New Orleans Cigar Stops? - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 Old 08-12-2013, 02:54 AM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Re: New Orleans Cigar Stops?

Looks like the cigar shops are covered... but if you want a place to get a killer cheeseburger, go to a place called port of call. I cannot suggest it enough. It is absolutely killer. The bed and breakfast I stayed at was about 2 blocks away, and unfortunately we waited until the 2nd to last day of our vacation to get one. Otherwise I would have been in there every night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 Old 08-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo1473 View Post
New Orleans cigar factory. They have a location on bourbon and one on Decatur . The other shops in the quarter are very expensive and are all open air. No humi. Try the tres at new orleand cigar factory. Awesome smoke to walk down quarter with in one hand and a big ass beer in the other.
Agree on the NO Cigar Factory. I went into the one on Bourbon and the cigar was decent. There was also another one on Canal near Bourbon, but don't recall the name. They had a nice air conditioned smoking area inside.

As for the beer, skip the Big Ass Beer and opt for the Huge Ass Beer. Better value IMO.
post #13 of 22 Old 08-12-2013, 02:38 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
Agree on the NO Cigar Factory. I went into the one on Bourbon and the cigar was decent. There was also another one on Canal near Bourbon, but don't recall the name. They had a nice air conditioned smoking area inside.

As for the beer, skip the Big Ass Beer and opt for the Huge Ass Beer. Better value IMO.
The one on Bourbon is an extension of the main one on Canal. If I'm not mistaken they are the same name.

Rule #32. Enjoy the Little Things :fish2:

post #14 of 22 Old 08-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

They are same company. The one on bourbon only sells. One on Decatur sells and have rollers in there. It's a must stop place in my opinion

Pissing people off since 1973! And getting better at it everyday.
post #15 of 22 Old 08-12-2013, 06:23 PM
ghe
Leading Puffer Fish

Don't miss Dos Jefes Uptown Cigar Bar at 5535 Tchoupitoulas St. Great music, great atmosphere, great place to have a smoke. Check out the Web site: Dos Jefes Uptown Cigar Bar
post #16 of 22 Old 08-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Maturing Puffer Fish

Honestly, I would bring your own sticks. Took just a couple the last time I was in NOLA because I assumed that they would have great shops there. I was disappointed in all the spots on and around Bourbon Street. I even went back to my local B&M and told him if he EVER wanted to branch out I knew of a surefire place that he could kill it! Others have obviously had more success, but I would still bring your own and if you don't smoke them you can bring them back, no harm no foul.
post #17 of 22 Old 08-12-2013, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghe View Post
Don't miss Dos Jefes Uptown Cigar Bar at 5535 Tchoupitoulas St. Great music, great atmosphere, great place to have a smoke. Check out the Web site: Dos Jefes Uptown Cigar Bar
I will definitely check this place out! Thanks
post #18 of 22 Old 08-12-2013, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcritt View Post
Honestly, I would bring your own sticks. Took just a couple the last time I was in NOLA because I assumed that they would have great shops there. I was disappointed in all the spots on and around Bourbon Street. I even went back to my local B&M and told him if he EVER wanted to branch out I knew of a surefire place that he could kill it! Others have obviously had more success, but I would still bring your own and if you don't smoke them you can bring them back, no harm no foul.
Thank Aaron. I was starting to lean this direction, but I will have to check out the NO cigar warehouse and try a few from there. I have not been lucky enough to see smokes being rolled in person.
post #19 of 22 Old 08-12-2013, 11:28 PM
www. cigar bum .com

+1 on the NO Cigar Factory. You can get them online as well, which I plan to do after freeing up a little room in the humis.
post #20 of 22 Old 09-05-2013, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Follow up on my trip to New Orleans:
My wife and I had a blast down there. I took my own cigars in the herf just in case, and I only smoked 2 of them. The place where we stayed was just a couple blocks from the NO Cigar Factory and I bought a 10 pack sampler of their Medium and Full flavored cigars and smoked them the first few days we were down there. I really enjoyed the cigars, so much that I bought another 10 pack before we left and have them resting in my humi. We did try to go to the Cigar Bar on Canal St. but it was packed and we decided to pass and just get a drink and listen to some live music in the quarter. The cigar shops that carried the everyday brands were WAY over priced...Undercrowns for $19....no way, but I enjoyed the sticks from the Factory and I will order more when I run through these. Over all it was a great Anniversary for me and my wife and we plan on going back there soon when we have more than 4 days to play.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page