What's Your Latest Non-Cuban Purchase? II - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 29299Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11557 Old 02-10-2014, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Disinterested

What's Your Latest Non-Cuban Purchase? II

G'day BOTL and SOTL!

Occasionally we get threads, which have simply run their course and other times, some have simply become so enormous that they become unmanageable. That's the case with the great thread, begun in 2009, by our beloved friend, Cigar Man Andy. Not only was Andy's thread 5 years old, but it had run up an astonishing 1065 pages!

That tells us that this is a topic, which garners extraordinary interest and popularity, while providing the community an opportunity to share their enthusiasm of adding to their ever-growing collections. So, it's in this spirit that I want to immediately create this follow-up thread.

My latest non-Cuban purchase is one of which I am particularly proud. Not only are they cigars I consider exceptional, but it was also a box split with a dear friend, fellow BOTL and respected member of Puff.

It's a box of 2012 Hundredth Anniversary Opus X Lancero, acquired by myself and Tobias Lutz. We met up at Milan Tobacconist in downtown Roanoke Virginia. Milan are an ORIGINAL Fuente account, having opened their doors the very same year Fuente were founded. Of course, we've both sequestered them into the deepest bowels of our humidors for a long nap and we look forward to sampling them together once they've awakened.

So, what's your latest acquisition?
Jankjr, Kemetek1 and Olecharlie like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11557 Old 02-10-2014, 03:25 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Re: What's Your Latest Non-Cuban Purchase? II

My first box of Unicos, Dirty Rats baby!!!

Archun likes this.

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves” ~Jack Handey
post #3 of 11557 Old 02-10-2014, 05:53 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herf N Turf View Post
G'day BOTL and SOTL!

My latest non-Cuban purchase is one of which I am particularly proud. Not only are they cigars I consider exceptional, but it was also a box split with a dear friend, fellow BOTL and respected member of Puff.

It's a box of 2012 Hundredth Anniversary Opus X Lancero, acquired by myself and Tobias Lutz.

Thats a tough act to follow. Nice score, they look amazing!
Champagne InHand likes this.

post #4 of 11557 Old 02-10-2014, 08:05 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
G'day BOTL and SOTL!

Occasionally we get threads, which have simply run their course and other times, some have simply become so enormous that they become unmanageable. That's the case with the great thread, begun in 2009, by our beloved friend, Cigar Man Andy. Not only was Andy's thread 5 years old, but it had run up an astonishing 1065 pages!

That tells us that this is a topic, which garners extraordinary interest and popularity, while providing the community an opportunity to share their enthusiasm of adding to their ever-growing collections. So, it's in this spirit that I want to immediately create this follow-up thread.

It's a box of 2012 Hundredth Anniversary Opus X Lancero, acquired by myself and Tobias Lutz. We met up at Milan Tobacconist in downtown Roanoke Virginia. Milan are an ORIGINAL Fuente account, having opened their doors the very same year Fuente were founded. Of course, we've both sequestered them into the deepest bowels of our humidors for a long nap and we look forward to sampling them together once they've awakened.

So, what's your latest acquisition?
Very cool Don. How long do you guys plan on aging them?
post #5 of 11557 Old 02-10-2014, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Disinterested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Smokey View Post
Very cool Don. How long do you guys plan on aging them?
I generally like to give Opus at least two years, but they seem to hold up well to about 10. I have it on good intel that these sat around at Fuente for five.
post #6 of 11557 Old 02-10-2014, 08:34 PM
No longer a community member.

Quote:
My wife just rolled her eyes at me for the first time in a long time after I told her how much those were a piece :biggrin:

Yet another great example of the fun you can have when you get together with another Puffer at the local B&M!
post #7 of 11557 Old 02-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz View Post
My wife just rolled her eyes at me for the first time in a long time after I told her how much those were a piece :biggrin:

Yet another great example of the fun you can have when you get together with another Puffer at the local B&M!
I look forward to reading the thread when you two get together to pop the cherry on that box.
post #8 of 11557 Old 02-10-2014, 09:00 PM
That belongs in a museum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz View Post

ok...I have to ask...how much are these?
post #9 of 11557 Old 02-10-2014, 09:25 PM
No longer a community member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSunfire View Post
ok...I have to ask...how much are these?
Honestly, I don't remember now (it's been a few weeks). I know that David gave us a nice deal on them though. ~$25 a piece.
post #10 of 11557 Old 02-11-2014, 01:56 AM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Why did they close the original thread?

10 pack bundle of My Uzi Weighs a Ton 6x60
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page