Cigar Friendly Lounge in Monterey california - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 10-26-2011, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Cigar Friendly Lounge in Monterey california

Hello,
I am traveling to Monterey, CA next week and was wondering if there were any cigar lounges? I did the basic Google search, and this is what I came up with:
  1. Whaling Station Inn
  2. The Humidor
  3. Hellams tobacco shop
Do any of these still exist? Do they vane a cigar lounge? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Russ

There needs to be Chlorine in the gene pool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Re: Cigar Friendly Lounge in Monterey california

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorman View Post
Hello,
I am traveling to Monterey, CA next week and was wondering if there were any cigar lounges? I did the basic Google search, and this is what I came up with:
  1. Whaling Station Inn
  2. The Humidor
  3. Hellams tobacco shop
Do any of these still exist? Do they vane a cigar lounge? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Russ
There used to be one or two down on Cannery Row, but they're no longer there. The one in downtown Monterey, Hellam's, does not have a lounge if memory serves.

I just went to The Humidor's website, and it says/shows they have a lounge: The Humidor

Never been there, though, as I only visit the town occasionally (went to high school there, in-laws live there now). I tend to not shop at the B&M's up there because I've got my own down here in San Diego, and taxes are brutal enough as it is.

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.
post #3 of 12 Old 10-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Send a message via AIM to aaron72

Hellmans still exists and as jswaykos said, I don't believe they have a lounge.

post #4 of 12 Old 10-27-2011, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

So it looks like my only option is "The Humidor" for a smoking lounge. Does anybody know why the "Whaling Station" comes up as cigar friendly in my google searches? It looks like it is a nice resturant. Can't imagine they have a cigar lounge.

Thanks!
Russ

post #5 of 12 Old 10-27-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
So it looks like my only option is "The Humidor" for a smoking lounge. Does anybody know why the "Whaling Station" comes up as cigar friendly in my google searches? It looks like it is a nice resturant. Can't imagine they have a cigar lounge.

Thanks!
Russ
No clue. I can't imagine they have a lounge, either, and I doubt they're to fond of outdoor smoking either, given the state's stand on the issue. If you're just looking for a quiet place to sneak away with a good smoke, there are tons of little coves along Cannery Row and the various beaches, or a walk along Asilomar beach.

post #6 of 12 Old 10-27-2011, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

jswaykos,
I'm attending a convention at the Portola Hotel & Spa in Monterey. I've never been there or to Monterey at all. Any idea if Cannery Row or Asilomar beach is anywhere near? Maybe I'll do a little research when I get there or call one of the local smoke shops for info. Thanks for the ton of info! :smile:

Russ

post #7 of 12 Old 10-27-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
jswaykos,
I'm attending a convention at the Portola Hotel & Spa in Monterey. I've never been there or to Monterey at all. Any idea if Cannery Row or Asilomar beach is anywhere near? Maybe I'll do a little research when I get there or call one of the local smoke shops for info. Thanks for the ton of info! :smile:

Russ
No problem! It's been a while since I've lived there, so my apologies for not being able to be TOO specific. Portola Hotel is in "down town" Monterey. It's close to Cannery Row, and you certainly COULD walk to it. Not sure of the distance, but I'd guess it's about a mile and a half to two miles to the aquarium from your hotel, which is at the end of Cannery Row. I think The Humidor is closer to that end, too, although not on Cannery Row itself. Much closer to get to Cannery Row than Asilomar, which is probably just a few miles away but up and over some sizeable hills... you wouldn't want to walk even if you weren't intimidated by the distance!

These 'directions' may sound confusing but Monterey is very small, and there are only a handful of roads that would go down to Cannery Row as it is - very easy to figure out from where you'll be!

post #8 of 12 Old 10-28-2011, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Thanks!
I'll post my "findings" after I do a bit of exploring. :mrgreen:

post #9 of 12 Old 11-03-2011, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Was looking at places close to the Portola Plaza Hotel in Monterey. I found the Crown and Anchor Pub. Their web site (The Crown and Anchor - The Patio) mentions "Take in the local sights while sipping on a well deserved beverage or smoking a fine cigar with your after dinner drink." Anybody had a cigar on their patio????

Thanks,
Russ

post #10 of 12 Old 11-06-2011, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Here is my final report. I found two places to have a stick in Monterey. I walked to Cannery Row and visited Cannery Row Brewing Company (Cannery Row Brewing Company). Poor web site, but good food, great beer selection and a surpurb bourbon selection. MOST importantly, they have a patio with fire pits and they are cigar friendly.

Secondly, I went to the Crown & Anchor (The Crown and Anchor - Homepage). Really neat pub with British food and many good European beers. I had a really good super and followed it with a great cigar. They have a patio with heaters and a roll down canvas roof it it rains.

I think that anybody looking for good food, drinks and a place to have a cigar will not be dissapointed.

Russ

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
california, cigar, friendly, lounge, monterey

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page