Cigars aged at the b&m - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 Old 07-22-2016, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Puffer Fish with some spikes

I already got a 5er getting acclimated now. I was more just curious if they would be better with age. Your probably right about not missing out on anything

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Grey Goose likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 07-22-2016, 01:28 PM
The Karate Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunamaji View Post
I already got a 5er getting acclimated now. I was more just curious if they would be better with age. Your probably right about not missing out on anything

Some people say they don't age... I personally think they do, but it's all in your preference. If you like that strong, earthy kick, they're probably past their prime. If you prefer something smoother, they might be in your wheelhouse.

NCs for the most part tend to lose that young sparkle, but some of them can come out the other side incredibly smooth and complex. Just depends.
curmudgeonista likes this.

Puff.com Rules - Please don't PM me for Cuban sources
post #13 of 14 Old 07-22-2016, 01:52 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunamaji View Post
I waited too long... someone went in and bought the box yesterday of the padrons.

Well...and I don't intend for this to offend you...that's what happens when you decide to make personal decisions by committee!!!

Secondly, the 'best value' is the one you enjoy more...regardless of price point. Smoking ceegars...in my opinion...isn't about investment and value...it's about how the smoke rocks your world!

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid. Just sayin'...

post #14 of 14 Old 07-22-2016, 05:09 PM
Disfrutar de cigarros!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StogieNinja View Post
Some people say they don't age... I personally think they do, but it's all in your preference. If you like that strong, earthy kick, they're probably past their prime. If you prefer something smoother, they might be in your wheelhouse.

NCs for the most part tend to lose that young sparkle, but some of them can come out the other side incredibly smooth and complex. Just depends.
I sure respect your opinion Derek, you know a hell of a lot more about cigars than I ever will.

My opinion was based on this;

For a working guy to part with that kind of cabbage on a 10 year old box of Padrons, which are about as smooth and flavorful as it gets ROTT, has a strong exposure to getting something potentially undesirable that he wasn't bargaining for, and even if they aged well, which I am admittedly dubious about, for those of us who lack the uber refined palate of a cigar aficionado like yourself, and I mean that sincerely, the result would likely be negligible.

But, on the other hand, I do have some AF's from that long ago...lol.

I could see spending that sort of dough on a box and smoking one or two, try another in 6 months, then a year, etc, and if it's getting good continuing that, but a 10 yr old box of unknown quality, not do much.

Just me.
Cigary likes this.

Last edited by Grey Goose; 07-22-2016 at 09:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page