First cigar lounge visit horrible - Page 3 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 Old 09-27-2016, 02:32 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

I really lucked out when I moved to Ohio a couple years ago. Previously had stops in rural Illinois (no shop within an hour+) and Indiana (just 1 shop in my area and it had crappy selection and a ridiculous markup, still it took a bad experience before I decided to never go back). My new B&M is 5 minutes away, has a great selection, and by all accounts is run properly. No more winter hiatus!
Joe Sticks likes this.

"Chamberlain was the most unbelievable physical specimen ever. But there was one thing he couldn't do. He couldn't beat us."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 Old 09-27-2016, 11:29 PM
CigarUnaficionado

Sorry to hear of this as being your first experience. As others have said, just keep looking for the right fit. My experience, since moving to a smaller, rural area is to not go at all any more. Not because I don't want to, but because there just isn't one close to me now. Enjoy your cigars regardless of where you find yourself smoking them.
post #23 of 24 Old 09-28-2016, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcqueen View Post
Sorry to hear of this as being your first experience. As others have said, just keep looking for the right fit. My experience, since moving to a smaller, rural area is to not go at all any more. Not because I don't want to, but because there just isn't one close to me now. Enjoy your cigars regardless of where you find yourself smoking them.

Thank you. I was more looking for a place to buy to and occasionally go on a weird day off or early day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tom87 likes this.

post #24 of 24 Old 09-28-2016, 02:32 AM
PJD
Brother of the Leaf

If you find yourself in Montclair, NJ check out Fumé on Bloomfield Avenue. Best B&M I've ever found, and although their prices are on the high side (it IS New Jersey after all) they're still cheaper than NY. There's also J.R. in Whippany. It's huge, a bit loud in the lounge, but the selection is good and there's almost always room to sit down and enjoy a drink or a meal.

A B&M I would prefer not to name finally opened up in my own town last year. They were the most customer-unfriendly place I'd ever been in, and the humidor was fed with tap water (leaving a pall of white dust on all the cigars after the first month they were open). I bought ten Anejos the week before Christmas from the old guy running the place. The next day I came back with a stick I'd bought from them the week before and was told to get out because I didn't buy one and light that one up. I even had the receipt from the Anejos. He didn't care. Buy-and-smoke. Unless you're a friend of the owner or manager, then you can do what you want. The clientele was a bunch of old guys in track suits. I'm betting many of them had a middle name of "The."

Karma caught up with them shortly afterwards, though. They were told by the town that smoking wasn't allowed in the premises and the local cops fined anybody caught with a lit anything $200 and threatened arrest. They can only sell sticks to go now, despite putting in a $200k ventilation system. I'd gladly have gone to bat for them had circumstances been different.

So yeah, there are some crappy stores and some real gems. Keep going 'til you find a gem.
Tom87 and navymancdf like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page