrappers are not just a shade off, they look like 2 completely different wrappers. And on top of that, the labels are called out differently ... so its not just a different shade wrapper, these are two seperate lines.

post #24 of 112 Old 05-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
The same tobacco can have different shades. Those inconsistencies are normal. If anything, I'd say the difference is probably from when they were made/boxed/shipped.
+1 on what he said ,one is labeled Puros Oscuro ( all #9 are Cuban seed Puros ,if can really call it that )and the other is labeled Parejo Oscuro meaning Dark leaf corona, from what I can see they are both ,dark leafed coronas.

"A wisely chosen cigar, to me, is like a weapon against certain of life’s torments; in some mysterious way, a little blue smoke chases them away." Zino Davidoff
post #25 of 112 Old 05-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Temp Ban for Rules Violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanrob19 View Post
While it is true that sometimes the same tobacco can have different shades ... these two wrappers are not just a shade off, they look like 2 completely different wrappers. And on top of that, the labels are called out differently ... so its not just a different shade wrapper, these are two seperate lines.
I highly doubt it. I think maybe that particular year/plant just ended up that way. Its also possible that he switched the printing to make the labels look more "white." I haven't seen the lighter ones in some time. The only other explanation would be if they were mislabeled at the factory. Also, about the "parejo" thing. Parejo is not specifically a toro size. Parejo is a general shape designation for the "tube" shape. In other words, a parejo is not a figurado.
post #26 of 112 Old 05-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Invading Grabber Robot

Quote:
I highly doubt it. I think maybe that particular year/plant just ended up that way. Its also possible that he switched the printing to make the labels look more "white." I haven't seen the lighter ones in some time. The only other explanation would be if they were mislabeled at the factory. Also, about the "parejo" thing. Parejo is not specifically a toro size. Parejo is a general shape designation for the "tube" shape. In other words, a parejo is not a figurado.
+1 Bruno on all counts. Differences in wrapper color is why for years CC cigar makers avoided classifing the shade of thier wrapper. Unless the wrapper leaf is artificially manipulated, there will be differences from crop to crop (as explained to me by a small Cigar Brand owner).
post #27 of 112 Old 05-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Learn something new everyday ,I was told the translation was coronas,they should have told me the translation is something like a coronas. That would have been more accurate.

"A wisely chosen cigar, to me, is like a weapon against certain of life’s torments; in some mysterious way, a little blue smoke chases them away." Zino Davidoff
post #28 of 112 Old 05-18-2011, 12:56 PM

I was curious as to why one label said "Puros" and the other said "Parejo." Even though Steve himself had once said that the cigar is a puro, I always thought it was a blend of tobaccos from all over the places (CT, Brazil, Nicaragua, Honduras, Dominican Republic). I wonder if he switched to Parejo. If the "Puros" is some kind of older or original band, you may have ended up with a well aged no. 9. It would be interesting if Steve Saka or JD themselves could chime in on this. Perhaps relay the photos and question over to them?
post #29 of 112 Old 05-18-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukesparksoff View Post
Learn something new everyday ,I was told the translation was coronas,they should have told me the translation is something like a coronas. That would have been more accurate.
Oddly enough, the literal translation of parejo is something to the effect equal, same, even, etc.
post #30 of 112 Old 05-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
I was curious as to why one label said "Puros" and the other said "Parejo." Even though Steve himself had once said that the cigar is a puro, I always thought it was a blend of tobaccos from all over the places (CT, Brazil, Nicaragua, Honduras, Dominican Republic). I wonder if he switched to Parejo. If the "Puros" is some kind of older or original band, you may have ended up with a well aged no. 9. It would be interesting if Steve Saka or JD themselves could chime in on this. Perhaps relay the photos and question over to them?

They was trying to call it a puro because all 3 came from Cuban seed ,but I wouldn't call that a Puro

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
good good liga luvin, liga, lp ho's here, oscuro, privada, wrappers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page