High humidity - Page 3 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 Old 05-02-2016, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
No longer a community member.

Another reason I tend to store cigars at little higher than 65 is because I leave cellophane on except my small humidor where I keep what I know I am gonna smoke soon anyway. I take cellos off about at least a month before I smoke a cigar. I know is porous but I always assumed a wrapped cigar absorbed humidity slower than an unwrapped one....?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 Old 05-02-2016, 07:24 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by welborn View Post
Another reason I tend to store cigars at little higher than 65 is because I leave cellophane on except my small humidor where I keep what I know I am gonna smoke soon anyway. I take cellos off about at least a month before I smoke a cigar. I know is porous but I always assumed a wrapped cigar absorbed humidity slower than an unwrapped one....?????
Noooooooooooo...not the dreaded cello debate. On/off, yellow good, yellow bad, how yellow is to yellow, what if it's BROWN , cut the ends off, leave em closed up ,save em, throw em away,if I'm a cello off guy can I switch to cello on guy without causing a cosmic disaster, can I decorate my Christmas tree with em. ..I can feel myself starting to twitch.
azmadurolover likes this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #23 of 26 Old 05-02-2016, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
No longer a community member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBC03 View Post
Noooooooooooo...not the dreaded cello debate. On/off, yellow good, yellow bad, how yellow is to yellow, what if it's BROWN , cut the ends off, leave em closed up ,save em, throw em away,if I'm a cello off guy can I switch to cello on guy without causing a cosmic disaster, can I decorate my Christmas tree with em. ..I can feel myself starting to twitch.

Lol well I haven't really ever debated the issue. I think it just boils down to personal choice and sometimes space.

post #24 of 26 Old 05-02-2016, 07:49 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by welborn View Post
Lol well I haven't really ever debated the issue. I think it just boils down to personal choice and sometimes space.
It's like rh levels . If you ask 5 people you get 6 different answers. .I'm a convert myself. Used to be cello off. It took me awhile to figure out I drop AT LEAST one cigar everytime I rotate. Expensive lesson. only took me about ten years to figure it out. .pretty quick for me
demuths1770 likes this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #25 of 26 Old 05-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

my person opinion is the cigar companies put cello on, they store them in cello for how long than your local shop stores them for how long so i keep cello on for the reason of protection during storage and transit and well the cigar company put it on it cant hurt it!!!!! lol

Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman— or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle. - George Burns :smoke2:
post #26 of 26 Old 05-03-2016, 12:35 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by demuths1770 View Post
my person opinion is the cigar companies put cello on, they store them in cello for how long than your local shop stores them for how long so i keep cello on for the reason of protection during storage and transit and well the cigar company put it on it cant hurt it!!!!! lol

I believe the cello is put on to protect my precious sticks from the nasty newbies that shuffle into the shop humidor with their grubby little paws covered with strawberry jam and insist on fondling sticks they have no intention of buying. I always wash my hands with triple distilled water, then don cotton gloves over latex gloves before approaching within 12 feet of my humidor.
UBC03 and azmadurolover like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page