EO 601 Green vs. Blue - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-21-2011, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Cada día canto mejor

Thumbs up EO 601 Green vs. Blue

I've been a huge fan of the 601 Green for quite some time now, and had always been a bit stumped by what seems to be the general consensus that the 601 Blue is the real standout in the 601 line. I'd smoked maybe 4-5 of them and was always left with the feeling that yes, it is a very good smoke, but that the Blue just didn't have the depth of flavor of the Green.

Then tonight, after coming back from a trip abroad where I smoked a fair number of Cubans, I dug to the bottom of the humidor and pulled out a 601 Blue robust that had been in there for the better part of 2 years. I light it up and the second puff gave me some pause. Was I wrong about this stick? But it wasn't until I hit the second third that I really, really began to see why people tend to put this above the 601 Green. What a phenomenal smoke!

Tomorrow I'll have to fire up a 601 Green that has been in there for the same amount of time just to see, but for the moment, I just may have seen the light on this stick.

Anyone else have similar experiences? Will I now have to dig out one of my remaining Cubao maduros to see if I haven't been giving them their due credit as well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Fire made it Better

Re: EO 601 Green vs. Blue

The Blue isn't bad, It's just not for me. I much rather prefer the Green and Red. Were a match made in heaven lol

:canada:Canadian Social Group:canada:
post #3 of 8 Old 08-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

The 601 Blue and Cubao Maduro with time on them are absolutely awesome sticks. It was the 601 that had me not wanting to drink anything for fear of missing the awesome flavors.

Funny enough, I've been really interested in the greens of late, since I haven't had one and was hoping for some insight!

post #4 of 8 Old 08-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

I haven't tried the green, but based on recommendations I got here, I picked up a 5er of the blue. I thought it was fantastic, and I am going to have to get some more to age, because the ones I have are not going to last long in the ol' humi.

"Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets"-----Ron Swanson
post #5 of 8 Old 08-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Semi-Automatic

601 Blue is one of my favorites. I have a box of torps from 2008 I haven't touched yet. One of these days......

My cheap favorites:
Tampa Sweethearts Maduro
Famous Nic 3000
Onyx Reserve
post #6 of 8 Old 08-23-2011, 03:25 AM
Maturing Puffer Fish

It sounds like your tastes are shifting and expanding a bit. After you're trip you're choosing the maduro over the oscuro.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-23-2011, 07:29 AM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Blue seems to appreciate better than the Greenies for me. Having said that, neither the Blue or Green 601s have wowed me so far. They just don't seem to hold my attention long enough. I wish Blue had more complexity and I wish Greenies were less harsh. I don't think the 601s fits my profile.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Young Puffer Fish

I to am a fan of the Blue. It has some nice flavors that I enjoy. I have a box aging and one open to smoke now. It's one of my goto everyday sticks.
All that said I just wish they were a little fuller bodied.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
601, blue, green

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page